PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

July 2008 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• Herewegoagain
    Herewegoagain Posts: 2,370 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Yes, sorry, Nikki, you're too quick for me... :D I was trying to catch up with the posts and would have forgot if I didn't do it then and there...:o

Mrs M, so sorry to hear your news. Love and hugs to you and your family at this sad time.

Big Mumma, thanks for letting us know. you get used to people on here and I come on here for a bit of excapism and also because of the feeling of friendship you all give with the help and advice you offer so freely - so rare in todays world, so it's like my extended family and I feel really sad now.

Still feeling bleugh and have spent most of this morning in bed - have just got up to catch up with threads and some other stuff on here.

For anyone copying recipes and stuff: I copy and paste mine all onto one word document, but it is now 36 pages long and I can never find anything, so this is what I do now:
    1. Highlight the heading of the recipe (ie: twinks Hobnobs)
    2. Click on 'insert' at the top of the page (usually next to 'file' & 'edit')
    3. then click on 'bookmark'
    4. type in the name you want for the bookmark (you can't put any spaces in this - ie: 'twinkshobnobs') and click 'add'
    5. do this for all your recipes
    6. then at the top of the page, make a list of all the recipes you have just bookmarked
    7. highlight each one individually (our example again is 'twinks hobnobs'), click on insert again and then click 'hyperlink'
    8. click on the 'bookmark' button (usually on the right hand side)
    9. and there are all your bookmarks you did, click on the one you want to go to (which would obviously be 'twinkshobnobs' in this example) and click OK
    10. then you have a list at the top, which when you click on the recipe title you want, it will take you down to the page it is on (even if there are 36 pages)!
    You can even sort these into alphabetical order if it helps.

This sounds complicated, but it really isn't - best thing to do is just try it if you're not sure.

Hope that helps someone

Your so good at all this stuff and I still can't post pic's or put lines through on my sig nor save things, I bow down to all you clever peeps and hope I can do some of these things before I retire or go mad which evers 1st:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :A
    lost 3stin 4mnths GC nov£90/£51.65 July£100/£97.67 Aug£90/£18.59
    LBM Nov05 Loan £4910.65 Paid April07 sealed pot challenge#256
    Nov06 CC £2,590.56 Paid aug07 + Savings07/08 Night Owl 22#
    Mortgage £87,000/£84,000/ £82,261.00/£81,785.30 £80,268/£75402.00/£71229.15 DFW NERD 987 Long Haul member 125 debt free 24th aug 07
  • zoe260373
    zoe260373 Posts: 868 Forumite
    nsd for me again,besides ive just had a fab new kenwood processor delivered(surprise from OH) guess he must be enjoying all the hm food:) its got loads of attachments,dont know where to start:o angelnikki...your grub looks yummy,be glad i live faaar away else id be knocking the door for a cuppa and a biccie:rotfl
    family is me,oh,16yDS,10DD,9DS&17month old DS,2dogs,3cats,4bunnies,5 ex battery hens&5fish.GC challenge-/£300:pspends already this month-animal food-£28,mr T shop-£119.plus local shop spends total spent £257,:j
  • Flylady_Flower
    Flylady_Flower Posts: 2,855 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    angelnikki wrote: »
    Denise You could just add this post ( Recipe Index )to your favourites instead of adding them all seperately ;) Nikki
    x

Thanks Nikki,
    I do check on there for quick reference to save me opening word doc sometimes, and have bookmarked the page too, but some of the recipes I have are from other threads and some of the stuff on it is also just moneysaving ideas - ie: washing gloop, which I have under a seperate heading, so everything is in one place now, but it did take a while to set up originally (easier now as I do them as I add), but thanks for the idea...:D
    LBM April 2013 - £29,000.00
    Vanquis CC's PAID - Debenhams SC PAID - A+L OD PAID - Asda CC £783.75
    Barclaycard CC £1400.78 - BoS CC PAID - Freemans Cat PAID
    F/D Loan & CC £1458.96 - Santander Loan PAID - Mum Loan PAID
    RBS OD PAID - F/D OD £1026.52
    Weekly Grocery Challenge - £95.00 budget / spend £-
  • Flylady_Flower
    Flylady_Flower Posts: 2,855 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Your so good at all this stuff and I still can't post pic's or put lines through on my sig nor save things, I bow down to all you clever peeps and hope I can do some of these things before I retire or go mad which evers 1st:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :A

You just have to remember we were all like that when we first started out - thing with using most of the stuff on here is it's pretty much all the same, so when you've got used to the basics, you will pretty much be able to use the rest, it's just a piece of electrical equipment after all (just like the microwave! ;) ).

I was self taught on most of it, and made some Horrendous mistakes in the beginning, but it doesn't matter, it's not like pressing a button on here deletes the world or anything, :rolleyes: so just go for it and practice - the most you will have to do is re-type your message.

Practice on word if you have it - just click and see what happens, you will learn before you retire (although there is no guarantee that you won't have gone mad before then! :D:D:D )
    LBM April 2013 - £29,000.00
    Vanquis CC's PAID - Debenhams SC PAID - A+L OD PAID - Asda CC £783.75
    Barclaycard CC £1400.78 - BoS CC PAID - Freemans Cat PAID
    F/D Loan & CC £1458.96 - Santander Loan PAID - Mum Loan PAID
    RBS OD PAID - F/D OD £1026.52
    Weekly Grocery Challenge - £95.00 budget / spend £-
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    can i add my condolences to MrsMc and her family at this sad time
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • turbo5019
    turbo5019 Posts: 331 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Turbo5019 72 cheesy biscuits!!!? :) Did you do a triple batch or something? I wouldn't be able to make that many cos I always eat half of them before they've even cooled!! It must be baking day in lowestoft cos I've just made gingerbread [strike]men[/strike] cookies and am gonna try the soft bread rolls in a bit. (So jealous of you having flower cutters OrkneyStar :o I've only got round ones :()
    I only did a double batch but i don't have a small cutter so I use the round tablespoon measurer that I use with the hob nobs so they are small but lovely. Was going to bake more but when I looked for the plain flour for the strawberry muffins I didn't have any :eek:
    GC July £250/
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!

anyone who hasn't tried it yet try the artisan bread- permanent fixture in my fridge now and its very very very scrummy and easy.

A
    xx

What recipe did you use for the artisan bread please? I've tried it but I got a pizza rather than a loaf :mad: & it's a lot of flour to waste at once. I must be doing something wrong but can't figure out what. I used 2lb strong flour (1/3 wholemeal, 2/3 white), 750ml warm water, doves yeast & half the amount of table salt as I have no rock salt :confused: posted on the AB thread but no pointers so far as to what I'm doing wrong, any help appreciated!
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • angelnikki
    angelnikki Posts: 892 Forumite
    turbo5019 wrote: »
    Was going to bake more but when I looked for the plain flour for the strawberry muffins I didn't have any :eek:
    Lol you can borrow some of mine if you like - I've got more than MrT!! :o

I always use SR flour for muffins though as it makes them rise up really nicely;)

Nikki
    x
    :A
  • hev_2
    hev_2 Posts: 1,397 Forumite
    Not keeping up with this threat (or anything really :o) but want to add my condolences.

So sorry.
    Always another chapter

• OrkneyStar
    OrkneyStar Posts: 7,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    (So jealous of you having flower cutters OrkneyStar :o I've only got round ones :()
    I got my cutters in a huge box from Lakeland, got them just after we got married and was going through a baking phase (did not work FT or have DS then lol so lots of time for a few months :p ). Funny thing is I only wanted round ones but could not find them for love nor money! As a result I now have pretty much every shape under the sun, round, flowers, animals, people etc etc! I will try again to take and post a pic of them. Thanks again for the recipe- would not have had any shaped gingerbreads without that! :T Also just to say I had to use darker brown sugar, but they tasted yummy, just a little darker in colour. Nice brown flowers lol!
    Ermutigung wirkt immer besser als Verurteilung.
    Encouragement always works better than judgement.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure