Amazon Prime (No saturday delivery for existing customers)

Options
I've just been onto Amazon to place an order and noticed my account was only allowing delivery for Monday on all Prime items.

When I logged out however all the same Prime items now showed delivery by tomorrow (Saturday). I then added an item to my basket and logged in again and it went back to Monday.

Having asked around the office 3 of us have been downgraded to Monday delivery but 1 person is still getting Saturday delivery.

Is this happening for anyone else and if so !!!!!! Amazon??

Comments

• carly
    carly Posts: 1,414 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    How strange. Luckily, my Amazon prime is still working as it should...I can even still get same day delivery. Perhaps your problem is postcode specific or due to a problem at the depot / or location of courier which suplies you
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,270 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Odd - still getting Saturday and Sunday deliveries, as normal.
  • BB34
    BB34 Posts: 316 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi! I believe (Although I could be wrong) that it is dependent on your delivery address? I have quite often had something show as available for Saturday delivery, but if I try to get it delivered to a different address then it show as Monday delivery. May be worth trying a different delivery address if poss?
  • Trem
    Trem Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 15 September 2017 at 4:26PM
    Options
    Hi all, I have had this problem and have cracked it (I think).

You need to delete all of your addresses then re-add your primary address at checkout, obviously after doing this double check the Saturday and Sunday boxes are ticked for delivery. It is a "glitch" and one that reared it's head for me after renewal.

You should now be all sorted, it's Friday so go and have a try :) don't buy anything but see if stuff is available to get delivered tomorrow or Sunday.
  • DAM
    DAM Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    I noticed this today too but solved it. I went into my main address, the one that was now only offering Monday delivery, and checked the Sat/Sun settings. They were both ticked already so I just clicked "save" to confirm. When I went to checkout again, I had to verify my card number as it thought I was using a new address. As soon as I did that, it offered Saturday delivery again.
  • GustyGardenGalaxy
    Options
    I hope it's okay for me to bump this thread.

I subscribe to Amazon Prime. I have a similar problem to other posters in this thread - as of the past couple of weeks I've not been able to get any weekend deliveries - it used to be that if ordered on a Friday or a Saturday I would get the item the next day. Now though if I order on a Friday I'm not offered delivery of the item until Monday.

Also, today many items are only stating a delivery day of next Tuesday! If I logout and check the same items the delivery dates are still usually next day.

I've checked my Account settings and I have Saturday and Sunday deliveries checked (I even unchecked them, saved, re-checked them, saved again but still no difference).

I've spoken to Amazon via the online chat but other than them telling me it's a system problem and that it would be fixed they didn't seem to have much idea about what was going on. That was two weeks ago when I first started having this problem.

This is obviously at least partly a location issue, but WHY has it started to be an issue? What has changed with Amazon?

I'm seriously considering cancelling my Prime sub because of this, my local Argos often has what I want and with them I can even get same day delivery for a similar price. I'm just curious what's up with Amazon lately.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My daughter, prime customer, and myself, non prime, ordered the same item Thursday evening. Mine arrived Sunday morning and hers is tracking as a delivery today as stated at order :rotfl:
  • GustyGardenGalaxy
    Options
    I see that deliveries are now stated as two days hence, presumably because of the recent Black Friday and Cyber Monday?
  • Denise_f
    Options
    I wonder if you ever got this sorted as I am in the same situation.

No weekend deliveries for 2 weeks so far. Only option on a Friday is for Monday deliveries.

I’ve been on 3 chats 20 people and one phonecall. Deleted and added addresses, selected weekends and it’s the same /

Delete the address and goes back to weekend but upon ordering and process order it goes back to Monday delivery.

I have set up a new account different address and it will order one day delivery but as soon as my address is put in, it goes back to Monday . This is the same for friends. They can order to their own address but not to mine on the next day weekend.

Amazon finally said wait a few days lol.

Any advice would be gratefully received as I’ve been a customer since 2004 and never had any problem 😝
  • unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It sounds like an area thing. Maybe the people that do the deliveries in your area don't work weekends.

I'm lucky, I can get deliveries Saturday & Sunday and I'm in rural Cheshire.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure