Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Surfchik80
    • By Surfchik80 23rd Dec 15, 1:12 PM
    • 473Posts
    • 2,659Thanks
    Surfchik80
    Prolific Academic - New Survey Alerts
    • 23rd Dec 15, 1:12 PM
    Prolific Academic - New Survey Alerts 23rd Dec 15 at 1:12 PM
    Hi all, this is a thread dedicated to alerting everyone to new surveys appearing on the Prolific Academic site.

It's an interesting and well paid survey site, which also means they're popular and become fully subscribed very quickly!

I love the site, but find their own survey notifications a wee bit hit and miss and most of us don't have time to repeatedly check the site during the day on the off chance of finding available surveys. We won't all be eligible for the same surveys, but a quick 'heads up' when we do see one may make checking for surveys just a little bit more profitable and worthwhile for each other.

No rules, just subscribe and post when you see them to spread the joy!

Additionally, if you're planning on signing up to the site, please be sure to pop over to the referral thread to use someone else's link, before posting your own.
    Last edited by Surfchik80; 23-12-2015 at 1:16 PM.
    £10 a day 2017 - APR £60.12 / MAR £82.24 / FEB £142.82 / JAN £241.24
Page 188
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 24th Jun 17, 8:41 AM
    • 2,557 Posts
    • 4,169 Thanks
    Smodlet
    I don't think I have ever accused you of being patronising, have I, GreyAndGold? I have only found you extremely helpful and pleasant so not sure what I have done to offend you but, if I have, I apologise unreservedly. I will try all these things.

Thanks to you, fluffig and Mrs Soup for such amazing patience; I mean that, no sarkiness intended.
    What is this life, if, sweet wordsmith, we have no time to take the pith?

Every stew starts with the first onion.

I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
    • elljay
    • By elljay 24th Jun 17, 8:43 AM
    • 757 Posts
    • 604 Thanks
    elljay
    Aratartland - 5-minute study about artworks
    Hosted by : Eftychia Stamkou
    Reward : £ 0.43
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : £6.45/hr
    Available Places : 69/220
    Maximum Allowed Time : 20mins
    Avg. Completion Time : 4mins
    • GreyAndGold
    • By GreyAndGold 24th Jun 17, 8:47 AM
    • 475 Posts
    • 1,204 Thanks
    GreyAndGold
    I don't think I have ever accused you of being patronising, have I, GreyAndGold? I have only found you extremely helpful and pleasant so not sure what I have done to offend you but, if I have, I apologise unreservedly. I will try all these things.

Thanks to you, fluffig and Mrs Soup for such amazing patience; I mean that, no sarkiness intended.
    Originally posted by Smodlet
    No never, I am just aware that I might have over simplified the explanation in order not to miss any step.
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 24th Jun 17, 8:57 AM
    • 2,557 Posts
    • 4,169 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Bless your heart, my angel! I really don't think it possible to oversimplify techy stuff for me, I kid you not! Mickey Mouse is over my head, IT-wise.

Lovely fluffig, thank you, too. Believe it or not, I did actually find the Settings bit; buried is right! I just tried what you suggested, increased the amount above which this 2F thingy is required but, since it's me, there was no confirmation button and when I clicked out and back in, the amount had reverted; no surprise there. I think I shall give up on that bit and just put up with the codes but thank you so much for your help.

I shall save yours and GreyAndGold's posts and use your instructions next time I cash out as I am now determined not to give up on Circle until I have had another go. I shall avoid fees or go nuts trying.

You are all so lovely to me, thank you so much.

I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
    • BookWorm
    • By BookWorm 24th Jun 17, 10:36 AM
    • 2,270 Posts
    • 13,878 Thanks
    BookWorm
    Hello - I'm looking for some advice please.

I'm quite new to using Prolific and I've had a researcher contact me to say the survey data wasn't sent to them and I "may have forgotten to hit submit". I know that I definitely completed the survey and it shows in my account as complete (with code). I have sent that same info back to the researcher and will have to wait and see what they say

I just wondered if anyone else has had that happen before and what my chances are of getting the reward money?

TIA
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 24th Jun 17, 11:08 AM
    • 2,557 Posts
    • 4,169 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Hello BookWorm. If you have a completion code (as opposed to "NOCODE") the researcher should have no issue with your data that I know of. It could be that they are about as familiar with PA's software as I am with Circle's! We had this only yesterday with a researcher called Lena Blott, who admitted she had never used the site before and had had trouble with it.

I suggest you wait for the researcher to either reply or just pay you. If they do not do so within 21 days and have not rejected your submission, you will be paid automatically. If they do reject it, you are at liberty to ask for reasons and, if you are not satisfied, to contact PA directly for mediation. Kendra is super-helpful and lovely with it.

HTH.

• Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 24th Jun 17, 11:22 AM
    • 2,557 Posts
    • 4,169 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Short Writing Task
    Available Places : 540/600
    Avg. Completion Time : 7mins
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : £6.43/hr
    Reward Per Hour estimated by researcher: £6.43/hr
    Reward: £ 0.75

• BookWorm
    • By BookWorm 24th Jun 17, 11:29 AM
    • 2,270 Posts
    • 13,878 Thanks
    BookWorm
    Thank you Smodlet
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 24th Jun 17, 11:34 AM
    • 2,557 Posts
    • 4,169 Thanks
    Smodlet
    You are most welcome, BookWorm and I hope you enjoy PA. It can be tedious at times, waiting for surveys but we keep each other company on here to while away the time and some of the studies are quite interesting, occasionally even amusing. I hope you are finding it so.

• Hiddenidenity
    • By Hiddenidenity 24th Jun 17, 11:36 AM
    • 3,335 Posts
    • 12,821 Thanks
    Hiddenidenity
    Short Writing Task
    Available Places : 540/600
    Avg. Completion Time : 7mins
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : £6.43/hr
    Reward Per Hour estimated by researcher: £6.43/hr
    Reward: £ 0.75
    Originally posted by Smodlet
    I enjoyed this one

DFW £523.71/£7348.71
    Rent Arrears £271.28 /£3381.28

June 17 PA £91.05 Cashed out + £12.10 Available + £33.45 pending
    Other Surveys £70 Cash £25 Amazon
    • warby68
    • By warby68 24th Jun 17, 11:37 AM
    • 753 Posts
    • 8,431 Thanks
    warby68
    Are plenty of people having a truly bumper month on PA?

Prolific has never been so prolific for me . I work and there are only a couple of days a week where I can try for surveys more than just early morning and evening but I've STILL earned £130+

I know its the end of the academic year but I didn't notice it like this last year. Is it good for everyone and does anyone know whether PA have had a big business boost or something?

Really NOT looking forward to the Summer slump this time.

Thanks to all who post the surveys - I do seem to be a bit down the queue and often get the same ones but a bit later than they are posted here.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,178Posts Today

6,743Users online

Martin's Twitter