Time to get serious

Comments

• Well managed to get to the shops and even found a couple YS items. I don't usually hit the shops right to get many.

Really pleased that I didn't have to use any money from my bank account, just got to keep the money in there until the end of the month without spending any then I can send it all to the mortgage!!

Work has been busy so the house is a mess, looks like it will be a busy weekend catching up and getting organised.
  • jodles16
    jodles16 Posts: 1,477 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    I stopped my jawbone talking to MFP as it changed the calories and was weird! If I did 10,000 steps and didn't log a walk it said I was minus kcals, if I logged it as a walk it gave me extra, I was just confused in the end!! Not sure that's any help! Good luck keeping the money in the account and brill news about the water cap! Try and have a good weekend, don't tidy too much!

Jodles :D
    MFW2020 #115 250/3000 J-250
    1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

Joining in UberFrugalMonthChallenge set up by the Frugalwoods!
  • Thanks Jodles, wish I could remember how I got the Fitbit to sync tight with MFP. That bit works well, just connecting bounts to it messes it up! I think I had to set my activity to low on MFP. I don't log anything in MFP it just syncs one entry with an updated figure across from the Fitbit. Ideal as I don't have to do anything :)

There will be lots of cooking and ironing going on this weekend but aiming to get out for a couple of walks and/or rides too so it won't all be bad.

Have a good weekend :)
  • Morning everyone

What a busy weekend that was! Lots of progress made with lots of tasks ticked off my list. Most importantly the VAT return has now been submitted.

Some tidying if the house was done, but we also got outside. I go a bit stir crazy if I don't go out all day.

In money news DH and I had a bit of a rejig as we can take a dividend from the business now we have the accounts up to date. This will go straight into an account which holds the money for our household bills. As we have managed to get the mortgage down so much the amount of months covered by this will be enough to cover the rest of the mortgage payments so effectively we can pay it all off with this :T

Hope I haven't confused you all too much! Sometimes it's a bit confusing to budget properly when half of more of your money gets paid a couple times a year!! I like to have 12-18 months bill money in the S123 account because of this - earning interest naturally.

It will take a couple of weeks to get everything sorted but then we will be MF and onto the next stage :T

We've also decided to shuffle the motoring expenses over to DH account after the near catastrophe with 4x4 to put towards the cars - he is in charge of the vehicles (I was using this to overpay - whoops) so I will need to work extra hard now to save the rest needed.

Meal plan has been done up until the end of the month using what we have in and vouchers printed for a meal out next Friday.
  • Everything is all set for phoning up the mortgage company to see about making the final payment - still can't believe it is happening already!

Also I've moved £350 from my main account to the ISA to try and chip away at this huge amount that needs saving before the next step in my cunning plan can happen :)

I'm not sure there will be much left over in March as there are quite a few things to pay out for, so I will need to be creative.

Currently I'm thinking of putting my wedding dress on eBay - I did look into getting it dyed but it seems like that won't be successful so it may as well be put to good use. I'm sure there are a couple bridesmaids dresses somewhere too?
    I can feel a spring clean coming on....
  • That's such an exciting phone call. I bet there'll be some anxiety mixed in there too!
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • jodles16
    jodles16 Posts: 1,477 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Oh wow so exciting!!! That's so fab!:j

Jodles :D
    MFW2020 #115 250/3000 J-250
    1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

Joining in UberFrugalMonthChallenge set up by the Frugalwoods!
  • The call has been made and the remaining balance paid :T :T :T
    It was quite straightforward and I've been buzzing all afternoon.
    There is still several months money in the account for bills so not as tight as I first thought so no rush sorting out the paperwork to refill the account from business dividends.

It also means less pressure if the business is making less money at any point in the future as our monthly outgoings are now much lower :T :T
  • Congratulations. So happy, with a tinge of envy!!
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • Thank you SJ :)

Talking to DH last night and we've decided that the plan is to save enough to buy some land/stables for the horses first. This will free up the money we are paying in rent for them currently.

This will need to be near a village so we can then look at moving as the step after that.

Unfortunately even land/stables are quite expensive and far and few between. I am aiming for £150k, although looking yesterday a new yard has just come on the market for 200k :eek::eek:

One of the large contracts for our business has just extended until the end of June yesterday (a very temporary contract that was only supposed to be for 2 months), so that should help :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure