Sat/Sun 8/9 December - What small DFW things will you do today?

Options

Comments

• MinnieMousesMummy
    MinnieMousesMummy Posts: 1,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 8 December 2012 at 6:05PM
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone,

It’s a long time since I posted on here but thought I would make a return.
    Ally – Thanks for starting us off today. Your kitchen looks great.

So far today I have spent most of my time working on trying to get some party bookings for my party planning business, which I have just started. Apart from this I have done some washing and spend some time with dd.

Plans for tonight:

Dinner from stores – chicken nuggets and chips dinner is in the oven
    Try and come up with ideas to get party bookings work in progress
    Apply to Grass Roots done
    Look into quidco app
    Look into free printing paper (Thanks Ally for this info) can't find this can anyone tell me where to find it please
    Do some more washing and hang it up to dry work in progress
    Make a start on budgets for 2013
  • wuvvies
    wuvvies Posts: 324 Forumite
    Options
    i cant find the free paper either!
    today i have:
    been shopping
    meal from stores
    got cash out to use "cash purse" system so that i only use what i have
    made homemade pom poms with my little boy to make snowmen
    washing all done
    ironing mostly done
    taken out roast from freezer for tomorrow
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    rising_from_the_ashes Posts: 12,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 9 December 2012 at 4:39PM
    Options
    So .... appears that Friday's hospital trip took quite a lot out of me as I ended up sleeping most of yesterday :o

Still feeling pretty shattered today - but will try to get a few bits done:
    • Have bath, thermals on ..... heating off
    • B / L / D from stores
    • Don’t smoke
    • Check online banking, shuffle as needed & update spreadsheets Done
    • Sort cats & tidy up Sat done / Sun done
    • Check e*bay listings & cat food swap / sale siteSeem to have added lots of things to my watch list :eek:
    • Knit DMs Christmas scarf .... running out of time!
    • Apply for Virus Software Renewal through online banking Got new activation code & also downloaded 2013 edition of the software - all working fine :T
    • Do some more shredding Did a little - loads still to do!
    • Check tyre pressures & top up screen wash - making stronger as this was frozen the other morning! OMG you have no idea how low the tyre pressures were! Just shows what sitting for 8 / 9 weeks can do!
    • Cover outside tap so it doesn't freeze Done
    • Sort [STRIKE]junk [/STRIKE]stuff that seems to have accumulated on garage floor since I cleared it out (again!:mad:) so I can put car in if it gets awful Done
    • Finalise 2013 budgets - trying to work out how much to add to this years' figures for inflation etc .... any ideas?
    Added for today:
    • Wash & hang up Done
    • Go to local Mr T (well - depending on how you look at it as it's 8 miles each way :eek:) to pick up new iron Grrrrr went ..... it's not beeping there:mad: (have the email saying I can collect it) - 16 miles fuel wasted :mad: They can't find it & it's now OOS ..... have cancelled & got a refund & re-ordered from Ama*zon :(
    • Iron I wish!

Back at the hospital all day again tomorrow so may not be around .....
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • WelshWoofer
    WelshWoofer Posts: 5,076 Forumite
    Options
    Rising - hope you feel better today?

Its cold, wet and windy here today - bit of a yukky day.
    Not got a lot planned, am trying to make myself go swimming but I have an itchy rash that's really annoying me.:(

So little things....
    • Walk dog locally for free exercise
    • Bath dog (he's grey rather than white)
    • Wash wooden floors when dog walking is all done
    • All food from stores - have a yummy looking wholewheat vegan mexican pasty from the vegan store for tea
    • Do some school work - just a couple of hours today
    • Renew library books online to avoid fines
    • Give the bathrooms a good clean
    • Write the dreaded Xmas cards
    • Go swimming if I stop itching
    • Stick to healthy eating
    That's about it for today
  • vics199
    vics199 Posts: 135 Forumite
    Options
    I always read this thread to see if there are any ideas I could make use of but today I am actually going to post!
    • Earnt £95 pre tax by doing 5 hours overtime at work yesterday
    • Mystery shop yesterday earnt me £5 plus a free panini and hot chocolate
    • Went for a bit of luxury last night and ordered an Indian Takeaway for myself. However it took 1 hr 45 mins to arrive and then I had to reheat it in the microwave so I have been given 50% off my next order which will mean a cheap takeaway in the poor month of January. I will go and collect it next time so I don't have to wait!
    • Today is going to be a NSD cleaning, putting up decorations etc
    • Research local plumbers to get the best quote to put in a new bath (current one has a big hole in it and the person who damaged it is paying for a new one)
    • Make a batch of spiced parsnip soup for this weeks lunches using parsnips from the garden
    • Blanche and freeze the remaining parsnips to eat over winter
    • Batch cook some chilli for dinner tonight and freeze/refridgerate remaining portions
    • Heating off for as long as possible
    • Free listing weekend on ebay I believe so relist all unsold items on the off chance someone wants to bid this close to Christmas
    • Swagbucks
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning all :)Ally thanks for starting us off, great news you managed to find OHs pressie somewhere else & the kitchen looks fab!:T The units look really new & clean - were the flats refurbished before you moved in?

The units were newly installed by the housing association but they had left big holes in the walls, hence us decorating. We spend just £35 decorating the kitchen.:D
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • allydowd
    Options
    katy_ann wrote: »
    Yes! :( The local dress shops say they wont take it as its too "bling" it has sequins on the front and ive been listing it on gumtree about 4 times a week for over a year now :(

http://www.preloved.co.uk ?
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • allydowd
    Options

Look into free printing paper (Thanks Ally for this info) can't find this can anyone tell me where to find it please

They've now run out. :( That was quick! Will remove my link.
  • allydowd
    edited 9 December 2012 at 12:05PM
    Options
    vics199 wrote: »
    • Research local plumbers to get the best quote to put in a new bath (current one has a big hole in it and the person who damaged it is paying for a new one)

Consider lagging the bath while you're having it replaced. You may be surprised but using loft insulation/newspapers/bubble wrap around your bath will keep the water hotter for longer and therefore save top ups and hot water, which saves energy and money. All you need to do is tape it on the underside of the bath. (Link.)
  • MinnieMousesMummy
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone, I almost forgot to post today so I really need to try and get back into the habit, as posting will help.

Plans for today:

Take kids to see their granny – will get free dinner there

Do some course work as I have a couple of assessments to complete next week

Put the heating off whilst we are out

LSD as will need to get fuel

Do some of the washing – will put a load on just before I go out

Put a promotion on Facebook in the hope of getting some bookings for my party plan business

Put new promotional poster on my car before going to MIL in the hope of generating some interest for my business whilst driving

I think that is everything that I need to do today so I best make a start as fancy getting an early night, as got a busy week next week.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure