Poundland Bargain Thread -

Options

Comments

• constantworrier
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    Got some liquid eyeliner in the Wembley Central store today but it wasn't Rimmel. They had some Hello Kitty liquid eyeliners as well, in strange shades (ie not black or brown). Also some Margaret Astor lip gloss - allegedly non-transferable but we shall see. If I end up with pink teeth or my hair gets caught on it (an unfortunate side effect of longish hair + breeze as any girl will attest to) I shall smile broadly :D before asking for a full refund.

Also Wonka bars (100g) were 2 for £1, exp 10/14. I had to hunt for the millionaires shortbread but there was plenty of Creme brûl!e flavour left. All in all a good way to spend 10 minutes.

Eta: somehow I always thought that Wonka bars are a Cadburys creation.....have just realised they are Nestle! That has put me right off them. I shall have to give them away.

Hi Vfm4meplse
    Can I ask why you don't like Nestle ?. Thanks
  • autumngirl
    autumngirl Posts: 1,599 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    .....Eta: somehow I always thought that Wonka bars are a Cadburys creation.....have just realised they are Nestle! That has put me right off them. I shall have to give them away.

How strange! For some reason I also thought they were Cadburys. Mind you I hadn't tried them otherwise I'd have quickly twigged as Cadbury's choc is sooooooo much nicer tasting than Nestle.

(And then there's the Nestle boycott thing as well but that's a whole other debate)
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,270 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Vfm4meplse
    Can I ask why you don't like Nestle ?. Thanks

This might help:

Nestl! is the target of a boycott because it contributes to the unnecessary death and suffering of infants around the world by aggressively marketing baby foods in breach of international marketing standards.

http://www.babymilkaction.org/nestlefree
  • constantworrier
    Options
    Doc_N wrote: »
    This might help:

Nestl! is the target of a boycott because it contributes to the unnecessary death and suffering of infants around the world by aggressively marketing baby foods in breach of international marketing standards.

http://www.babymilkaction.org/nestlefree

Thanks Doc N
  • LouLou
    LouLou Posts: 2,135 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 26 July 2014 at 1:54AM
    Options
    Also, meant to add this and forgot. Union Street, Glasgow Poundland currently has these, but they come and go from different Poundlands, so it's not "new".

Good for the heat as a drink, or for freezing (which is how I remember them from my schooldays!). Kwenchy Kup box of 12 (6 x Orange, 6 x Raspberry).

10475_1.jpg
    I have read they were cheaper in Home Bargains a while back, but useful if you have a Poundland nearby and need supplies.
  • Slubberd
    Slubberd Posts: 91 Forumite
    Options
    Apologies if posted already

Poundland have packs of dehydrated compost that expands to 10L. It is actually made of coir - so if you are after the very expensive coir bricks at the minute - buy these instead - excellent quality at a fraction of the price the bricks are.

check this out - and it's been reduced - £1 a pack for 100g at Poundland
  • LouLou
    LouLou Posts: 2,135 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 26 July 2014 at 11:22PM
    Options
    Slubberd wrote: »
    Apologies if posted already

Poundland have packs of dehydrated compost that expands to 10L. It is actually made of coir - so if you are after the very expensive coir bricks at the minute - buy these instead - excellent quality at a fraction of the price the bricks are.

check this out - and it's been reduced - £1 a pack for 100g at Poundland
    51UUihX-IyL._SX450_.jpg
    I've bought those potting soil packs a few times from Poundland, they're great :) The only downside is that the block is impossible to break up into smaller pieces (at least it is for me), so I leave boyf to deal with it.

I also have scalloped edge plastic planter trays (in dark green or terracotta colour) and some of my Poundland flowers have bloomed beautifully. I also buy their Plant Food, Bug Spray and even have a watering jug from there.

Something that's useful with planters are these irrigation spikes, that you attach to a used plastic bottle (cheap from ebay or Amazon): http://blog.love2learnallotmenting.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Bottle-Top-Waterers-Prepared-For-Use.jpg

PS: Apparently the blocks are coir, discussed much earlier in the thread: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=4385928&postcount=65 (I learned something today :)).

Mind you, these guys don't like it very much. http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=340844
    ..erm, I've just realised what sort of forum that is!
  • dairy_lee
    dairy_lee Posts: 67 Forumite
    Options
    Forgot to post before, but I found Stila dry shampoo -jade blossom hair refresher in Watford branch a few weeks ago. Think it was a full size bottle. Bought one and it smells nice, but a bit like putting talc on your hair.
    HTH
  • princesse_sarah_x
    Options
    dairy_lee wrote: »
    Forgot to post before, but I found Stila dry shampoo -jade blossom hair refresher in Watford branch a few weeks ago. Think it was a full size bottle. Bought one and it smells nice, but a bit like putting talc on your hair.
    HTH
    Is the Stila dry shampoo a spray or a powder you rub in?
  • dairy_lee
    dairy_lee Posts: 67 Forumite
    Options
    Its a powder. Not like batiste dry shampoo spray, more like talc which you brush through your hair. I have highlighted hair so it wasn't too bad on mine (and helped to cover my roots a bit!), but prob wouldnt work so well on dark hair.

It's this one: http://www.stilacosmetics.com/product/jade-blossom-hair-refresher.do

HTH
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure