PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Comments

• bunny_too
    bunny_too Posts: 266 Forumite
    Lots of northern ireland os peeps on here today. Hello to all. Just luv veda, mum's special was mars bar and apple veda sandwiches.
    Love reading all the posts, really gives me a lift.:j
  • SunnyGirl
    SunnyGirl Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    Hi. All this talk of Veda & Tayto (which I had never heard of till now!) is making me hungry :D My 5 for today are:

1. Washing on the line and is appearing to be nearly dry - amazing.

2. Went food shopping this morning got some lovely fish from our local fab fish market.

3. Had a long chat on the phone last night with a dear friend who I haven't seen for a while due to both our work/illness/family committments.

4. DS2, DS3 & I bathed the dogs. Our newest one had obviously never been bathed before so we were all soaking wet & laughing hysterically by the end of it :D

5. DH's appreciative comments whilst we were shopping regarding my ability to look after us all, feed us well and manage a sometimes tight budget.

6. An extra one as I wouldn't be half as good at all the budgeting etc without this lovely board :A
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    bunny_too wrote: »
    Lots of northern ireland os peeps on here today. Hello to all. Just luv veda, mum's special was mars bar and apple veda sandwiches.
    Love reading all the posts, really gives me a lift.:j
    Are you new here Bunnytoo?! There are a few Norn Ironers and Southerners around here! Oh mars bar and apple! Someone told me their granny used to make them chicken veda sandwiches! i can't imagine that but never say never
    jc2703 wrote: »
    Parmo's are chicken (or pork) in breadcrumbs, topped with a very think white sauce with grated cheese all over....served with chips, creamed cabbage and garlic sauce and tasty anytime but particularly after a skinful of beer :D

Now i'm hungry AND homesick!

J x

That sounds like quite the dealio! Do you cook the chicken in breadcrumbs or top with the sauce , add cheese, then cook? Creamed cabbage? Do you make garlic sauce?! PM me as i don't want to hijack this thread! :o
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Hi all

Wow, new thread, I have been wondering whether the old one was getting a bit overloaded! Thank you thriftlady!

Billy858 sorry to hear about your difficulties with your DD, I hope it gets resolved. (((HUGS)))

Here are mine for the day:

1 - First thing in the morning, up and made DH breakfast and packed lunch, then managed to get tonight's dinner on the cooker (leek and tatties soup, boiled sweetcorn). Now all I have to do it is warm it.

2 - Planning to make a quick soda bread to go with soup, to use up my soya kefir.

3 - Well well well today I have surprised myself. An Italian woman that I have met only a couple of times in the past emailed me the other day, she is expecting her first baby and wants me to be her doula. So I replied that I no longer work as a doula, gave her my friend's phone no, but agreed that I would go and visit her in a few days to have a chat about birth etc..., just informally. Well, I went today and she persuaded me to take her on for the birth of her baby! She really wants to birth in her own language and she is lovely, so I am glad I have "come out of retirement" for this one only, though!

4 - Went to PO box for work and found a very large cheque for the organisation there, funding for 3 years for core services, unrestricted funds! Even though I am not planning to stay for much longer myself, it is good news as I really think that they do great work.

5 - Planning to go and see Age of Stupid tonight with some friends.

Good night all xxx
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • Hi Caterina I have only just found out what a doula is. What an amazing idea! Wish I'd had one. Certainly must be a lovely job to do.

Pleasures today

1) Finally emailing OU assignment off. Goodness me, this one was difficult.
    2) Lunch (a very frugal one as you will see) with DH in a lovely little restaurant we used to frequent years ago. Two lattes, a bowl of dahl and chips and one of chicken tikka pieces. It was just lovely sitting there and watching the world go by.
    3) MIL and FIL brought the children back from their various activities and stopped for a cuppa.
    4) A thank you note from a friend and a chat on the doorstep before she wobbled off on her bike

Can't think of a 5) but it's been a lovely day. Have a nice evening, everyone
  • bunny_too
    bunny_too Posts: 266 Forumite
    Zippychick,
    had been lurking for over a year, started posting few weeks ago.:j
    Find that reading all the great posts keeps me inspired.
  • billy858
    billy858 Posts: 119 Forumite
    Back again. Caterina, many thanks for your kind words. After a very weepy day (me), DD1 has actually apologised for her terrible behaviour. Although I have accepted the apology, she was so hurtful I am struggling to act as if there is nothing wrong.
    Anyway I'm feeling better this evening so mine for today,
    1. Apology from DD1.
    2. DD2 making cookies - very tasty.
    3. Long (time out) walk with dog and bumping into a good friend somewhere unexpected.
    4. Free lunch courtesy of MIL - miracles do happen, I'm careful with money but she is a real tightwad!
    5. DH finishing work at 11am to come to lunch and to assist with DD1 situation.
    6. December issue of Ideal Home magazine & glass of wine (dreaming of Christmas).
    Love to all. X
  • Kitchenbunny
    Kitchenbunny Posts: 2,085
    Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Here's my five for the day:

1) Taking advantage of the lovely fruit and veg offers at the supermarket and coming back with a load of it to snack on instead of the usual crisps and chocolate.
    2) Feeling positive after doing some exercises this evening.
    3) Getting ready to alter my top to make a sorceress/vampire costume for Friday. I'm excited about it!
    4) Reading a bit more of a new book, and getting engrossed in it.
    5) My DH :)

Kitchenbunny xx
    Trying for daily wins, and a little security in an insecure world.
  • Souk08
    Souk08 Posts: 3,240 Forumite
    1. Not spent a penny today and ate well (HM stuff)
    2. Going to do my fave thing tonight, cooking. And for my lovely bro and his boyf too!
    3. Got stuff sorted with BT and 3.
    4. Cuppa and crackers planned.
    5. Nice early night tonight.

And for yesterday:
    1. Got given a free mag in the street.
    2. Got given a free chocolate bar in the street.
    3. Collected free gift from Body Shop from Love your Body card.

X
    'The road to a friends house is never long'
  • well i have been reading everyone elses things for days so here goes mine for today
    1) as the sun was shining go up early and had a coffee by myself sat outside it was very peaceful
    2) Got three loads of washing dry outside as it was so nice ( including bedding)
    3) Friend I had not spoke to for ages phoned up very long chat
    4) Went to asda and bought loads of bread for 10p and 20p but best of all a pack of brioche reduced and it has bbd of 9/11 on (also bought wine at £2 a bottle x3 and calsberg that was on offer)
    5) Not fulfilled totally as yet but am having a lovely glass of wine( which was from a £2 bottle) and will be getting in a lovely bed that has just been washed today and dried outside which I love
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure