Royal Mail Surveys rewarded with Stamps.

Comments

• Eliza_2
    Eliza_2 Posts: 1,323
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    3010 wrote: »
    You will be fine to post in the evening before. Just make sure you log it that you posted it the day before after the collection, so when asked if posted before last collection say no and fill the rest in.

The smarts will be tracked from when they arrive at the sorting office.

Thanks, I was just going to log that I posted it at 9.30 am or whatever on the Friday, even though I will have posted it at about 7.30 this evening.
    3010 Posts: 5,420
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Eliza wrote: »
    Thanks, I was just going to log that I posted it at 9.30 am or whatever on the Friday, even though I will have posted it at about 7.30 this evening.

That's okay. I have always taken it as it does not matter when it is posted as long as it enters the system on the correct day.
  • anamenottaken
    anamenottaken Posts: 4,198
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 29 August 2014 at 6:56AM
    If you do this, make sure any tag codes are obliterated, otherwise you'll probably get it straight back (they are the orange barcodes you sometimes see printed on the envelope)

SP

Do those codes identify the individual dwelling rather than a postcode?

Presumably they are created from the postcode not the full address?
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754
    Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    Hello everyone:j:j

I was emailed last week to say that I'd been accepted to join the Royal Mail surveys and they were preparing a sender pack for me. Today I have received a piece of card with a 4 letter code and a letter asking me to enter some receipt information onto "our website"

Nothing else. There's no instructions, no website details etc

I've spent a bit of time reading back and I've managed to log onto the website and I've entered the receipt information for the envelope I have received today.

I believe the card with the letters on is called a SMART....I'm quick me:rotfl: but it's asking me to post it back to one of two people but no addresses have been supplied.

Hope you don't mind a newbie asking some very basic questions:think:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Do those codes identify the individual dwelling rather than a postcode?

Presumably they are created from the postcode not the full address?

Yes but if they were miscanned and read by the CSS machine.
    They will be machine sorted right back into the sequenced mail once again.
  • trix-a-belle
    trix-a-belle Posts: 1,479
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Hello everyone:j:j

I was emailed last week to say that I'd been accepted to join the Royal Mail surveys and they were preparing a sender pack for me. Today I have received a piece of card with a 4 letter code and a letter asking me to enter some receipt information onto "our website"

Nothing else. There's no instructions, no website details etc

I've spent a bit of time reading back and I've managed to log onto the website and I've entered the receipt information for the envelope I have received today.

I believe the card with the letters on is called a SMART....I'm quick me:rotfl: but it's asking me to post it back to one of two people but no addresses have been supplied.

Hope you don't mind a newbie asking some very basic questions:think:

Yes the card with letter on is a smart, you will have a training smart there which all have the same code. What dates are your outgoing postings meant to occur on? Obviously do not post it until you receive your posting pack with all the additional information, envelops etc. If you've not had it by mid next week call the number (should be available on the site somewhere or in this thread maybe, not they are only there till just after lunch) & imo kick up merry hell about receiving items yet absolutely no instructions or other communication.
    Well done on finding your way as far as you have if you have any other questions we are here.

They rang me after my latest training session (just commenced second stint) & I had a very frank conversation with them about their lack of processes & training for new members & that it shouldn't be up to people to go hunting to find resources like this thread to understand the basics.
    I would urge anyone who contacts them to do so to give them a kick up the rear to sort it out, the chaos that occurs surely can not produce the best quantity of valid results.
    - Mortgage: 1st one down, 2nd also busted
    - Student Loan gone
    Swagbucks, Mingle, GiffGaff, Prolific, Qmee & Quidco; thank you MSE every little bit helps
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754
    Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    Yes the card with letter on is a smart, you will have a training smart there which all have the same code. What dates are your outgoing postings meant to occur on? Obviously do not post it until you receive your posting pack with all the additional information, envelops etc. If you've not had it by mid next week call the number (should be available on the site somewhere or in this thread maybe, not they are only there till just after lunch) & imo kick up merry hell about receiving items yet absolutely no instructions or other communication.
    Well done on finding your way as far as you have if you have any other questions we are here.

They rang me after my latest training session (just commenced second stint) & I had a very frank conversation with them about their lack of processes & training for new members & that it shouldn't be up to people to go hunting to find resources like this thread to understand the basics.
    I would urge anyone who contacts them to do so to give them a kick up the rear to sort it out, the chaos that occurs surely can not produce the best quantity of valid results.

Thank you for your help, but I have received no info on outgoing postings. Think I'll just sit tight until I get more details:o
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • trix-a-belle
    trix-a-belle Posts: 1,479
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Thank you for your help, but I have received no info on outgoing postings. Think I'll just sit tight until I get more details:o

I guessed from you saying
    but it's asking me to post it back to one of two people but no addresses have been supplied.
    that you had looked on the posting plan online which would have the date for posting but regardless wait till they send you something or as mentioned above ring them & have a word
    - Mortgage: 1st one down, 2nd also busted
    - Student Loan gone
    Swagbucks, Mingle, GiffGaff, Prolific, Qmee & Quidco; thank you MSE every little bit helps
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,702
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    2 items in the on line schedule to post Mon & Tues but nothing has arrived :o
  • Saetana
    Saetana Posts: 1,542
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    molerat wrote: »
    2 items in the on line schedule to post Mon & Tues but nothing has arrived :o
    You might get lucky and it turns up tomorrow, if not then I'd email them to let them know - it happened to me once.
    2020 Wins:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport