PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Thursday 16 March 2017

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Good morning chums and a belated Happy Birthday to Tru.
    Gorgeous morning this morning and the sun is up and its looking like it may be here for the day :):):) My gardener comes this morning so I will have a neat and tidy lawn ,bless him he is such a nice chap and keeps the garden so neat and tidy.
    This afternoon I have a group coordinators meeting for U3A as I help to run two of the interest groups,so its tea and biscuits and a chat about how the branch is doing .We have over 300 members and 41 different interest groups going at the moment which is really good as we are a relatively young branch and only 4 years old.So a busy day ahead.I enjoyed the salmon from the freezer last night and also used up some of the frozen spinach as well as some cauliflower. Think tonight I may dig out some sausages from the freezer and have with mash and beans, probably use one of the onion sauces from my stash as well .
    I am really getting on with not buying anything else in and using up stuff I already have in stock. I have a few really busy days coming up so its doubly useful that I don't need to go anywhere near the shops also :)
    Right time to get a wriggle on as DGS Mikey wants some HM biscuits for when he comes home from school this afternoon so I am going to make some cinnamon flavoured melting moments as they are so quick and easy to knock up, my gardener will probably like a few with his cuppa as well :)
    Have a great day chums what ever you are doing

Cheers JackieO xx
  • System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Morning all,

sorry I missed your birthday too. Good job I didn't miss my daughters though as it was yesterday too.

Been up an hour already. Hounds been fed, watered and De pooped. Hubby is still in the land of nod.

Not sure what today will bring but tonight I'm sure of.

Onwards and forwards

Have a great day all
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Dumpling So so sorry your DD is suffering so much. I hope getting help will see an improvement. My heart bleeds for you it really does..so awful to watch your child suffer and feel helpless and unable to 'mend' them. Take good care of yourself too xx

Tru belated birthday wishes :)

Not much to say for myself this morning but I hope everyone has a good day. Take care all :)
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • Good morning chums,

Surprisingly dry here in Glasgow this morning. Doesn't look like it'll last though.

Thank you all for your kind wishes yesterday. I put my bid in yesterday afternoon and I received a message from the seller asking when I would be looking to move in. I take that as a good sign. As I'm living with the parents and don't have a house to sell, I'm flexible and told her I'm happy to work to her timeline. I'll keep you all updated.

Yesterday evening, as I do every Wednesday, I had football. The £3.50 it costs was going to ruin my NSD but I forgot my wallet so I didn't pay (double next week). So another NSD - woohoo!

No plans this evening. Chill with a side of chill.

Dumpling - You and me both on the sugar issue. It gets laughed at, but I genuinely believe I'm addicted. I'm trying by best to cut down. Really is bad for you.
    Tru - A belated happy birthday!!!
    AoD - Hope you feel better soon.
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,581 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Dumpling, I hope DD gets the help she needs and deserves. I don't blame you for reaching for the sweets, especially chocolate which has been proven to have a mood lifting affect (that's my excuse anyway). Sorry, I didn't mean to be flippant, I really do feel for you, having had a taste of what you're going through when DS was suffering from work related stress a few years ago.

Tru, I was annoyed I'd missed that it was your birthday but it seems I'm not the only one so you must have kept it quiet - happy birthday for yesterday. It's mine tomorrow and I'm feeling decidedly meh about it. DH has taken the day off and keeps asking what I want to do - I have no idea and would rather it was a normal day.

I had quite a productive day yesterday so I'm going to try and keep the momentum going, which means I need to sign off and get going.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,630 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Belated Happy Birthday wishes to TRU :bdaycake:
  • Morning (((((((((( hugs )))))))))) if you need one. Dumpling, I do so hope your daughter gets the help she needs.

Horrendous night, woke at one to go to the toilet, it was 5 am last time I looked at the clock, nothing spoiling, so I am having a long lie.

Nice visit with friends yesterday, they are off on their travels again this weekend. When they get back it's the Easter bible club for the children. The big marquee is up at the back of the chapel.

No real plans for today, might do a bit more sewing, will see.

Cooking frittata for supper tonight.
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,007 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 16 March 2017 at 5:42PM
    Tru - firstly :bdaycake::bdaycake: for yesterday. It's good to read that you had a good day.

Secondly - I was watching Crufts the other night and saw harnesses and leads with messages for other pedestrians. I'm not sure if this link takes you to the ones I saw as these are leads. Under the info for the leads are links to harnesses. The website for the ones I saw Yellow Dog is being very slow to load for me so perhaps you can try it though there seems to be a load of others out there. IN EDIT - yellow dog is not the site I saw on Crufts!

Weather has turned very nasty indeed :( and I'm about to go out. My mother always told me that I was sweet enough to melt in the rain! :rotfl:
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,396 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Afternoon all.
    Tru belated birthday wishes
    Went to Al*i this morning for fruit and milk mainly, and still spent £30! But in my defence I did buy some tinned goods/ jars ready for our holiday.
    Not doing much else today until this evening when I shall go with DD to watch DGS in his school Eisteddfod. Apparently he's in the country dancing team! I hope it doesn't go on for hours as I'm having trouble with my stomach again, everything I eat makes me feel sick, so I'm back on the tablets and they have unfortunate side effects.( wind :o )
    Hugs to all that need them and enjoy the rest of Thursday.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Good afternoon everyone :wave:

Happy belated birthday Tru, hope you had a lovely day xx

Well, my day has been very good. The nurse was pleased at my weightloss (3 stone) since the last time I had seen her. She managed to get blood out of me and even found pulses in my feet...eventually :o. I have to go back on the 5th April when I will have my annual MOT for being mentally interesting :). My B.P. was a bit high but hopefully it will be better the next time I go. All in all I left there without feeling awful so that was great.

My friend rang me while I was in the clinic to ask if I wanted a Maccy D's for lunch :o:o:o. Of course I said No hahaha not really, she brought me a burger and fries which was really nice. She stayed for a few hours as well which was lovely as I have missed her company.

Just waiting for our gorgeous grand children to appear clutching their bags for the weekend. My eldest DD is also very excited to be going to London for her special birthday. I really hope she and her husband have a fantastic break as they have had difficult times over the past few months.

DD14 managed school today and I am so proud of her for doing so. She didn't actually have too bad a day and is now relaxing with her sisters. I am sure she will be alright in the end and really our family is probably the best place for her as we are so open about mental illness and how we can help each other. I just would like her to have a calm few days now.

Hope everyone's day went well, take care xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport