New Journey

Comments

• Well done on swimming. I walked around all day with my kit in my rucksack and did not swim!

Glad son has a lift so you can relax a bit.

Great re BBC show. Something I mean to do but never do!

Off to sort my lunch for tomorrow too :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Enjoy your TV night tomorrow! It’s great to do something completely different from the norm!

And you must be relieved everything turned out ok for DS. You are so right - we never stop worrying however old they are.
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    Really enjoyed tv show , think Phil Tufnell, Matt Dawson and Sue Barker , Christmas Edition, very entertaining , glad I went with DS.

NSD for me DS paid for car park.

Quiet night in tomorrow definitely.
  • Glad you enjoyed it Cumbria, even better that it was free :D
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • OOOhh, a Question of Sport. How fab. A nice thing to do with DS too :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • System
    Community Admin
    Thanks HHOD and DIA , DS enjoyed it immensely, when we were all in the same house it was a programme we would watch as a family. DS and I had a good reminisce tonight as well about some of the daft things we have done together . I don't get to spend quality time with him often so glad we did tonight.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,822
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Always lovely to spend time with ous DS's :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sorry I have been missing for a few days. Had an exhausting although enjoyable day on Saturday and am only just recovering from being out and around people. My mum came for a visit which included a garden centre, meal out and a quartet recital. All enjoyable but rather difficult as I haven't explained to her how hard I find it to go out.

But the good thing is I managed and I will manage again.

Sorry to hijack your thread with my nonsense.

I love hearing about your planned treats. I am definitely envious of the toes and tidy brows.

Have you noticed as well that the pleasure you get from an occasional purchase is so much greater than when you shopped all the time?

Enjoy the rest of your week
    Take care, you really seem to have got this sort rd
    Pauline
    Don't get it perfect - Get it going
    Better Than Before
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,822
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Not nonsense at all Pauline.
    So glad you managed.
    Something to be VERY proud of.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • System
    Community Admin
    Good to hear from you Pauline, I thought you had been a bit quiet. The day out sounded lovely , right up my street. You did really well to do the trip and I bet your mum enjoyed it as well.

You are so right about the occasional purchase rather than all consuming shopping.

Keep posting and reading. Always welcome. X
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport