<<<out of cheese error>>>

Options

Comments

• EssexHebridean
    Options
    Sounds like a nasty dose of lurgy Redo - hope you're back to full speed soon. And great news about the remortgage going through!

Another one here who hates present wrapping - anything even vaguely awkward shaped these days gets hurled straight into a gift bag with swathes of Poundland tissue paper!

Your beef stew & mash sounds delicious - what's for tea tonight then? :D
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    :eek: but I love wrapping presents, it's one of the nicest bits of Christmas! Thoughtfully chosen things turned into surprises with pretty co-ordinated paper and ribbons and getting to play at origami in the process!

Is it just me? Should I be offering a local service? :D

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    People are very inconsiderate spreading their lurgies around, they probably do it on purpose :mad::rotfl:
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hope you are feeling better today .
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,284 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    When wrapping presents, I always buy a Christmas tree decoration appropriate to the recipient and tie it to the gift string, for example for the grandkids I got some felt santas and was lucky enough to find a bauble with DILs name on in the pound shop. It just adds an extra touch and hopefully it might end up on their Christmas tree the following year. Having said that I'm not the best present wrapper, far too impatient!
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    That's a nice idea SA.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    That's a lovely idea SA!

Rosa - pretty sure you could make a living with that service! :D

Hope you're fully recovered today Redo!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • redofromstart
    Options
    SA - sounds lovely, I do like a collection of decorations that mean something
    Greenbee suggested gift bags and shredded tissue paper too EH but that would involve going shopping again.
    Rosa - I love a prettily presented, well wrapped parcel and I start off with such good intentions but by the tenth one I have lost the will to live.

Actually it's more being ill that is the issue rather than the volume of parcels this year, everything for the non-residents got delivered direct by Amzn which saved post office charges and hassle. I'll just need to do a couple at a time rather than all in a mad dash at midnight on Christmas Eve like many other years.

I'm confused. Easily done at the moment, but I finally have the letters from the new bank and it appears that the next mortgage payment isn't until 1st Feb, rather than the 1st Jan that I was expecting. Is that normal? It seems very wrong to me. I've never actually remortgaged before, usually move house instead :o

Jacket potatoes and the remains of the beef last night for those who ate. No idea yet for tonight.

The good news is that I can now drink black coffee without feeling sick. This has been quite traumatic for a confirmed addict so hurrah for coffee :beer:
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,142 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have they paid off the old mortgage? Or is the transition going through in January? I have to say I have no idea as I remortgaged with my existing provider (who worked out that they applied the change a month late so gave me some money back a couple of months later).

I haven't started wrapping yet. I need to get the shelves in and cleaned for the bookcase so I can start unpacking books. At the moment there is no way my aunt can come and stay on boxing day as there is nowhere for her to sleep. (There is also nowhere for anyone to sit as I got rid of the sofabed, but I don't necessarily see that as a major issue right now. There's room for me...)
  • redofromstart
    Options
    The negative balance is showing on new banks account, can't access the old bank online. The legal people emailed to say it has gone through and to cancel the old direct debit which I have done. I don't like not being in control! Worst case is I make a January over payment of the usual monthly amount, the idea was to reduce debt not add to it by missing a month.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback