The Gift Basket and Hampers Index

Comments

• maz16
    maz16 Posts: 27 Forumite
    hi how do i view the completed baskets thanking you
  • Christmas is a season of festive decorations, Christmas trees, stockings hung by the fireplace laden with gifts and the indubitable task of buying gifts. The much awaited and anticipated Christmas gift comes in a box or a bag containing an item that may or may not be appreciated.
  • Just thought I would share this with you..... I have just finished a hamper for my brother & sister in law with an italian theme. I've been buying whilst i've been doing my weekly shop over the last few weeks & haven't noticed much difference to my bill.

I have included:

Bottle of Italian Red Wine
    3 Tenors CD (cheap one from play.com) :rotfl:
    Pasta
    Pasta Sauce
    Anti pasta
    Bruscetta
    Olive Oil
    Ameratto Biscuits
    Chocolates

I got an empty paper box from work & wrapped it & put the items in with shiny shredded tinsel (type stuff LOL)

I am dead proud of it - thanks for the inspiration I'd never thought of doing anything like that until I joined x

Merry Christmas
    2010 - nothing as we emigrated to Australia!!! :j
  • suzukibabe
    suzukibabe Posts: 1,649 Forumite
    I have started shopping for christmas already :D
    I picked up 5 baskets at 99p each from wilkinsons plus some bath bombs/fizzies, face packs. went into poundland and got some body sprays and other bits from there.

I am determined to have christmas well and truly sorted by October at the latest this year :D
    If everyone cared and nobody cried, if everyone loved and nobody lied, if everyone shared and swallowed their pride then we'd see the day when nobody died.
    ROCK IT DON'T STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    BE GOOD OR BE GOOD AT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What's worth the prize is always worth the fight
  • broclo
    broclo Posts: 5,065 Forumite
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=770575 if you check out my reply (no2) on jimbobbys thread I got an amazing saving on ribbon. The organza stuff is 3/4 inch so good thickness. 33% off ends on 1st March though so be quick!
  • Curv
    Curv Posts: 2,572 Forumite
    Hi

Lakeland has these traditional wicker baskets at half price at the moment - I've just ordered a load for my Christmas 'goodies' hampers.
    Things I wouldn't say to your face

Not my real name
  • BigMummaF
    BigMummaF Posts: 4,281 Forumite
    Oooh...I'd use them for shopping meself:p

Really must get to Lakeland site if I can't manage a shop:o
    Full time Carer for Mum; harassed mother of three;
    loving & loved by two 4-legged babies.

• chalky_75
    chalky_75 Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    Went into Asda today and they were selling really gorgeous lunch tins. They are pink with stars and on the front is an adorable picture of a labrador and kitten. They were 75P so I grabbed 6 and am going to fill them with beauty products/girlie baby things/home made cards all surrounded with tissue for Xmas presents and new baby presents After they have used the filling the metal case will make a super treasure chest for letters or momentos
    Try and do a good deed every day.
  • BigMummaF
    BigMummaF Posts: 4,281 Forumite
    I've just had another look at the link in Curv's post, & those baskets are reduced in the sale :j
    Full time Carer for Mum; harassed mother of three;
    loving & loved by two 4-legged babies.

• denton6
    denton6 Posts: 566 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    looks like they have now sold out,but thanks anyway.
    wendy x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport