PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one

Comments

• PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    poppystar wrote: »
    .... Tea towel and looking at a floor covered in bits of nice white china:(
    :(

• elona
    elona Posts: 11,806
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    If it helps any - I have just dropped a bag full of rubbish on the kitchen floor as it split. :eek:

Giving myself a few minutes before I tackle the mess and then reload the dishwasher!

Looks as if dds will be here this coming weekend as well which will be lovely but quite looking forward to the idea of pleasing myself for the next few days. The amount of dirty dishes and pots a few meals for six or seven of us can generate is scary. It is lovely to have them around and great to have the spare rooms so they can stay whenever they want.

Having a quiet evening before tackling my bedroom tomorrow as stuff is piled all over the place while work was being done upstairs.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,059
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    elona wrote: »
    If it helps any - I have just dropped a bag full of rubbish on the kitchen floor as it split. :eek:

Giving myself a few minutes before I tackle the mess and then reload the dishwasher!

Looks as if dds will be here this coming weekend as well which will be lovely but quite looking forward to the idea of pleasing myself for the next few days. The amount of dirty dishes and pots a few meals for six or seven of us can generate is scary. It is lovely to have them around and great to have the spare rooms so they can stay whenever they want.

Having a quiet evening before tackling my bedroom tomorrow as stuff is piled all over the place while work was being done upstairs.
    While it is lovely to have company I think you do quite quickly get used to "mess for one" as well as CFO. I was delighted that my son cooked dinner last night but he is a messy cook and foolishly I said I'd clear up this morning. My sister did rinse & stack everything last night but it was still daunting LOL :cool:
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    One New Year I wore some boots .... when I came home I popped them by the side table in the living room.

The following New Year I wanted to wear the same outfit - and there were the boots, right where I'd left them :)
  • Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    poppystar wrote: »
    Having a bad health day today - think drunken zombie (sadly without touching alcohol :( )
    I'm sorry to hear this. I hope that you feel better tomorrow and that you have a better day than you have today.
  • Hollyharvey
    Forumite
    When I make a decision, I don't hang about. I've found them, phoned, ordered, got in the car and driven there (2.8 miles or so), gone in, collected, driven back, served up and eaten it already :)

There's still more than half left .... I'll have that tomorrow.

Tried their egg fried rice this time, not impressed, I could make that....

Total cost £7.30 for the main course + rice. And they give you a gazillion free prawn crackers! That's something I'd never order.... but I do like them.

The chicken bit wasn't as nice as last time - it's as if the dish were pulled from the pan JUST as the chicken was cooked, so it's entirely white, but had a slightly "not quite there" texture. Still scoffed it though.

Gosh, you didn't hang about :) Shame it wasn't as nice as last time though, but at least there is some left. So now you don't have to think about what you are going to have tomorrow :)
  • I grinned in recognition PN - re the "not hanging about" once a decision has been made.

That's how I operate. I can/will do a lot of research on something first - if it's a major issue that is. But - tiny or huge - the second I've made up my mind for sure = expect instant action.

Does tend to lead to waiters/waitresses in restaurants etc having to be "waved at" to attract attention - as I've looked straight down the menu (these days with just one thought in mind of "What havent I tried yet - that's within my food parameters?") and identified my choice I want in about 2 minutes flat:rotfl:

I'm working out how to do the equivalent for clothes, furniture, etc.
  • Hollyharvey
    Forumite
    I decided have a large breakfast this morning to sustain me as I am starting to paint the internal doors today. I'm hoping to slowly get them all done over the next few weeks.

So to keep me going I made some porridge and stirred in some cream that I had in the fridge, then had two slices of toast as well.

I started about 9.00am and two hours later have just got one door done both sides, so I am pleased with that, and it looks ok. I stopped for a cup of tea and had a couple of chocolate biscuits with that and now I'm just having a banana. This decorating is hungry work :)

Lunch will be a cheese and pickle sandwich with salad. Dinner is a lamb rump steak with some mash potatoes and veg. I thought I had got two sausages wrapped up out of the freezer this morning because that was what I fancied for dinner, but it has turned out to be the lamb, so lamb for dinner it is :)
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,059
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Good afternoon everyone,
    Another grey and miserable day here, however as I'm still not up for doing anything too much another "duvet-type" day won't go amiss. :) Toast with cheese spread and baby toms for breakfast and I'm just making broccoli soup for lunch which I'll have with a poached duck egg in it. I didn't have the salad last night but did make the dip using smoked stilton which of course made more than one portion so it will be something with salad and dip tonight not sure what the "something" will be yet.:)

Good luck with the painting Holly - one of these jobs that seems to take forever but great when it's done.:)
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,116
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    caronc wrote: »
    Farway - meant to say your Borage is beautiful:D, did you grow it from seed? ..
    Yes, from seed, really easy, I did grow them years ago and they self seeded everywhere but eventually died away, so thought I would give them another go 'cos they are lovely blue and bee friendly to boot

PN as is so often the case with bought food we have scoffed before, somehow it never lives up to the memory

Nothing much doing today, not a duvet day but def "do not a lot day", bit windy and uninspiring outside so just fiddling around on computer things I have been meaning to do for a bit, like edit a video, alter a web page, edit photos sort of stuff, takes time and today is the ideal day for it. Maybe if I were a superstar I would write a world beating best seller but I will leave that for another time :D

Breakfast was toast & ginger marmalade, this one is Asda's own, and quite nice which surprised me. Plus a biggy own grown fresh picked strawberry, which was OK but fell into the "it never lives up to the memory" mentioned above

Lunch was tuna & mayo sarnie, I noted someone here eating them the other day, which triggered my desire for one.

It made change from cheese especially because tonight's dinner is the other M & S massive pizza, Spinach & Ricotta, maybe with a bit of salad. That just leaves the apple pie left from the £10 deal, no prizes for guessing what tomorrow's food will be
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure