May the (NST) force be with you

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    So, what is 'weed and feed' in the past? Weeded and feeded? Wed and fed? The thought made me giggle, so I naturally had to write it down...
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Gorgeous day ended up staying in garden with grandkids all day. I couldn't walk so much pain in my buttocks- reckon I must have used muscles painting decking yesterday still painful. Had a hot shower and a few glasses of wine. Hope it goes by tomorrow.

SFD in the bag today anyway. Paddling pool leaks everywhere will ave to get a new one.

Just making my tea and I see drops of what I though was blood on my kitchen floor turns out to be beetroot. Jar tipped over and leaked all over kitchen cupboard luckily just tins stored there but I got it all over me just hope it all washes out of my clothes. Off to find out and open washing machine :-)
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Back all clothes rescued phew.

Grateful for
    Being able to stay at home today enjoy gs being ace, lovely little chats and board games in the sun and gd who was so good.
    Beetroot clean up nearly completed
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    So, what is 'weed and feed' in the past? Weeded and feeded? Wed and fed? The thought made me giggle, so I naturally had to write it down...

I know! I tried a couple of combinations - none seemed great! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Another NSD.

A good day for me. Enough sleep and most of it in the nighttime. I have added back the hayfever tablet as it didn't seem to make the drowsiness worse and I have added some over the counter Vitamni D tablets that I bought last year when they stopped the prescription ones. I discussed this with the doctor and they do seem to be giving me a lift. Just a little but it's the difference between 'Okay. let's make a start and see what we can do' and 'Sleep sleep must have more sleep'.

Some cleaning, washing, washing up, tidying and cooking (sweet potato mash x 4 (+ 1 eaten), chilli x 5 and bacon soup x 6) has been done and some bits in the garden. Very pleased with progress and feel I have earned my bath.

Today I am grateful for good weather, for getting things done and making lovely food.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • abundant1972
    abundant1972 Posts: 1,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Just a quickie...

So pleased! Meditation AND exercise in the same day. Not done that in such a long time!

Mothernerd - I swear by Vitamin D now. I'm certain in has boosted my energy levels - and I try to get outdoors a few times a week on a walk to help top up my reserves! You're gonna turn intoSuper-Mothernerd now haha! :rotfl:
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
  • pippy1971
    pippy1971 Posts: 144 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 7 May 2017 at 10:08PM
    At last! Another NSD:money:

Spent the entire day doing housework, gardening and clearing out stuff to go to the charity shop / freecycle as I go. Had my son's friend round for the afternoon too.

Also managed to fit in dog-walking and cleaned the inside of the car. Threatened to take the car to the car wash (which I had no intention of doing -would have ruined my NSD) if OH didn't do the outside, which he thinks is the biggest waste of money, so he did do it (under duress). He then came in and had to have a lay down because he was so tired :rotfl: That was his only contribution to the chores today.

Have just added some more money to my savings account for the 365 penny a day challenge and after updating this I will check what bills are left for the rest of the month. My OH's car has a cracked windscreen, so am going to have to budget for that - £75. Would have been £25 if he had got it done when it was a chip...:mad:

I also have to start to thing about what to get my daughter for her 9th birthday, which is coming up in June. She has a list that would fill an A4 book, so am going to have to edit it.

Today I am grateful that I managed to get so much clearing up done, that SATS will soon be out of the way and that I have more patience than I give myself credit for - have managed to suffer OH feeling sorry for himself without a row (mind you, the day's not done yet...)

NSD #2
    NST June 2017: Jiggle Free June ..number 18
    The 365 day penny challenge £49.89
    1 debt vs 100 days challenge 26... #2
  • Jo_Blogs
    Jo_Blogs Posts: 753 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Good morning everyone :);)

Wonderful posts and NSDs as always folks :T

Today will be NSD No. 8 here :D

Wishing you all a super 'force be with you' day! ;)
    Saved Nitty Gritty £7440.75 [149%] / £5000-[Sep] £58.44:starmod: for the 'Save 12k in 2017' #157
    2017 Womble #35 £3463.27 ;)Sept NSDs 4/15:staradminCCCChl 9/12 months:D
    Sept PPChl#002 Pts 71
  • indigowarrior
    indigowarrior Posts: 745 Forumite
    Today is NSD for me except bills. I went into town and came home with nothing. It felt good even though i was tempted by a cream cake greggs I decided not to. I hoping tomorrow will also be NSD. I am going to aim for 10 but will be happy to beat six which was April's total.
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • indigowarrior
    indigowarrior Posts: 745 Forumite
    Jo_Blogs wrote: »
    Good morning everyone :);)

Wonderful posts and NSDs as always folks :T

Today will be NSD No. 8 here :D

Wishing you all a super 'force be with you' day! ;)
    How have you managed 8 NSD!!:eek:
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family