Asda Opticians only £50 for Complete glasses INC Thinnest Lenses for NO EXTRA COST

kennyjosiah
kennyjosiah Posts: 199 Forumite
edited 27 October 2009 at 11:55AM in It's gone, but was it any good?
Went to Asda today as I have to buy a pair of specs to use alongside my contacts, as I am shortsighted and very vain, I have been looking for specs with the ultra thin lenses and fell upon these in Asda (not literally Im not quite that bad) :rotfl:what makes them such a good deal is that the very thin lenses are NO extra cost, Specsavers charge an extra £150 on top for their thinnest lenses. :cool:

http://www.asda-contactlenses.co.uk/glasses_home.jsp

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• geri1965_2
    geri1965_2 Posts: 8,736 Forumite
    I usually have to have the thinnest lenses ordered in, and as you say they are expensive - not sure how Asda can afford to do this, unless it's a loss leader.

Do you have the glasses? What is your prescription?
  • geri1965 wrote: »
    I usually have to have the thinnest lenses ordered in, and as you say they are expensive - not sure how Asda can afford to do this, unless it's a loss leader.

Do you have the glasses? What is your prescription?

I have ordered two pairs today of Morgan glasses one in Clear and One pair tinted for an extra £10 in glass and one pair in plastic, I am very shortsighted and dont want bottletops, you can mix and match the Designers and/or George ~ the total cost for both pairs is £100 they do have to be ordered in but thats the same with any glasses as far as I know havent told me how long they will take but I didnt think to ask :confused:
  • Ilovemykids
    Ilovemykids Posts: 2,237 Forumite
    Hi .
    where are the glasses in Asda,do yours have an instore opticians? :confused:
  • Hi .
    where are the glasses in Asda,do yours have an instore opticians? :confused:

Hi, yes ours was instore opticians, here is a link for you to find stores near to you :)

http://www.asda-contactlenses.co.uk/optical_store_finder.jsp
  • lolly5648
    lolly5648 Posts: 2,257
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 22 October 2009 at 11:27AM
    My optician has just quoted £350 for 1.67 varifocals. I think I will try Asda. Someone also said Tesco are good
  • chivers1977
    chivers1977 Posts: 1,499 Forumite
    Do you know what the index is of these? I get 1.9 index glass lenses due to -15 sight. If Asda are selling these then I will be down there like a shot but if not then might be worth amending the title. Susepect that these are high index plastic which are not as thin. Such things are vital to people like me with mega prescriptions!
    There are times when parenthood seems nothing but feeding the mouth that bites you Peter De Vries
    Debt free by 40 (27/11/2016)
  • Do you know what the index is of these? I get 1.9 index glass lenses due to -15 sight. If Asda are selling these then I will be down there like a shot but if not then might be worth amending the title. Susepect that these are high index plastic which are not as thin. Such things are vital to people like me with mega prescriptions!

Hi I dont know you might have to go into Asda and ask them, I know he suggested glass and keyed it into his computer to see if it would be any extra and it came up at the same price, but I dont know what the index is, sorry :confused:
  • Buttonmoons
    Buttonmoons Posts: 13,323 Forumite
    Not going to specsavers now to get my new glasses, they want a minimum of £60 just to thin down my lens and I need new frames too, obviously....and my prescription isn't THAT bad, erm I think, and they thinned down my old glasses (lower prescription then *sigh*) and it still looks bulky to me!

Can't remember what my eye prescription is but I know with contacts I'm now a -4.5 in the left eye and -5.0 in the right.

Does it vary a lot between contacts and glasses? I'm probably a -7 in glasses I bet :(
  • sm00chie
    sm00chie Posts: 324 Forumite
    Do you know what the index is of these? I get 1.9 index glass lenses due to -15 sight. If Asda are selling these then I will be down there like a shot but if not then might be worth amending the title. Susepect that these are high index plastic which are not as thin. Such things are vital to people like me with mega prescriptions!

i'm -7/-8 and very interested in this thread, do you think they just do the reglazing?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure