MBNA Money Transfer Offer

Comments

• molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,816 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    redux wrote: »
    Another thing with Tesco is that although they say 95% maximum balance transfer, in practice it is 95% of the remainder at any moment, so with a series of transfers over a few weeks you can work your way to over 99.5%.
    molerat wrote: »
    I have got 98.5% on mine ;)
    Just realised there is not a minimum BT so had another £92 available for my slow stooze TSB - now at 99.91% :D
  • TheShape
    TheShape Posts: 1,779 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    That's useful if I can keep topping up the balance transfers. Will help to maximise the stooz pot.

Waiting for another MT to land in my account today and hoping the Tesco card arrives soon. May get another two MTs in by the 31st.
  • molerat
    How long did it take for the Virgin BT to hit MBNA. The e-mail says 2-3 working days which a) will be costing interest and b) may not clear before statement date which means there will be a minimum payment to make on a card I don't use.
  • TheShape
    molerat wrote: »
    How long did it take for the Virgin BT to hit MBNA. The e-mail says 2-3 working days which a) will be costing interest and b) may not clear before statement date which means there will be a minimum payment to make on a card I don't use.

Requested approx 11pm Thursday 16th. Hit MBNA Monday (20th) morning.
  • molerat
    Both MBNA and TSB showing available balances this morning which include the BTs from Virgin ;)
  • TheShape
    Latest MT cleared yesterday and requested BTs to Halifax and Virgin that have filled those cards. Now waiting for the Tesco and Sainsburys cards to arrive so i can get them activated another complete another two MT/BT combos completed by next Friday.
  • TheShape
    Received Tesco card this morning. Called Tesco who adjusted my previous card limit from £6800 to £4400 and increased the new card from £4900 to £7150 (I lost £150 from combined limits due to the new card being on a higher APR).

Balance transfer requested from MBNA to clear it.

Will be able to fit in one more MT before the 31st.

Managed to grow the stooz pot by £15135 so far, should be able to manage approximately another £3725 to fill the Tesco card and the Sainsbury's card which I am still waiting for. Result should be a stooz pot grown from approx £7k to over £25k:)
  • molerat
    Statement produced this morning and £0.00 interest charged :D
  • noh
    noh Posts: 5,797 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    .......If you're intending using it as a mule, I can report a minor 'grilling' on the reason behind the +ve balance recently. Not too uncomfortable...but might be to someone not prepared for it (I always have been but this was the first time the issue was raised). Might wait until the next statement cycle before making the £9.5K request!

Just had the same issue with MBNA the operator couldn't understand why I would balance transfer £13500 to a card with zero balance! She agreed to return it to my bank account. I told her it was a mistake and that satisfied her it was beginning to become uncomfortable.
    What was the explanation you used?
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    noh wrote: »
    Just had the same issue with MBNA the operator couldn't understand why I would balance transfer £13500 to a card with zero balance! She agreed to return it to my bank account. I told her it was a mistake and that satisfied her it was beginning to become uncomfortable.
    What was the explanation you used?
    Said I'd messed up and given the wrong card details.

Trouble again earlier this week with another, larger, request. CSA said I'd made the same error last week but agreed to my request.

Going to have to go through it all again on Friday as yet a other very large payment will arrive! And then 2 more c. £3K payments late next week/early the week after.

That'll be nearly £30K altogether in less than a month. The amount doesn't concern me (limit is £25K)...just the time period!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure