April 2013 Swagbucks Challenge

Comments

• fragmented
    fragmented Posts: 1,657 Forumite
    edited 14 April 2013 at 12:00AM
    Thanks paulshorse for getting that taken down.... although it should never of been there in the first place *sigh*

i think it's safe to assume any download for what are otherwise a freeware programs available from the makers sites for free will contain spyware/toolbars at the least and infect the computer with bots or key loggers at worst ... otherwise why would another place pay someone to download a free program?

I feel sorry for the new people with the high targets as such downloads are possibly one of the few free ways they can reach their targets after they have done the surveys, and hope they have good anti-virus/malware detection programs installed.
  • Hoping to get back into Swagbucks (and a few other survey sites) after some months break, because I might as well be earning money than looking at funny cat pictures :D

Hopefully the being part of the thread will motivate me as I'm awful at sticking to things :doh:

Here's to making some money! :beer:
    Here to make some money! :beer:
  • paulshorse
    paulshorse Posts: 3,341 Forumite
    fragmented wrote: »
    Thanks paulshorse for getting that taken down.... although it should never of been there in the first place *sigh*

i think it's safe to assume any download for what are otherwise a freeware programs available from the makers sites for free will contain spyware/toolbars at the least and infect the computer with bots or key loggers at worst ... otherwise why would another place pay someone to download a free program?

I feel sorry for the new people with the high targets as such downloads are possibly one of the few free ways they can reach their targets after they have done the surveys, and hope they have good anti-virus/malware detection programs installed.

I'm sure that changing any kind of program to add spyware and adware has legal implications - usually a program will say in it's terms and conditions that it can only be passed on in its original form.I would never download any of the software from the walls because sometimes even restoring your computer to before the download won't get rid of the spyware. The only safe way is to use an old computer and restore it to factory settings periodically or use a sandbox, but it's such a hassle for a few pence
    Swagbucks joined 5th July 2012 - Earned 2012: Amazon - £300 - 2013: Amazon - £610
    Neobux - joined 15th April 2013 - Earned 2013 $695 PayPal
    2014 - Swagbucks £75 Neobux $102 Clixsense $67
    2014 goal £180/600
  • paulshorse
    paulshorse Posts: 3,341 Forumite
    Hoping to get back into Swagbucks (and a few other survey sites) after some months break, because I might as well be earning money than looking at funny cat pictures :D

Hopefully the being part of the thread will motivate me as I'm awful at sticking to things :doh:

Here's to making some money! :beer:
    Welcome to the thread Izzy and good luck. I am like you - I think I may as well be earning rather than sitting playing mind-numbing games. It does get frustrating at times, though - today it's taken me 15 hours to reach the target, but on the whole it's worth it
    Swagbucks joined 5th July 2012 - Earned 2012: Amazon - £300 - 2013: Amazon - £610
    Neobux - joined 15th April 2013 - Earned 2013 $695 PayPal
    2014 - Swagbucks £75 Neobux $102 Clixsense $67
    2014 goal £180/600
  • paulshorse wrote: »
    Welcome to the thread Izzy and good luck. I am like you - I think I may as well be earning rather than sitting playing mind-numbing games. It does get frustrating at times, though - today it's taken me 15 hours to reach the target, but on the whole it's worth it

I did used to come on here a few months ago and keep up to date but have had an 'extended break' I suppose :p

It only took me about half an hour to reach 70 SB :T
    Here to make some money! :beer:
  • dolphin19
    dolphin19 Posts: 1,055 Forumite
    Just did a 33 sb survey that I found in my messages, it is on my ledger but hasn't credited towards my daily target - I have never had this happen before.:(
  • mizzame
    mizzame Posts: 314
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Uniform Washer
    Forumite
    dolphin19 wrote: »
    Just did a 33 sb survey that I found in my messages, it is on my ledger but hasn't credited towards my daily target - I have never had this happen before.:(

They have not been crediting on my daily ledger for some time.
    £2014 in 2014
    £3,155.66 £2014
    :D
  • dolphin19
    Thanks to a BBC advert I just got 17 sb for searching "1922"
  • dolphin19
    mizzame wrote: »
    They have not been crediting on my daily ledger for some time.

Right thanks. I think it's the first time I haven't been dq'd so wouldn't have known.:)
  • ThriftyFelicity
    ThriftyFelicity Posts: 771
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 14 April 2013 at 11:31AM
    Anyone else have the Brainjuicer DS on breakfast cereals that keeps hanging part way through?

Tried ESC and F5, and then it takes me four questions back. Answer same questions again on the next four pages, hangs again. ESC and F5, back to the same four questions again. Stuck in a Cedric loop.

:mad:
    R.I.P. Bart. The best cat there ever was. :sad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family