IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN by Premier Parking Logistics

Options

Comments

• A.deeley
    Options
    Uhhh. Where did all the advice replies go?

To anyone who does a search on PCN's and this thread comes up please read the below.

The advice given on the MSE HOME page is out of date 7 September 2017 inaccurate and misleading on the subject of challenging Parking Charge Notices (PNC). Check date main site advice updated before following the MAiN page advice.

The FORUM advice IS correct and Up to date with the advice given very good and helpful. You should follow this advice.

It's not completely clear when visiting but the MSE main home page and Forums are separate and are run by different people/ organisations.

This is not to challenge any other info on the MSE main page but avoid confusion.

Andrew
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    A.deeley wrote: »
    Uhhh. Where did all the advice replies go?

To anyone who does a search on PCN's and this thread comes up please read the below.

The advice given on the MSE HOME page is out of date 7 September 2017 inaccurate and misleading on the subject of challenging Parking Charge Notices (PNC). Check date main site advice updated before following the MAiN page advice.

The FORUM advice IS correct and Up to date with the advice given very good and helpful. You should follow this advice.

It's not completely clear when visiting but the MSE main home page and Forums are separate and are run by different people/ organisations.

This is not to challenge any other info on the MSE main page but avoid confusion.

Andrew

selected reading and answering ?

please answer the question

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=73088555&postcount=18
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • A.deeley
    Options
    Yes agree my mistake but the other posts were relevant. I've read worse threads that have not been edited.

The most important information was that the MSE MAIN page info on PCNs is out of date.

Why not just remove the whole post then?
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yes agree my mistake but the other posts were relevant. I've read worse threads that have not been edited.

The most important information was that the MSE MAIN page info on PCNs is out of date.

Why not just remove the whole post then?

where you ONLY offered an appeal @ £15 or NOT
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • A.deeley
    Options
    Hi
    Having returned to the IAS web site and re read their terms. They offer TWO appeals. The Standard one is free and the other the Non-Standard one costs £15.00.

I could use the free appeal so I was offered a free appeal.

This was a case of me mis reading as apposed to deliberate selective mis reading and quoting. As you can see by my original post I do try and be as accurate and clear as possible when giving information.

As before I found the advice I was given here very helpful and thanked people for that.
    Andrew
  • A.deeley
    Options
    Maybe the slight dyslexia I have plays a part too as on the IAS web site the free and £15.00 box are next to each other.
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Maybe the slight dyslexia I have plays a part too as on the IAS web site the free and £15.00 box are next to each other.

ahh , so false info in your origional post , however you made it sound like Me watkins was only offering a £15 appeal
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • A.deeley
    Options
    Hi
    At no time did I say PPL charged for an appeal. Here's my original paragraph

"On 6 Sept I received a letter from PPL confirming my appeal was unsuccessful and offering me the optio of appealing to the IAS. This costs £15.00."

The £15.00 refers to IAS and I have corrected the information in my reply above.

Not sure where you going with the pickiness on a slight error that actually has no effect on my question. I've seen threads on here where it's taken a few days to get all the correct information from a poster and saw no such tardiness.

As I stated. I read the MSE main page and Forum and the information gave conflicting advice. Therefore I posted my question. If the main page had been current and current I would not have posted.

Maybe get MSE to update their information would be a better solution than nit picking me.

That I chose to pay the PCN was based on my circumstances at this time not the right or wrong of the case. My defence on thecPCN was weak and not worth the hassle/risk of losing and paying a larger fine. Sometimes one has to take ownership of ones mistakes rather than blame others.

I do have past experience of taking non payers of commercial invoices to court so have an idea how things can go. I've seen strong cases lose and weak cases win.

Again I'll state. On the Forum I was given good, helpful advice and I'm grateful.

Andrew
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My " pickiness " was in the fact that had your statement been true , as in the COMPANY only offering a £15 appeal , one twist of your pens pointed end could not only has stopped this "gentleman" dead in his tracks , it would have also lost him DVLA access
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • A.deeley
    Options
    Hi
    Yes, but I never said PPL charged me £15.00. So when being picky it pays to be correct.

Maybe getting pickie with MSE on their main page advice would be better way to spend time.

I'll state again thecPPL appeal was free.

Andrew
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport