Minimum bar spend not met

2»

Comments

• If you pay the 1400 difference will you have a £1400 credit at the bar?
  • warby68
    warby68 Posts: 3,021 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Are you sure there isn't a higher room rental that kicks in (or could be negotiated) if you didn't meet the minimum bar spend?

This might be lower than £1400

Talk to them - I know this venue, its very well established and used to lots of different function arrangements.
  • TimeToDoIt
    TimeToDoIt Posts: 220 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    I'm pretty sure Just Giving is for raising money for charities. Not for yourself.
    ~~I am debt free~~
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    TimeToDoIt wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure Just Giving is for raising money for charities. Not for yourself.

It says on the front page just giving is for "charities and personal causes" so can be used for any reason.
  • DrWatson1
    DrWatson1 Posts: 130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    craig1123 wrote: »
    If you pay the 1400 difference will you have a £1400 credit at the bar?

This. Pubs are luck if they make 25% profit on pints of beer if they are "tied in". That would mean they actually "lost" £350 in profit by not selling £2000 worth of drinks in total.

That's the kind of figure you should be trying to settle for.
  • Moosk21 wrote: »
    I recently organised a school reunion. The initial response I got was very positive therefore chose a venue fitting for the purpose. The venue had a £2,000 minimum spend policy and based on my responses and acceptances, I wasn't too concerned. However, only a small fraction of guests turned out and at the end we didn't come close to the minimum spend. £1,400 short to be exact.

I signed a contract and i'm now not sure how I'm going to pay this balance as I can't afford it. What will the venue do to reclaim the money from me??

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi mate I find myself in the same situation, could you please tell me what you did to solve it?
  • Dukes92 is a popular place in Manchester!
    Savings as of April 2023 Savings account - £26460.50(14474.88)Current account - £2140.24(4576.79)Total - £28600.74(19051.67) £1010 (£65pm CS/BS) £250 CS/BS/JS
  • Same thing happened to me, how did u manage to resolve things. I also feel like they didn't respect the agreement we had.

Any advice would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,876 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Hi mate I find myself in the same situation, could you please tell me what you did to solve it?
    Same thing happened to me, how did u manage to resolve things. I also feel like they didn't respect the agreement we had.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi,

The OP has not been back to update us unfortunately.

I would take some of the advice listed above, and in future don't arrange anything upfront unless you first have the money.

Saves a lot of trouble in the long run.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • geoffken wrote: »
    Find out how much "profit" they think they have lost and suggest you pay that.
    After all if you had "spent" £2000 behind the bar they would have had all the "costs" of the drinks etc.
    They would still have staff costs but not materials cost.

I was thinking this, they definitely wouldn't have made £2,000 profit on a £2,000 spend.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure