Stay away from myhermes delivery company - total quack company

Comments

• neil9313
    neil9313 Posts: 696 Forumite
    kiz69 wrote: »
    y get something del 2 home if u r at work and y order a b4 1 or an after1 if your not goin 2be at home if ru at work get it del 2there not your home :mad::mad: and if u order an b4 or after be in if u will not get it or when u ask us 2lev it with a ngh tell them 2b in or u be in :eek::T

You been drinking?:rolleyes:
  • DaveAshton
    DaveAshton Posts: 7,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    kiz69 wrote: »
    y get something del 2 home if u r at work and y order a b4 1 or an after1 if your not goin 2be at home if ru at work get it del 2there not your home :mad::mad: and if u order an b4 or after be in if u will not get it or when u ask us 2lev it with a ngh tell them 2b in or u be in :eek::T
    i dont no wot u r talkin a bout...
    Back on MSE after a 5 year hiatus.

:heart2: Rhi :heart2:
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    df0gdar0fgar-09tger0giojer09gj0grj0gjergidfgkfgjdflgkzfd;lgkzfkfdjdfjdf[hjdfg[hjdf[hidfjh[tfj[gi

here,you dropped these
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 1 October 2009 at 7:11AM
    blackpatch wrote: »
    Goods dispatched from well known company (Lakeland) on 30th August,to be delivered in 5 days by Hermes. Goods never arrived and no card put through the door. On checking the tracked delivery number provided the goods were apparently delivered to our house (only my mother and I live there),on 7 Sept 2009 at ten past five pm and a signature obtained. Guess what my signature had been forged.(Yes My Name in Block Capitals) on the Electronic proof of Delivery. At this time I was on a bmi-baby flight from Birmingham to Belfast.

A week later Hermes were due to pick up a parcel from my address going to Tanita (UK). They never called to pick up the parcel on the collection day. I then rang up the following day and the driver apparently said he called and no-one was at home, so he left a card. Yeah Right.!!!! Funny I never received it.

UPDATE
    Parcel was eventually collected on 14th Sept. about 7pm after calling Hermes.
    The parcel was not delivered until the 24 Sept. (Ten Days) It was a 3-5 day signed service that I paid for.
    Rang them up looking for a refund - they offered 20% off next time I used their service.
    Said this wasn't good enough as Royal mail offer a full refund (Special Delivery Service). They then offered to refund me in full via Paypal.
    My advice is don't use this company, but if you must and they under perform ask for a full refund. If they refuse issue a dispute with paypal. Not forgetting if they lose or damage your parcel then ask for Compensation for that as well.

whats RM's service got to do with another company? if you want RM service then use RM or a company that does
  • Thank god I read some reviews - after I was tempted by the low price.

Used DHL instead - super service.

On a different note............

Why oh why do people use SMS (mis)spellings on a forum. Really really REALY irritates! :mad:

I just cannot be bothered to decypher it - so a well made point made by the poster may be lost.

SMS speak came about because you only have 160 characters per SMS message. No such restriction on forums (I know, I know, Twitter does - which is why I don't use it!). It is just plain lazy to use it on a forum.

Think the rules of every forum should be no abusive or foul language and no SMS spelling :naughty:!! Can we start a campaign!!!!

And yes I do send SMS messages - a lot - but I always use 'plain' english - appart from my bad spellings!

Rant over :D
    I say barkeep -put at little more ice in there will you - theres a good chap. :)
  • cyberbob
    cyberbob Posts: 9,480 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Just used them for the first time for 3 parcels. Great service, good prices. Will use them again. As with most companies there's both bad and good reviews
  • Can i just ask a quick q, do you have to wait in all day for them to pick up the parcel from you or do you get given a time frame?

I was put off by this as i had things to do this morning so my parcel would of been collected tomorrow, then 3-5 working days for delivery, could at worst put the parcel not arriving to the buyer until Monday 2nd Nov.
    Mummy to two girls: October 2013 and February 2016
  • mrcol1000
    mrcol1000 Posts: 4,790 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Can i just ask a quick q, do you have to wait in all day for them to pick up the parcel from you or do you get given a time frame?

I was put off by this as i had things to do this morning so my parcel would of been collected tomorrow, then 3-5 working days for delivery, could at worst put the parcel not arriving to the buyer until Monday 2nd Nov.

You can pay extra to specify a time to have it collected. They do AM/PM and also do "Avoid the school run" which is good for people in all day apart from taking and returning kids from/to school.
  • cyberbob
    cyberbob Posts: 9,480 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Can i just ask a quick q, do you have to wait in all day for them to pick up the parcel from you or do you get given a time frame?

They pick ours up in the morning. But they contract a local courier here to do that. £-5 days is the same timeframe as RM standard parcels
  • I have to agree. I've sent thousands of parcels by various couriers and i've used myhermes for the first time over the last few days sending several parcels of low value and needed a cheap alternative during the postal strike. I have to say so far its a total nightmare. Unhappy customers and the tracking info is hopeless. It either doesnt make sense as to where the parcel is or is slow to update. Avoid this service and use someone else even if it costs more.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure