tech-centre.eu

Comments

• dpac123
    dpac123 Posts: 22 Forumite
    I have just been scammed by this website. :(
    I like to think I am very internet savvy when it comes to scams but I had a recent personal upset and wasn't thinking straight. And their website does look very genuine.
    Stupidly, I placed two orders. One for my son and one for me.
    I paid for his through PayPoint and mine by BACS.
    No goods turned up and even though they say my order is now cancelled, the monies have not been returned.
    What really annoys me, is:
    1) Paypoint letting them have an account and, even worse
    2) They have a Barclays account with monies being transferred through Earthport plc.
    None of these companies will help getting my money back because I willingly handed it over.
    Earthport said I can get Barclays to apply for a recall but Barclays say they don't have a procedure to do that! Huh?

Please pass the word around, so no one else gets caught.
    I am continuing with my quest to bring them down by contacting various authorities.
    They don't actually own the domain name Tech-Center.eu, Their real address is: tech-center.eu.l.shopindex.net.tc. Which is Turkish, supplied, I believe by Smartdots.com. I can't contact them either. Emails are bounced.
    Their IP address (emails) however seems to be from different countries - ie USA or Sweden
    This is a copy of part of a message header if any use to anyone technical
    Return-Path: <cssupport@tech-center.com>
    Received: from imp-8.mail.tiscali.it (10.39.115.229) by mail-10.uk.tiscali.com (8.0.023)
    id 4B8392FE1266FAC6 for [EMAIL="l.woodward&#64;tiscali.co.uk"]l.woodward@tiscali.co.uk[/EMAIL]; Wed, 9 Jun 2010 21:25:16 +0200
    Received: from omr-d32.mx.aol.com ([205.188.249.130])
    by imp-8.mail.tiscali.it with
    id TvRF1e0392pZAEd01vRFo9; Wed, 09 Jun 2010 21:25:16 +0200
    Received: from imo-da03.mx.aol.com (imo-da03.mx.aol.com [205.188.169.201])
    by omr-d32.mx.aol.com (8.14.1/8.14.1) with ESMTP id o59JOagb000529
    for <l.woodward@tiscali.co.uk>; Wed, 9 Jun 2010 15:24:41 -0400
    Received: from [EMAIL="cssupport&#64;tech-center.com"]cssupport@tech-center.com[/EMAIL]
    by imo-da03.mx.aol.com (mail_out_v42.9.) id a.e11.9c71b82 (43918)

They are obtaining money by deception.
    I don't believe their addresses are genuine either.

Hope this helps others.

Try putting the London address into google and you'll see several companies registered at the same address. Also the phone no is an 0705 premium rate number. Probably best not to touch with a bargepole!!
  • PhylPho
    PhylPho Posts: 1,443
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I dunno, why would anyone with a single functioning brain cell consider for even a single second making a purchase from a website that is registered to a domain. . .

. . . in the far-off Indian Ocean comprising. . .

. . . a few chunks of rock nominally owned by France?

Jeez.
  • I was just about to make a massive purchase on this site and decided to check it out as it seemed just a bit too cheap.
    thank goodness i did!

i don't know how they are allowed to trade with so many organisations for taking the money.
  • cd36uk
    cd36uk Posts: 243
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    racheee wrote: »
    I was just about to make a massive purchase on this site and decided to check it out as it seemed just a bit too cheap.
    thank goodness i did!

i don't know how they are allowed to trade with so many organisations for taking the money.

Same here, I just thought I would see what I could find out before I made a purchase...phew thank heavens
  • waypor wrote: »
    Have been looking for cameras and found a site on google shopping with great prices. uk.digitalbuzz.net.tf after looking who they where i found this forum so i registered to WARN WARN WARN !!!.
    All the addresses are the same as other didgy sites mentioned, I nearly got done but had the sense to check them out.
    They now offer payment by visa & mastercard along with paypoint, ukash etc.

so please pass this site around uk.digitalbuzz.net.tf & on google shopping its tekcenter.

Thank you to all who wrote about this company. Was just fishing around for credit card to make an American Fridge Freezer purchase, been looking for decently priced one for about ages. Thought I would do a quick check for any bad reviews of the company first, phew - so glad I did and so glad you posted all this info:A
    Sad that I found fridge on Google shopping though - they shouldn't let known con artists list on there.
  • Thank goodness I found this. Just about to buy a lens from the digitalbuzz.net site. The price seemed too good to be true and then the payment methods - visa not currently an available option and no paypal - rang the alarm bells. So disappointed!! But also relieved not to have parted with the money!
    Thanks all who posted above.

IF IT SEEMS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT GENERALLY IS.........
  • Nearly got scammed myself !!! A price to good to be true !!!! And it was :mad: . Ordered it looked up places were to get Ukash vouchers , then started to wake up !!! Did a little digging and found this thread and one on AVForum . Advice on that forum suggests there is a warning on the Ukash websight. So definately will not be sending money. Thanks everyone !
  • PhylPho
    PhylPho Posts: 1,443
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Though it's good to know consumers are taking note of Internet alerts, the fact that such alerts have had to be posted in the first place suggests that the scammers have already found many victims.

Yet the DigitalBuzz website couldn't be more obvious a scam if it emblazoned itself with GET CONNED HERE.

There is no company address. There is not a word of sense in the 'About Us' section. English is very obviously not the site operators' first language. The domain to which this 'uk' operation is registered is a rocky outpost somewhere in the Indian Ocean.

C'mon. What more does any consumer need to appreciate that this isn't so much digital buzz as DigitalBuzzards?????
  • I know , I know it has scam written all over it !! I have been shopping successfully for years on the internet . And this is the first time I have I let my guard slip , but fortunately realised before it was too late. Even now though you can do a shopping search on google where this company comes up highlighted on on the first page with a link to its website !!! :mad:
  • The site appears to have been reborn as xtramag.net.

When you opt to pay by money transfer / bankers cheque they send you an email requesting the following information:

[FONT=&quot]Our company actively fights fraud, and identity theft: The internet plague. In order for us to protect our customers and co-workers as well as the general public from scammers and fraud, we need to verify your identity for your [FONT=&quot]initial[/FONT] order.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]In order for us to do that, and approve your initial order process, please provide us with:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [FONT=&quot] 1) a non-expired, unaltered and clear copy of your ID (passport, country ID card, drivers license, etc)[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] 2) a recent phone bill matching the phone number AND address as registered in your profile[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Note:[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] - If a phone bill cannot be provided (ex: prepaid cell phone, or bundled internet service), please submit ANY TWO copies of a recent proof of residency (water bill, electricity bill, gas bill...)
    - The scanned documents must be in pdf or jpg format.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Also worth noting that all registration and transactions are provided via http (not secure).

I will not be sending these guys any money!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure