I want to stop drowning

Options

Comments

• debtaghh
    debtaghh Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So I did end up going out to a special event that was free in our area but still managed to spend £10. I did bring lunch with us.

I sold another item for £20 on gum tree and have done a couple of surveys and have done enough stepss to get my bounts points.

Feeling a bit anxious with no sales for my business today. I'm also worrying about how much we will need for 10 nights away with no self catering options for most of the nights. How much would people recommend for a family of 5 to cover lunch and dinner and the odd ice cream?
  • debtaghh
    Options
    I think I worked out how much I will take with us away , I hope we don't need it as I feel like it is too much. I've had a few more sales which is good. I was thinking today what do I hate avoid having debt ( apart from the obvious) and I think it's the fact that we can't buy our own property due to it but realistically that's not going to happen for years so I need to focus to try and pay as much as I can by being careful etc without it taking over. I find that I let the debt control my life and get down about it. I did another survey today and got my step points. Feel like money seems to always go :(
  • Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Aww,debtaghh you are doing really well.It would be easy to go on hols and "hang the expense",but here you are,planning how you can minimise spends on,eg days out,your 10 days away,etc.You will get there,with ups and downs,but you will get there.
    May not have too much internet over the next few days,so not sure I will be able to post much,but I will catch up when I can.
    Stay positive x
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• debtaghh
    edited 5 August 2016 at 7:24AM
    Options
    Aww,debtaghh you are doing really well.It would be easy to go on hols and "hang the expense",but here you are,planning how you can minimise spends on,eg days out,your 10 days away,etc.You will get there,with ups and downs,but you will get there.
    May not have too much internet over the next few days,so not sure I will be able to post much,but I will catch up when I can.
    Stay positive x

Thank you so much for replying , I appreciate it. I just think being the school holidays and with this holiday planned it's hard not knowing how much I will be spending. I don't want to spend hundreds but likewise don't want to be eating loads of rubbish either.

I'm quite impressed with one survey site I joined as they have been sending me some and I am already half way there at getting a voucher.

Today I have the dentist ( deliberately booked for today to get it free before my maternity card runs out!), I also have the doctors and cbt. I need to dedicate some time for pampering as well as clean the floors and write thank you cards. My refund for my savings hasn't still come into my account so need to check that too.
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Morning all,

Well yesterday ended up being another spend day :( I did have to pay for the dentist as my baby was born early so they don't go by the maternity card. Ontop of that I treated the kids to lunch which came just under £20. We did get my husband's lump sum from his savings at work scheme. I paid my dad £600 and the rest went straight in the savings account and is allocated for other things. Off to see a friend today so nsd and tomorrow we are having a day trip but am hoping it will be a nsd or at the most £10. Looks like I will have to buy a new Hoover as mine is still playing up, there always seems to be something. I decided instead of buying my daughter a new blazer, I will sew it as it does still fit her.

Have a good day everyone.
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Nsd achieved yesterday and made some sales so have started my savings fund but will also clear a bit off my cc as I still want to clear £7k by Christmas! Out on a day trip today, we have passes for the entrance , lunch packed and flask ready so potentially another nsd but have £10 with me just in case. Hoping the weather will improve as it has started to rain.
  • debtaghh
    Options
    I managed to only spend £2 yesterday which I'm happy with. We used to always eat out after a day out due to coming home late so am really pleased that two weeks in a row we haven't. Money I was expecting is coming into my account tomorrow, which is good. I currently have savings of a few thousand but is all allocated which is frustrating me a bit. Think I'm still going to make small payments on my credit cards and want to have a signature showing my balances etc.

Off to my son's friends house today and we will make some cakes to bring with us instead of spending money on buying biscuits etc but do need toilet paper.

I think my problem is that I'm impatient and want those debts cleared now ( not saying all debt cleared now as lovely as that would be) but the two that I'm wanting to clear by Christmas.

I need to meal plan as we are going away mid next week so don't want to buy a lot of fresh food.
  • tori.k
    tori.k Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    Options
    Have a look at some of the debt free challenges, I've found mini targets help keep me plodding along, this year seems to be racing along but the 28 days between paydays feels like an eternity at times,so im also using this time to get my house in order as well as my finances, not big jobs just proper decluttering and small odd jobs that don't cost anything that keeps me busy and occupied.
  • debtaghh
    edited 8 August 2016 at 11:02AM
    Options
    tori.k wrote: »
    Have a look at some of the debt free challenges, I've found mini targets help keep me plodding along, this year seems to be racing along but the 28 days between paydays feels like an eternity at times,so im also using this time to get my house in order as well as my finances, not big jobs just proper decluttering and small odd jobs that don't cost anything that keeps me busy and occupied.

Thanks, I will have a look.

I hung my washing out instead of using the tumble dryer and cakes are made instead of buying them. Just sorting my signature out and will make some payments.
  • debtaghh
    Options
    I have done my signature and decided instead of using the savings for xmas presents I want to save £10 a day until the end of Sptember as I usually start shopping early. May need to open another savings account!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback