Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,176 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Hurrah :j :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Thanks everyone! Lilty, I'm thrilled to have helped you with your steps for the day, but by all accounts you do just fine on your own! Fizzy, I can't even imagine what it's like when it's your child having a seizure :(, I'd be a complete mess. I think you are wonderful for going through that for 12 years!! You are probably right about the post traumatic stress idea too. Hugs to you Xx

Summer has finally arrived! We've had 2 scorchio days and tomorrow is forecast to be the same :T. Then rain on Saturday :(. Mum and Sis came for tea last night and we sat in the garden to eat. Lush!

We've been majorly skint this week and desperately waiting for money coming in tomorrow. Managed to get by thanks to a few small eb@y sales and weighing in more clothes. Won £25 on the lottery last night too :j, it won't hit my account until next week, but it all helps.
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,176 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Glad you managed to get by :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Brightspark87
    Brightspark87 Posts: 1,466 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    lucky so much to catch up on. Sorry I missed the 4 years. You are doing such a great job for your family they must all be very proud. well done! the weight loss is amazing. For me, not matter what the pounds are the clothes are the most important thing. congrats! xx

Paid off all Catalogues 10.10.2014
  • Thanks Sparky and Beanie Xx

It's DH's birthday tomorrow and he wanted a family meal out. £45 later and we are skint again :(. He also wanted two days off the diet, so we've had some sweet treats and I feel absolutely awful - shaky and sick. Just shows how good I've been for the last 6 weeks when I'm having a sugar rush from a few bits and pieces!!

Had a nice day in the sun today though. Meal was today not tomorrow as I'm at work and can't get out of it as we have no staff! Not sure what else we are doing this weekend but it will be cheap!!

TV has totally broken :(. It's been switching itself on and off randomly for a few weeks now and today it went off and stayed off. We have borrowed DS1's tv which looks ridiculous as it's tiny and ancient but it's better than nothing. Goodness knows when or how we can replace it! Lounge looks awesome now with a tv that's far too small and we still have a piece of cardboard where the fire used to be :o. Tramps!
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Levi-
    Levi- Posts: 1,235 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Hey Lucksy - just here to send you some positive vibes and also to say Happy Birthday to your DH tomorrow-I'm so glad you had a nice meal out but I hope your sugary shakes go away soon. Sorry you have to work tomorrow and about the TV :( How annoying. Freecycle?
    Love ya loaaads xx
    - on a mission to be debt-free by the end of 2017 - :cool:
    [STRIKE]37500 [/STRIKE] 34650
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    drat I wish you were closer! we have a tv going spare :(
    Must use my stash up!
  • poohbear59
    poohbear59 Posts: 4,866 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Happy birthday to DH. Have you ever gritted Freecycle or freegle. The one near you is the Toon. I moderate for our Freegle over here. You will probably find lots of TVs on offer.

I wish I had your self control. You are doing amazing to keep losing weight.
    business mortgage £0))''(+ Barclay's business kitchen loan £0=Total paid off was £96105 PPI claimed and received £13527
    'I had a black dog, his name was depression".
  • *Robin*
    *Robin* Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Stoptober Survivor
    Good morning Lucky, :hello:

Happy Birthday to DH today! :bdaycake:

Freecycle is a good place to find a telly - but if nothing comes up in the next few weeks maybe I could bring up Knit Witch's spare (will be driving past both your homes, more or less)? :)
  • liltdiddylilt
    liltdiddylilt Posts: 4,117 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Hi Lucky!

Happy birthday to DH today. Methinks £45 for a meal for 4 isn't so bad and if DH enjoyed it then that is fab and what counts. You can cope with being skint a few days more :) you do it all year round :rotfl: with aplomb!!!

I do hope you manage to find a TV somewhere cheap enough. Robin what a lovely thing to say/offer to do about the TV. :D

Still buzzing for you on the weight loss I was the exact same when I came off my diet for a real bender after 6 weeks of perfection. Shaky, sick, and the worst tummy pains for a whole day :( - hope you're ok today and have managed to enjoy the day!! :)

Much love xxx
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback