Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Options
    You're right calley, it is everyone and not just men. FWIW, I think you're doing really well. You know this isn't anything personally against you and you're maintaining your dignity - this is much better than I ever manage!
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Great British Tuck Shop

I read that as Great British Bake Off at first and thought you'd been making French fancies!!

There's a recipe for them in one of my cook books and I was all for making some until I saw just what was involved. I decided that Mr Kipling's were perfectly acceptable :D
  • tea_lover
    Options
    Didn't they do French fancies in one of the bake off finals? I seem to remember they were comedy-difficult!
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I can't remember which year it was but I know they were all pretty bad.
    When you look at the things they're able to create it shows how ridiculously difficult they must be so it's safe to say I'm never going to attempt them.

It starts again in a couple of weeks so it looks like I'll be back to spending weekends trying out new recipes.
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    tea_lover wrote: »
    You're right calley, it is everyone and not just men. FWIW, I think you're doing really well. You know this isn't anything personally against you and you're maintaining your dignity - this is much better than I ever manage!

I can't be angry with him. He was always kind and considerate and thoughtful through out.

I just think that when his ex had a go at him it just brought up some stuff he had not worked through. Even he said to me in a text over the weekend that my affection for him was not in question. And that I first rate etc.

Still does not mean it does not hurt. Its not my choice and nothing I can do about it. Getting !!!!!! with him will not help. And not that I am clinging on to it. Maybe when he has had time to reflect who knows. But I will just get on with my life.

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • tea_lover
    edited 15 August 2016 at 1:30PM
    Options
    Ok,I need a massive kick up the backside (or just a massive kick really) so prepare to tell me off. I deserve it.

I’ve been seeing FOH for the past 5 months. It was (I thought) all going great, with a lot of big changes having happened on his part.

On the way back from a really good night out on Friday I found out he’d been lying to me the whole time again (I can tell no one is surprised by this part). I don’t have, nor do I want, the full details. I have enough to know I’ve been a prize idiot yet again. His version of events is that he went out with someone a couple of times at Christmas when we weren’t even speaking, she’s then been causing him trouble ever since/they’ve been friends(the story changes a lot, as ever) and he didn’t tell me about her as she was just a friend. Although judging from the few text messages between them that I did read on Friday, not the sort of friend I have when I’m supposed to be in a relationship. I’m getting the usual “I’m so sorry, nothing happened, it’s all her fault/your fault/Jeremy Corbyn’s fault/aliens fault....”. Apparently I wasn’t open about where Ithought we were heading, so instead of asking me about it he thought it best to lie and go behind my back again.

The ‘friends’ theory holds no water whatsoever, as I can’t think of a single friend-situation where you’d be discussing (via text), the age difference between you, and whether your girlfriend knew anything about what was happening. Yes, to be clear on this, she knew all about me the whole time and sent him some very gloating messages.

The‘we went out a couple of times and she wouldn’t leave me alone’ theory also holds no water as they were out at a party for one of her mates last weekend,and she’s also been out in the car he only bought two weeks ago. Not the best way of giving someone the message that you’re not interested.

Definitely dejà-vu when it was all coming out of course..... it went from ‘I have no idea why a woman just called me at 11.30pm on a Friday, I think it’s someone I did some work for months ago’, to ‘we went for a drink at Christmas, I haven’t seen her since’, to ‘she’s a nutter, she won’t leave me alone’, to ‘I only went to the party with her last week because you didn’t reply to me all day’.... and so on. I didn’t read anything like all the texts there were, but I read enough.

I haven’t the faintest idea why he went to so much trouble to get me back and to convince me that he had changed, only to do this again. He genuinely has put a lot of effort into the last five/six months, including going to church (a different one, but I know people there and he really does go) every week, planning loads of things for usto do, having counselling. Bit of a waste of his own time as much as anyone else’s!

So there we go, please throw things at me in disgust. Believe me, you can’t be more annoyed/disappointed in me than I am right now.
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    Massive hugs and choccy biscuits, Tea. Of course I am not angry or disappointed in you. I am just so sorry that he let you down again. You know some people can love someone but still be unable to remain faithful. It can be down to their own self-esteem, their fear of true commitment or even that a long term relationship in the background feels safe, there are many reasons. FOH may care for you but something is stopping him fully committing to you and it is your decision whether you can live with that.

You haven't done anything wrong, I'd never criticise anyone for following their heart. You wanted it to work so you went for it, it is totally understandable. I am just so, so sorry he let you down once again, he doesn't understand what a lovely person he is messing around.

Be gentle to yourself this week, and DON'T blame yourself. You tried to make it work, you aren't the one at fault here.
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • calleyw
    Options
    Oh (((((Tea))))) don't beat yourself up. We always want to believe the best in people. And that they have changed.

I did think something was going on as you had not mentioned anything about what was going on with him for a while. But thought it was due to the stress of the whole thing.

Some times you can love someone with all your heart and it just is not enough.

Now I understand some of the comments from the last few days from you and that puts it all in context.

It really is not you and I agree with WaS he just is to scared to commit to you. It hurts I know. And its a pain that we really don't want to have to endure.

You are a nice caring lovely person. And I know the way you feel at the moment you wont/cant/dont want to believe it. But you are.

Oh Tea you have been hiding this for last 5 months and I am sure that has been a massive strain as well.

Come on in to fort sod the washing machine and I will get some cookie dough icecream.

(((((Tea)))))

Yours

Calley X

• tea_lover
    Options
    calleyw wrote: »
    Oh Tea you have been hiding this for last 5 months and I am sure that has been a massive strain as well.

It's almost funny (!!), part of his excuse this time is that because I wouldn't tell anyone what was going on, he didn't know what was happening, was insecure, etc. so stupidly kept in contact with her. My response to that was that of course I didn't tell anyone what was happening as I knew it would end like this and I didn't want to deal with the fall-out with my family again. Talk about a self-fulfilling prophecy.

So honestly, I can kind of see where he's coming from there! I wouldn't want to be a secret for that long either, and even when things have been going really well I kept saying that I couldn't live with him again (I don't think I could live with anyone). So yeah, I see his point of view! But the fact we were in that situation in the first place just shows what a terrible idea it all was. I'm nearly 40, I shouldn't be lying to my parents about a boyfriend.... especially not after 11 years together!
  • calleyw
    Options
    tea_lover wrote: »
    It's almost funny (!!), part of his excuse this time is that because I wouldn't tell anyone what was going on, he didn't know what was happening, was insecure, etc. so stupidly kept in contact with her. My response to that was that of course I didn't tell anyone what was happening as I knew it would end like this and I didn't want to deal with the fall-out with my family again. Talk about a self-fulfilling prophecy.

So honestly, I can kind of see where he's coming from there! I wouldn't want to be a secret for that long either, and even when things have been going really well I kept saying that I couldn't live with him again (I don't think I could live with anyone). So yeah, I see his point of view! But the fact we were in that situation in the first place just shows what a terrible idea it all was. I'm nearly 40, I shouldn't be lying to my parents about a boyfriend.... especially not after 11 years together!

Tea,

None of my family knew about Lego Man. Not because I did not want anyone to know. But just wanted to see how it was going before I did.

Please be kind to yourself. You followed your heart rather than your head.

((((Tea))))

Yours

Calley X

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport