We've made some changed to Competitions Time. Please see this thread.

PLEASE READ - Posts by the MSE Team and BG's - merged

Comments

• needahol
    needahol Posts: 767 Forumite
    edited 15 May 2009 at 5:19PM
    I posted the McCoys crisps comp this morning but it's not showing now so assume it's been deleted. I thought comps that have a NPN route were OK :confused: I clearly stated that there was a NPN route.

I had a similar comp to post but won't post it until we get some clarification.
    08 wins £3000+ :j09 wins £4408:j2010 (6 months off) £2004:j2011 £10,003 :j 2012 - £6013 :j2013 wins £8500 :j 2014 £5530 so far....
  • needahol
    edited 15 May 2009 at 5:43PM
    Al_Mac wrote: »
    Can I suggest you contact a BG, they have another route into MSE towers, I believe. I suspect MSE Andrea wont be back.

Thanks, I'll do that.

ETA - PM'd Dalkirst
    08 wins £3000+ :j09 wins £4408:j2010 (6 months off) £2004:j2011 £10,003 :j 2012 - £6013 :j2013 wins £8500 :j 2014 £5530 so far....
  • ThinkingOfLinking
    ThinkingOfLinking Posts: 11,828
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    needahol wrote: »
    I posted the McCoys crisps comp this morning but it's not showing now so assume it's been deleted. I thought comps that have a NPN route were OK :confused: I clearly stated that there was a NPN route.

I had a similar comp to post but won't post it until we get some clarification.

I had a feeling it wouldn't be allowed so I mentioned it in the Compers' Inn but decided not to post it.
  • needahol
    I had a feeling it wouldn't be allowed so I mentioned it in the Compers' Inn but decided not to post it.

There's no reason why it shouldn't be allowed as there is a NPN route. It has been reposted by someone else overnight, let's hope that post stays on the boards.
  • twotimes
    twotimes Posts: 6,551
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    needahol wrote: »

Isn't the NPN route via post though, and it was in the main forum not the postal entry thread?
  • needahol
    twotimes wrote: »
    Isn't the NPN route via post though, and it was in the main forum not the postal entry thread?

I don't think that makes a difference. The Magnum and Doritos comps are both on the main board, they both require purchase and, iirc the NPN route is only available to customers in NI (and is via post).

Anyway, it doesn't matter now as someone else has kindly reposted the comp. It would just be nice to have definite clarification so that people know exactly what is and isn't allowed to be posted.
  • Mamzie
    Mamzie Posts: 2,540
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hello all,

Just to let you know that I had a pm a few days ago from MSE Andrea, saying she had replied on this thread earlier to clarify and asking if she had missed anything. So I resent basically the same pm that I mentioned earlier, re the confusion over small purchase comps and asking if we could get more clarification. I have not heard anything further yet, and this was sent on the 15th May. :confused:

I am on hols from tomorrow for the following week, so thought I would update, and hope that maybe someone else would be able to ask any questions, if we have any response.:o
    My light may be on, but that doesn't always mean I am looking at the PC - I am far more likely to be cuddling or feeding Tianna atm, so please don't think I am ignoring you if I don't reply quickly :)

Our Precious Baby Tianna has now joined our Family, she is much loved and very welcome, xxx
  • Barnabysue
    Barnabysue Posts: 9,058 Forumite
    Just wondered whether the Tombola comps where you have to make a deposit to play the games are okay or not? I saw one posted today where there was a £10 deposit required, would that be considered a purchase required?
    Luck is believing you’re lucky – Tennessee Williams

May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light. May good luck pursue you each morning and night – Anonymous
  • nash0819 wrote: »

This would stop the referral being shown as MSE. The downside is that the person who clicks on the link sees a short "you are being re-directed to..." webpage before being automatically forwarded to the right place.

Just for seeing "you are being re-directed to..." to user that doesn't make any difference.
  • Barnabysue
    Barnabysue Posts: 9,058 Forumite
    edited 5 June 2009 at 8:56AM
    I assumed that one of the reasons that Companies hold competitions is to attract traffic to their site. By posting everything about the comp here, especially email addresses, we are taking those 'hits' away from them , seems I assumed correctly reading back.
    Luck is believing you’re lucky – Tennessee Williams

May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light. May good luck pursue you each morning and night – Anonymous
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure