Letter from dwp

Options

Comments

• Londonsu
    Londonsu Posts: 1,391 Forumite
    Options
    dippy3103 wrote: »
    If you are on contribution based JSA then you do not have to provide and proof of your partners income or bank accounts.

This is what I too would be querying the OP has stated their partner works and they are on cont based JSA so their partners income is not relevant, however once that finishes they would have to claim Income based and its only then their partners income is taken into account and it has to be a joint claim but surely if the partners income exceeds the amount the government says a couple needs to live on which is 114.85 then there will be no income based claim.

The only thing I can think would be relevant is if the OPs partner is claiming other benefits like tax credits or HB so would be something to do with UC
  • viczs123
    viczs123 Posts: 25 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    No my partner doesn't claim any benefits.
    Can someone else clarify/confirm the situation of not having to provide proof of partners income when a person's claiming contribution based jsa
    Thanks
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,956 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    viczs123 wrote: »
    No my partner doesn't claim any benefits.
    Can someone else clarify/confirm the situation of not having to provide proof of partners income when a person's claiming contribution based jsa
    Thanks
    No you do not have to provide proof of your partners income when claiming Contribution based JSA.
  • Newly_retired
    Newly_retired Posts: 2,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    No, but as I said earlier, it looks as though cbJSA is coming to an end soon, so OP is probably going to be reassessed for income based JSA based on household income and capital.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,956 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    No, but as I said earlier, it looks as though cbJSA is coming to an end soon, so OP is probably going to be reassessed for income based JSA based on household income and capital.
    There's still 2 months to go on the CB JSA...
  • Londonsu
    Londonsu Posts: 1,391 Forumite
    Options
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    There's still 2 months to go on the CB JSA...

And if the OP has no intention of claiming IB benefits after that time and her partner is not claiming any in work benefits like tax credits that might fall under universal credit rules, why should the DWP want the details of a someone not claiming and has no intention of claiming
  • jessex1990
    jessex1990 Posts: 137 Forumite
    Options
    I read a DWP job advert the other day that said they wanted a person that would make sure people are getting everything they are entitled to.

Perhaps that is what is happening in this situation they are verifying whether or not he would be entitled to it - they don't want to be in a situation where somebody didn't know they were entitled to it (and therefore didn't claim) and it later transpires they were able to claim it but nobody checked.
  • *TwilightDelight*
    Options
    not sure how you can claim benefits if your partner is working? hate to say this but they may be doing you for benefit fraud
  • newbutold
    newbutold Posts: 752 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    not sure how you can claim benefits if your partner is working? hate to say this but they may be doing you for benefit fraud

If it's contribution based benefits, then you can claim without committing benefit fraud. It is only once the contribution based time frame ends and you fall into the income based benefit, does your partners work status/income amount come into the claim.
    If my posts have random wrong words, please blame the damn autocorrect not me :D
  • dippy3103
    dippy3103 Posts: 1,959 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Londonsu wrote: »
    This is what I too would be querying the OP has stated their partner works and they are on cont based JSA so their partners income is not relevant, however once that finishes they would have to claim Income based and its only then their partners income is taken into account and it has to be a joint claim but surely if the partners income exceeds the amount the government says a couple needs to live on which is 114.85 then there will be no income based claim.

The only thing I can think would be relevant is if the OPs partner is claiming other benefits like tax credits or HB so would be something to do with UC

Perhaps it's as simple as they have been sent an appoint letter which is used for all benefits.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure