my non-mortgage mortgage free journey

Comments

• So looking to the positives you got a clean, tidy freezer and won't have to cook properly (just re-heat) for weeks!
    MFW: Nov 2008 £156k, Jun 2015 £129k, Jun 2017 £114k.
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    So looking to the positives you got a clean, tidy freezer and won't have to cook properly (just re-heat) for weeks!

And i have a nice new freezer to fill :j:rotfl:

In all seriousness i'm going to try eat most of this up first or else it could gte forgotten about, i will be going tomorrow and buy loads of bread so my freezers not running on empty, then my plan is to eat it all til the end of october only spending £10 a week on top ups, if i manage it at the end of the month i'll take me and ds out for lunch :beer:

Took ds swimming cost £3.20 plus 20p for the locker, he enjoyed it so glad we went just nipped home for lunch before collecting the older 2, he had an apple and 2 slices of toast and i had a pot noodle not that healthy but filling.....oh and i'ev eaten a whole gingercake from last night!!! they've got smaller right:o (seriously either mine was squished of they've got smaller)
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • quintwins
    £300 added to my savings. thats £100 of what i borrowed from it plus £200 so my savings total for the month is £1686.11, £436 more than i had hoped for :) savings total is £2595.80.

Monday is the start of a new month i'm hoping to save atleast £1100. Hopefully it will be alot more :)
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • quintwins
    Small spend of £14.40 on clothes for myself, 2 longseleved white tops for layering, a normal t-shiirt, a fleece and a pair of joggers, not bad for the money :), it's rare i buy myself clothes, i did buy myself a fleece last week aswell tho from halfcost so if nothing else i'll be lovely and warm.

I don't really keep track of my clothes spends all i know is i hardly ever spend over my £30 a month i have budgetted unless i'm buying uniform,come the new year i'm going to keep a proper track of it to see if i acually spend as much or more than i allow....i also ordered ds a fleece into next, i love next fleeces and so does he, it's not in til next week tho.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • quintwins
    edited 1 October 2012 at 1:59PM
    Morning all, been an expensive weekend (week for that matter) i got the circus dates wrong it was this weekend, so yesterday we spent £8 swimming, £40 on carvery lunch for us all, and £35 at the circus, our tickets were free however i couldn't resist getting the kids pictures taken on an elephant at £24 for the 3 of them, there thrilled tho and have talked about it all day, we spent £10 on sweets and drinks when we arrived since they gave us free tickets we felt we should support them, that was before we relised the kids could go on elephants, i had set money aside in oct for this trip out so no big deal that it was a few days early.

Hubbys away to get us chicken burgers and chips :) and the last of the meat is in the slowcooker.

Meal plan for the week

mon-pulled pork
    tue- spag bol
    wed-sheperds pie
    thur-sausage casarole
    fri-chicken in gravy, with all the trimmings
    sat- chicken nuggets and chips
    sun-beans on toast

all i need shoppingwise for the week is

chicken nuggets (iceland)
    chips (iceland)
    milk (iceland)
    bread (lidl)
    toilet roll (tesco)
    binbags (tesco)

i'm expecting to spend £10 max, then i'll have lo chicken nuggets and chips for a quick tea late in the month.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • ammonite
    ammonite Posts: 1,429 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have never been to a circus! Glad you had a good time! Meal plans sound good for this week Ms Quinny.
  • quintwins
    edited 2 October 2012 at 9:10AM
    ammonite wrote: »
    I have never been to a circus! Glad you had a good time! Meal plans sound good for this week Ms Quinny.

I had never been til i had kids, i always wanted to go as a child, i've been twice now first time we got 2 free tickets from the local paper and then paid for the kids to get in, and this time tickets were free :)

My meal plan is mostly from my freezer, i've overcooked my pork (i left it in the slowcooker all night) so will have to do it with a ton of gravy as it's very dry.

busy day today heres the plan

[STRIKE]

Get as much washing Washed and on the line as possible- already well on my
    way 3 loads washed and o

Give the livingroom/kitchen/diningroom a really good clean- made a start
    dishwashers onut and one load in
    [/STRIKE]

[STRIKE]clean utilty room shed [/STRIKE] done
    sort rubbish and go to skip
    get hubby to put coal in coal bunker
    clean out the car
    [STRIKE]put fleece linings on the bedside cutains
    make and freeze pasta sauce to use up veg[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]have a nsd :)[/STRIKE]

£233 added to the savings, so far this month £233/£1100

total stands at £2828.80
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • quintwins
    Yesterdays list went pretty well still need to go to the skip but i have all the rubbish sorted, hubby didn't put the coal away for me and sadly it started raining so all my washing soaking, i now have the drier on as theres no way i can dry 4 loads inside before they go musty.

Plan for today is the libary, however it's very very wet outside and the parking there isn't great so i might try put that off, altho i've told him we're going so i really should follow threw with it.

I need milk so altho today won't be a nsd i am hoping for a low spend day, milk will see us threw to friday as i have bread in the freezer and plenty of fruit.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • quintwins
    edited 2 October 2012 at 2:27PM
    I really shouldn't be allowed out of the house

90p on milk :)
    £3 on 2 school shirts (needed) 2 t-shirts reduced to £1 each (in the next size so kinda needed) and a pair of sunglasses at 50p (not needed but e's happy with)
    £1 on sweets in poundland that the child bought with his own money go good :)
    £4 on pez despensers and extra sweets to bulk out the kids birthday pressies (sort needed) 99p on a coffee mug (not needed and can't say it will pay for it's self because i rarely buy coffee out i just do without but i wanted one) £1.29 on an angry birds sandwichs box :o can't say anything really i'm a mummy and a big softy.
    89p on sticky xmas labels, i need those right? i do just not right now, i always run out of tags.

I parked in the only free carpark left in town and borrowed 2 books for the child.

A friend messaged me asking to go to the soft playarea tomorrow so i'll make use of the angrybird lunchbox :)

I've been given 20kg of spuds, and i have about 5kg here already that need used up, so far i'm thinking, homemade and frozen roasties, homamde and frozen chips, homemade and frozen mash, parboiled and frozen tatie slices to put on top of cottage pies or in tatie bakes, any other suggestions?

i'm not getting chicken nuggets for fri now i'll make roasties with veg gravy and chicken.

total spends so far £17.67
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    your diary is a real inspiration as you always seem so positive...we paid off our mortgage 6 years ago and have never looked back...good luck
    tess
    onwards and upwards
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family