Store Card PPI Claim

Hi there. I had a Dorothy Perkins store card for (too) many years and finally got rid of it in 2015. I wrote to Dorothy Perkins in January this year who advised that their cards are administered by New Day Ltd and I should contact them. I contacted them by email (from their website) initially but still no response after 2 attempts. I then wrote to them in March and again in May with no response to date. Has anyone tried to reclaim PPI from New Day/Dorothy Perkins and if so, is there a better way of approaching this. Thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Phone? .
  • Mersey_2
    Mersey_2 Posts: 1,679 Forumite
    Santander are currently paying out re PPI on store cards from the then Arcadia Group of stores (DP, Debenhams, Top Shop, Burton etc).

The Santander PPI team are very helpful and can often provide account details over the 'phone just by searching by name and address (if you don't have the account numbers).

This might interest you:

www.mirror.co.uk/money/you-used-store-card-1990s-7114139

You can refer the matter to Genworth (the underwriter) or the FOS (Ombudsman) if Santander reject your claim(s).
    Please be polite to OPs and remember this is a site for Claimants and Appellants to seek redress against their bank, ex-boss or retailer. If they wanted morality or the view of the IoD or Bank they'd ask them.
  • I to had a dorothy perkins card that i didnt really want finally ripped it up a few years ago but everybody i called doesnt seem to know how to help me claim or give me my old account number so i can proceed myself
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I to had a dorothy perkins card that i didnt really want finally ripped it up a few years ago but everybody i called doesnt seem to know how to help me claim or give me my old account number so i can proceed myself

A claims company cannot find this info for you so don't believe any claims they will be able to.

You can ring Dorothy Perkins and ask them, if they can't see it, risk £10 on a DSAR for all the data they have on you.

If it was in the last 6 years try the credit report agencies like Noddle (note, noddle not noodle) which you can access free or try Experian/Equifax using the £2 statutory report as it should be on there
  • After seeing a previous post, I contacted Santander & found out I had two insurance products(ppi) on a Dorothy Perkins card & a River Island card. So i was sent all the paperwork for me to fill in and send back. I basically said the form was filled in for me and I was a student at the time so was of no use to me. That was 5 weeks ago, got a letter last week stating they had not made a decision on my case but would hear within 4 weeks. So currently still waiting, no idea if I'll have much luck or not. But definitely worth contacting Santander directly. I have no account numbers etc so aslong as you have your surname & address.
  • ethereal
    ethereal Posts: 76 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    CRL1703 wrote: »
    Hi there. I had a Dorothy Perkins store card for (too) many years and finally got rid of it in 2015. I wrote to Dorothy Perkins in January this year who advised that their cards are administered by New Day Ltd and I should contact them. I contacted them by email (from their website) initially but still no response after 2 attempts. I then wrote to them in March and again in May with no response to date. Has anyone tried to reclaim PPI from New Day/Dorothy Perkins and if so, is there a better way of approaching this. Thanks

Hi. I have tried to claim from my Dorothy Perkins card, House of Fraser and Debenhams using New Day but have had no response at all. I have also tried New look via Ikano Financial Services but again no response at all. I'm glad I found this thread. I'm going to try Santander! Thank you :T
  • roger_c
    roger_c Posts: 320 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I had a House of Fraser Card which had PPI which was sold 'over the phone'. I complained to Santander who rejected the complaint and advised they were governed by the 'FLA' and not the Ombudsman. Referred complaint to Genworth Financial, their insurers, who also rejected the claim. Referred to FOS and low and behold complaint was upheld. They also advised that the details of my complaint were passed to the insurance company in a group claim as my details were similar to others claiming to have been missold. RESULT, got my compensation today.
  • I have a Fenwicks store card and contacted Gladstone Brookes they have a lenders list and most store cards including Fenwick Department Store is on this list when I contacted them they said they do not handle Fenwicks. I then found an article on the internet referring you to the Daily Mirror telling you to contact New Day (the card dates back to the early 1980's.) they told me they having nothing to do with store cards. Would appreciate any feedback on this subject. Thanks
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,480 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Why haven't you complained to Fenwick?
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Eileen1
    Eileen1 Posts: 8 Forumite
    I have claimed on a couple of old storecards via Resolver. They have come back as New Day and I have had confirmation emails from them saying they are looking into it. Have fingers crossed for a good outcome. Hope this helps
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure