And so it begins: The Pig Vs The Mortgage

Comments

• Sleep well, 6 more get ups until half term.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • I need to look at that skincare - I use Elemis at the moment. Enough said!!!
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Sleep well, 6 more get ups until half term.

Only 5 now :D
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • pinkypig
    I need to look at that skincare - I use Elemis at the moment. Enough said!!!

All the toiletries and make up I've tried from there have been brilliant and I've never swapped back. The only thing in wasn't keen on was the toothpaste which was a bit runny and messy. Skincare range is great though as is the sunceam :)
  • pinkypig
    Another week done. At about 11 am on Monday I wasn't sure if I'd make it this far:rotfl:

Work came and went with no significant event. My marking is up to date and the last week of term is planned. I'll worry about the second half of the term at a later date ;)

No money updates other than I had a little spend :o. I spotted a lovely summer dress in the window of a new cs which I drive past. I had a look in tonight and tried it on. Its lovely, great quality and was a barginous £4. Getting a bit short of personal spends though and there's a lot of month left!

Another bit of good fortune arrived today too. My bulk popcorn had two split packs (looked like they been caught with a box cutter). The contents was fine, I just put it in a storage jar but spurred on by Earthgirl's good practice I complained (which i never usually get aroubd to doing). Glad I did, they resent my order free of charge and told me to keep the damaged one. 10kg of popping corn should keep me going for a while:rotfl:

Its been a miserable day here, wet and cold so I succumbed (much to the kid's delight) and put the heating on for an hour. I also lit the stove and a very small amount of coal has kept the living room and kitchen warm all evening and I've got two airers of washing which will hopefully be dry by morning so I need to do this more often I think. Its easy to feel deprived and fed up when you're cold and this is after all a marathon not a sprint!

Other wins included;

Uniform and PE kits washed

Bol sauce from the freezer, spaghetti and hm garlic bread for dinner, freezer lo for lunch and overnight oats for breakfast.

Both kids happy and looking forward to the weekend :)

Quiet evening on the sofa watching catch up TV ( with a bowl of popcorn from the popcorn mountain :rotfl:) Nice not to be flying through a 'to do' list.

I'm off to bed soon and I will not be setting the alarm:j. I'll probably be awake at stupid o'clock but at least I won't have to get up. Love my Saturday morning coffee and a book in bed time :)

Happy Friday whatever you are doing.

PP xx
  • Happy Friday Pp. I do miss friday night teacher night, the thought of doing absolutely nothing because the week has been so busy, but I've treated myself to one this evening.

Have a fabulously frugal weekend and bring on the last week of the half term
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • I think I'll be popping to @ldi for that face cream too . Thanks for the info :)
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • pinkypig
    Happy Friday Pp. I do miss friday night teacher night, the thought of doing absolutely nothing because the week has been so busy, but I've treated myself to one this evening.

Have a fabulously frugal weekend and bring on the last week of the half term

Thanks Wish. Those Friday nights do have a magical quality:D

Hope you had a good weekend too.
  • pinkypig
    I think I'll be popping to @ldi for that face cream too . Thanks for the info :)

Hiya MFD, thanks for stopping by. Hope you like it :D
  • pinkypig
    I've have had one of those weekends, a proper one:eek:

After my relaxing Friday night and a nice but full on day of Dad care I got a call from DS who had damaged himself in fairly spectacular style so we had a wild Saturday night in A&E :( . He is fully stitched back together and is sore but fine . When we eventually arrived home there was a message saying Dad's Sunday carer was ill so that was the rest of my weekend gone:( Add to that a DS up all night due to pain and DD rolling in during the wee hours its was a, long weary night!
    I gave up trying to sleep at five and got up and did all my 'surviving the working week jobs'. On the plus side I slept like a log last night:)

There were some good bits and some MSE wins, just not as many as there should have been.

Two nsd

Roast dinner for us and mum and dad using a £2.50 ys joint of beef and Aldi super 6 veg followed by rhubarb crumble using rhubarb from my friend's allotment. There was also enough lo for lunches.

Mum gave me a cooked chicken which made chicken pie filling, Thai red curry and the 2 breasts are in the freezer for a midweek roast dinner. I put the carcass in the sc and made stock which I used to make lo roast dinner soup.

The not so good was no excercise, no cleaning or laundry, not enough water drank and no time to scratch my a***:rotfl:

Today has been better:). Work had its exciting (read testing) moments but I stayed calm and survived. DS is more comfortable and DD is happy. Mum and Dad are managing better than they have been so all feels well:)

Other wins included;

Nsd

Cleaned kitchen floor and wiped down the units.

Tomorrow's dinner prepped.

Cheap healthy eats (porridge for breakfast, lo for lunch, hm roast dinner soup , ys artisan rolls and lo crumble and custard for dinner)

Marking up to date:j

Kettlebells class done and definitely getting easier :)

I've done a survey:j:j:j I have an additiinal income of £2!! Well its a start :rotfl:

Its blowing a hooley out there tonight so I've opted for bed, electric blanket, cup of tea and a catch up on the diaries. Lovely :)

PP xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback