Student loans- old style- 4 loans from 1995-1998

Hi,

I was at university starting in 1995 and graduating in 1999. I will be 50 next year and am unclear as to whether all 4 loans will be written off from Erudio's books or just the first 3- ie do all post 1998 loans have the same terms or is it dependent on when the course started?? So do all 4 get treated the same??

I've been deferring since 1999, even with a post grad M.Sc. I could find no job and had to go back to my trade as a conservation stonemason with Historic Scotland and latterly have worked as a distillery operator (in a fully manually operated distillery) until made redundant last year with another colleague- I almost hit the repayment threshold there but it says a lot about the rural Scottish economy that you can have highly skilled couple of professions and still not earn 85% of the national average....:rotfl:
I'm now working for the council on their "national living wage" of £8.45 an hour but it's a mile from my house and I like the job/hours and conditions so will be there long term....either way Erudio won't get a penny whether the final loan is written off next year or in 2024/25 (25 yrs??)
It would be good to get closure on it though.....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure