Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    mhoc wrote: »
    If anyone has not used their Marks sparks £5 off wys £25 offer, this weekend its the grill menu - wine, main and 2 sides - it does not feel as good a deal with having 2 sides

How would this work please mhoc.
    Does the voucher come off the individual food prices?
    Or do you have to buy 3 x £10 meal deals.
    Assuming that they at a tenner.
    Or does the wine mess things up?
    Tia.

Morning peeps.
    Hope today is the start of better things for all of us having problems at the moment.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    curl_girl wrote: »
    How would this work please mhoc.
    Does the voucher come off the individual food prices?
    Or do you have to buy 3 x £10 meal deals.
    Assuming that they at a tenner.
    Or does the wine mess things up?
    Tia.

Morning peeps.
    Hope today is the start of better things for all of us having problems at the moment.

good point.
    In theory it would be 2 meals deals plus £5 of others.
    But maybe the till sees the full price and ignores the wine? So you only need 2 meal deals and nothing extra
    Or maybe it just wont scan because of the meal deals ....

Maybe some experimentation with the self scan tills if anyone has them ...
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 17 May 2017 at 11:24AM
    yesterday was a paper sorting day so the paper waste basket is full to overflowing :o

Now I have more items for it.

Waitrose - spend £30 save £6 - four of these all valid until 11/06 - these have my name on but if you used the handscanners no one seems to notice.
    (and a few small value MOCs)

I have tidied my inbox and I have stamps and now I am going to get organised for going past the postbox later :T
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Jeez those that are suppose to help, dont make this caring lark easy. OH needed to have a chest xray before this appt with his consultant early next month. Only day I could fit in was today as my mum is still in the hospice, so dont need to rush to hers. We got there as soon as the xray dept opened. Easier to get a parking spot and thought wont have to wait long. Got in there. About 5 people there already, so not too bad. Receptionist comes along to open up and announces xrays wont be started until an hours times as they are testing the generators. General murmings of discontent amonst the queue and she says well we have been doing this for a long time every Wednesday morning. Im sorry, but why dont they put this on the website then or put notices about the hospital as we very rarely go to that xray dept. So I had to go home to get another small bottle of oxygen for OH incase his run out and because he was anxious and had to turn his oxygen up, there was a strong possibility of him running out. Luckily dont live too far from this hospital. Just wish it was things like this they would take more care about notifying people.

About a month ago, mum needed a blood transfusion and it was to be done in day care unit. Transport was arranged which arrived on time. They wouldnt let me on the transport with my hearing dog, which is against the law but didnt argue as just wanted mum to get to her appt and followed in my car. Got into the daycare unit and it was obvious they didnt want me there with my dog, so I stayed till mum was comfortable and guessed she would be well looked after. Gave them my phone number and told them to ring me when mum was about to be taken home and I would be at her place to meet her. So that was fine till about 5pm get a phone call. It is my mum in weak voice, "where are you" Im like Im waiting for a phone call from the day unit and what the hell are you doing home (could tell she was calling me from phone ID). Rushed round there. Transport had dropped mum off and had to leave her as they had other passengers. They had phoned my sister (nok) as they were concerned about leaving her on her own. Anyway, I must have got there about 5 minutes after transport had left. Poor mum couldnt get to the toilet and had been incontinent and there was mess everywhere. Now if only that day centre had phoned me, all this palaver would have been prevented. I was fuming for mum and for myself having to break my back to clear all this up.

Rant over. Hoping rest of day goes smoothly. Visiting mum this afternoon at the hospice (no complaints about them so far :) )and shes coming home tomorrow so will be fun and games again with the revelant authorities. Been promised extra sitting hours for mum. Yeah will believe that when I see it :o
  • Good morning lovely peoples :hello:

Hugs to those in need - you are in my thoughts :A

Thank you for the fantastic list 3 dogs - you are a star :A

I'm still waiting for my hair to come back - but my wife and DD love some JF :)
    Fighting Recurring Cancer
  • diluvsdiscounts
    diluvsdiscounts Posts: 4,395 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    :eek:My boy is a pedigree.....his kennel club name is Sir Red Poll.....We also share the same birth date...which I didn't know when I got him....He was 7 last week.....I was 21.....:rotfl:
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Evening all.
    I have been invited to a baby shower.
    I remember Di doing one not long ago.
    Can I ask what sort of pressies are expected please????

I always thought it bad luck to buy clothing before the baby is born or is my thinking old fashioned?

I need a baby stuff glitch!
    I made a nappy cake and a nappy wreath, Dd still has the wreath hanging on the kitchen door. I got the frame from hobbycraft for £2 and I rolled up bibs and vests and added spoons and little Ted baker miniatures etc.
    Dd didn't expect any presents but she got loads of stuff. I think practical stuff so it will get used, nappies, muslin cloths, bibs.
    :rotfl::rotfl:
    It's being held in a pub, so will have to buy my own booze.
    We had ours in the pub because dd central heating was broken. It was great, no cleaning up to do and us oldies went for a meal afterwards and left the youngsters at the pub. That seems like a lifetime ago.

(((Snap))) life is so unfair :(
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    HILLBERN wrote: »
    morning all, grey and wet :( im taking my 87year old MIL to dobbies and T today, I hope it doesn't rain too much as I have to go backwards and forwards to the store collecting and returning the wheelchair and the disable bays are usually full so have to park quite away.

Ive had a very restless night thinking about all the poorlies I feel rubbish today with not much sleep..Many kind words have already been said by many on here ...all I want to say is I reiterate all the advice, be strong for yourself look after yourself and be positive for those you are supporting. Take each day at a time, revel in the good days, rest on the bad days make memories:)

Hope your shopping expedition goes well.
    Another gripe of mine with other making this caring lark more difficult. At Sains I get the wheelchair out of car, put mum or oh in chair. Go inside to get the trolley that attaches to the chair. Do shopping. Go back to car with trolley of course. Then when trolley has been emptied and mum/oh put in car I have to take the trolley back inside the store. What about people that might have someone with them that they cant leave while they take the trolley back in. I did ask the trolley man if he would take it for me and he said no he only collects the "regular" trollies and I have to take it back in :mad: Needless to say I just put it with the "regualr" trolleys and legged it :rotfl:

Could write a book .

:eek:
  • Chrisv
    Chrisv Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Bake Off Boss!
    3Dogs wrote: »
    More items added. I have included the Lynx body wash but haven't found any actual APG results with these, so can't indentify 'flavours'. If you have details please let me know and I will include it

With thanks to everyone who has posted their results

JOHN FRIEDA v Tesco – works out £1 each

1x John Frieda Luxurious Volume Core Restore Protein-Infused Shampoo (250ml) £6.00 £4.66
    1x John Frieda Luxurious Volume Core Restore Protein-Infused Clear Conditioner (250ml) £6.00 £4.66

It might be an idea to separate these two, 3Dogs. They have caught a few people out.

They are not part of the Tesco 3 for £10 offer.

Buying 3 of them A v T will give an apg of £5.42, if it is your shampoo of choice.
    Buying one or two mixed with one or two of the ones in T's 3 for £10 offer will mean that the T's offer will not be picked up. The others will compare at T's full price.
  • diluvsdiscounts
    diluvsdiscounts Posts: 4,395 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Good morning lovely peoples :hello:

Hugs to those in need - you are in my thoughts :A

Thank you for the fantastic list 3 dogs - you are a star :A

I'm still waiting for my hair to come back - but my wife and DD love some JF :)

I started my chemo in the August and as I have a fondness for sunshine I was quite tanned, boy did I look a !!!!!! when my hair fell out. :rotfl: I can laugh now but I was horrified at the time :o
    I'm glad your chemo has come to an end it takes it out of you, quite literally. What happens next?
  • Miss_Laid
    Miss_Laid Posts: 6,212 Forumite
    Not sure whats been reported but my 7.21am Lynx shop was all good :)
    Anyone can cuddle but only the Welsh can cwtch :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure