Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Comments

• Hi guys

Very pleased to say i got a call from our broker last night to advise our Halifax Mortgage Offer will be issued today :)

Process, even though it has not felt like it, has been very quick indeed.

House viewed 03/10/16, Offer Made, Accepted and Full Mortgage Application Made 04/10/16 - Wee bit of back and forth regards supporting documentation through the week and Mortgage Offer made last night. 7 days all in.

Property is also empty therefore seller keen to have entry date at earliest opportunity - Suits us as FTB living with parents. :)

I feel for each and every person on this thread awaiting a decision. I'm an extremely laid back person but i've been incredibly worked up all week.

Good luck to everyone waiting on a decision and as easy as it is to say for us now try and keep calm.
  • jo3ler
    jo3ler Posts: 11 Forumite
    neo2020 wrote: »
    Well, I can finally join this thread:

30/09/16 - Property viewed
    05/10/16 - Initial offer made
    06/10/16 - Counter offer received from seller
    06/10/16 - Counter offer made to seller & accepted
    06/10/16 - AIP issued by Santander via MA
    10/10/16 - Full mortgage application made via MA
    14/10/16 - Full structural survey instructed

MA seems fairly confident and he's as anal as me when it comes to detail so I have an unusual feeling that everything will be fine even though we are both self-employed.

We are asking for £20k less than the maximum lending estimate with a slightly bigger deposit in % terms.

MA says that because our mortgage includes a free valuation, if they instruct valuation it means the underwriters have approved.

We are expecting a decision this week!

I'd be interested to hear as in the same boat with Santander, although I read that they have recently started instructing valuation surveys regardless of whether you are approved to speed the process up. Although this could of course be wrong... Just google "santander free survey mortgage approved" and check out the mortgage strategy website for further info, I cant post a link
  • mancdude
    mancdude Posts: 46 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    We're applying to Santander too - got an email saying that the valuation has been instructed today from my MA however they also said that the underwriters haven't gone through any documents and won't do until after we've had out HTB approval email (this Thursday apparently).

Like the poster above, I also read the valuation was a standard same day thing for all new applicants to shave time off the overall experience.
  • Does anyone no what NatWest final checks consist of?

Thanks
  • neo2020
    neo2020 Posts: 50 Forumite
    mancdude wrote: »
    Like the poster above, I also read the valuation was a standard same day thing for all new applicants to shave time off the overall experience.

This is very possible given the fact that we made the full application on Monday at 5PM and they scheduled the valuation on Tuesday lunch time for Wednesday morning... not out of the woods yet, I suppose.
  • neo2020
    This is very possible given the fact that we made the full application on Monday at 5PM and they scheduled the valuation on Tuesday lunch time for Wednesday morning... not out of the woods yet, I suppose.

Update:

- Valuation being done today.
    - MA spoke with Santander and confirmed they started the underwriting today.
    - I am somehow not nervous. (no idea how this is possible, normally I'd be freaking out)

So yes, Santander definitely book valuations before underwriting.
  • 20th August: Offer accepted
    23rd August: AIP received
    30th August: Mortage application submitted.
    5th September: Mortgage approved subject to valuation.

** 3 week wait for valuation to happen due to vendors stalling **

3rd October: Valuation Complete
    4th October: Mortgage approved and offer letter on the way.

I wish I could be more positive about it all - the mortgage has been so fast with Natwest - seriously impressed with them and our broker.

However, house purchase is in limbo now and at threat of falling through as we have only now been told that the sellers are looking for a property - although we were told it was chain free and had been under this impression sinxe August.

08/10/2016 - PULLED OUT OF PURCHASE (House was sold chain free and 2 months into it, they decide they actually want to purchase somewhere and wont be looking until after Christmas)

08/10/2016 - Offer accepted on new house.

Holding off advising Natwest of change as I dont want to be charged for another valuation until I am super sure this 2nd house purchase is moving in the right direction.

Broker has advised though, that it's pretty easy to do.
  • neo2020
    Update:

- Valuation being done today.
    - MA spoke with Santander and confirmed they started the underwriting today.
    - I am somehow not nervous. (no idea how this is possible, normally I'd be freaking out)

So yes, Santander definitely book valuations before underwriting.

Update #2
    - Underwriter approval confirmed
    - Valuation done but figure not yet received

All this in the space of a day, fairly sure we'll have a decision by the end of the day, i.e. within 48 hours of application :j
  • jo3ler
    jo3ler Posts: 11 Forumite
    Update #2
    - Underwriter approval confirmed
    - Valuation done but figure not yet received

All this in the space of a day, fairly sure we'll have a decision by the end of the day, i.e. within 48 hours of application :j

Congrats! I got the confirmation today that our case has been agreed and we are just awaiting the valuation results before they release offer!! :T:beer::money:
  • neo2020
    edited 12 October 2016 at 4:07PM
    jo3ler wrote: »
    Congrats! I got the confirmation today that our case has been agreed and we are just awaiting the valuation results before they release offer!! :T:beer::money:

And the same to you. Still no word on the valuation so far even though it was done at 10AM today... SHOW ME THE MONEY!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback