my non-mortgage mortgage free journey

Comments

• quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 21 September 2012 at 9:50AM
    Morning all, we have mice in the roof :eek: they had mice here before so they expanding foamed all the gaps, so i'm away to get exanding foam so hubby can cut abit out and throw some poision in them seal it again.

Lending a friend £500 of my savings, she's good for it tho and will pay it back at £100 a month so my total will be going down.

Added £6.11 to my savings today thats a mixture of quidco and rounding my bank down.Just checked a different account thats due money on monday, there was quite a bit in it (it's my phone bill and ebay account) so i transfered all but £10 out of it so another £81.22 added.

I'm going to keep counting my savings as they are just the total will be minus £500.

My savings total stands at £2162.80

savings so far this month stand at £1253.11/£1250

Just popping a pork roast in the freezer them i'm away to b&q.

I need to fill my car this weekend, it's done a few big trips for the inlaws they have given us cash for desil tho.

OH OH OH look i reached my target with a week to go :j:j:j
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • Well done on reaching your target.

Shame friend isn't paying the loan back with interest ;)
    MFW: Nov 2008 £156k, Jun 2015 £129k, Jun 2017 £114k.
  • quintwins
    Well done on reaching your target.

Shame friend isn't paying the loan back with interest ;)

Well i didn't say that :) but she offered i didn't ask.

I got quite a few bargains clotheswise today, now my twins are only in 5-6/6-7 but i look around for cheaper bigger sizes, so i got a pair of age 10 jeans for £1.10 and a pair of age 7 shorts for £1.75 from sainburys now i know to some people that seem crazy but bigger sale clothes are hard to come by and jeans are dearer than that in charity shops, i also got my youngest a pair of shoes for £1.50 down from £6 in dunnes, going to order myself a few longsleved tops and a fleece from tesco at the start of next week as it's def time to start layering.

Oh yeah and i forgot to put the pork in the slowcooker so burgers and chips for tea-homemade ofcourse.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • ammonite
    ammonite Posts: 1,429 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Well done on reaching your target this month :D
  • quintwins
    ammonite wrote: »
    Well done on reaching your target this month :D

thanks hun :) hoping for another £500 or so :) £1750 a month is fab going considering our income is only £2k, yet i've spent loads this month i think we must had had a pay overlap, i only have £100 on my creditcard aswell which i'll pay at teh start of next month.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • ammonite
    ammonite Posts: 1,429 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Sometimes I have rich months and poor months like that. This one is a poor one...last month ended up being rich by the end of the month even though it started out like a poor one!

You've done really well :T That is a really significant saving considering your income is £2k per month.
  • quintwins
    ammonite wrote: »
    Sometimes I have rich months and poor months like that. This one is a poor one...last month ended up being rich by the end of the month even though it started out like a poor one!

You've done really well :T That is a really significant saving considering your income is £2k per month.

My months are generally the same except unlike everyone else we have more money on a 5 week month, but hubbys pays not regular so sometimes it doesn't arrive til the next week.

Ok so we think our dogs having pups :) we breed her a while back and she looks rpeg now, if so there due in 3 weeks, i must remeber i can't keep them.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • quintwins
    Hello everyone.

Filled our car up yesterday it cost £46, hubby told kids they could have mcd's so that was £20 and i nipped into next and got them a pair of sunglasses each and an agry birds t-shirt for £12 :)

Then this morning i have bought 8 fleece blankets and myself a fleece jumper for £15.15 it was 2 blankets for £3.99 there prob think but cheaper than ikea (and lets face it i'd never go to ikea and only buy blankets) and no fuel costs :) i will use 2 to line my bedroom curtains, 3 on the kids beds and 3 for the kids in the livingroom, i was going to buy a tesco basic fleece at £7 so a £3.99 ragatta fleece seems so much better :) and free del from halfcost. no mre spends today.

£4 to school in the morning then i'll need some milk and bread during the week, i'm going to try hold off until wed to save of fuel as i can do it on the way back from an appointment.

Washings been hung out to dry and now we're off for free sunday dinner at the inlaws.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • just catching up with your diary and popping by to say hi :wave::wave:

also thought about you earlier as I have the pork in the slow cooker for today...pulled pork and pasta in sauce for tea...mmmm!!!

hope your enjoying those fleecy blankets...its gone very cold here as well :(
    2019 Totals: Savings: £929.53 / Mortgage OP - £746.32

Grocery challange April: £130.17of £500 target remaining
  • quintwins
    edited 24 September 2012 at 11:31AM
    LauraWxx wrote: »
    just catching up with your diary and popping by to say hi :wave::wave:

also thought about you earlier as I have the pork in the slow cooker for today...pulled pork and pasta in sauce for tea...mmmm!!!

hope your enjoying those fleecy blankets...its gone very cold here as well :(

hi :wave:

how was your pork? i don't think i'd serve it with pasata unless it was a nice creamy one, i'm having pork roast on tue and pulled pork on wed :)

It has got cold, my wee poy belly stoves lit, with free pallet wood, a free newspaper, a handful of coal we had left from the start of the year and some free heat blocks the inlaws gave us, hubbys looking into paper brickette machines...something hydrolic (sp?) as he's a printer and the cheaper brick makers were no good.

Kids had a bath with the free water our heat made yesterday, the boiler in this house is fab. but the ehat on for half an hr and you have piping hot water for 2 days then luke warm for the rest of the week.

Meal plan for this week

mon-sheperds pie
    tue- pork roast, yorkshire puddings, mash and loads of veg and gravy
    wed- pulled pork with baby new taties peas and sweetcorn
    thur-sausage casarole (i keep putting this on the meal plan then not making it)
    fri- beef stew
    sat-pasta
    sun- toast, sausage, beans and egg
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts