Vodafone Debt Collection

AliceRebecca
AliceRebecca Posts: 1 Newbie
edited 22 February 2017 at 2:26AM in Debt-free wannabe
Hey

Just asking for a little advice and help...

So I recently moved to Australia on a WHV and am no longer using my English Vodafone sim card, however did use it for a tiny bit of October, and not realising occured a few charges. I hadnt looked at my vodafone account as only thought £26 was going to be coming out each month, however in October they heavily overcharged me and because there was not enough in my english account to cover this i have been getting late payment charges for the past couple of months on top of this.

So my parents back home have been being contacted by debt collectors. Now, obviously my sim with the number in question is not in a phone so vodafone couldnt contact me through that, however they have an email address and a home number for me. I was not attempted to be contacted regarding the bill by either means and instead it was just passed straight to debt collectors and my parents have been being contacted at home. Also I went into a store and told them the sim would be out of action (i couldnt cancel it because I had too long left on the contract)

I just wanted to know where i stood on this. Should vodafone have tried to contact me via other means regarding the charges? Can i make a complaint that they didn't actually speak to me once before passing the issue to the debt collectors despite having alternative methods of contact?

Thanks for any help
Alice

Comments

• fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,380
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    Try posting here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5393903

and the Vodafone rep will pick it up.
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Hi AliceRebecca,

Please email us via the form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and we'll check we've received it.

Thanks,

Natasha
    Social Media Operations
    Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure