Wedding budget advice

2»

Comments

• pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,980 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    michelle09 wrote: »
    Transport wise - I was mainly thinking for the couple / to and from photos. Also that will depend on how remote your venue is. If it's a long way from public transport and you have a number of non-driver coming then it's somewhere you could really help them out. I mostly suggest this because you seem to be really keen on looking after your guests.

When I got married a lot of my guests were non-drivers or going to be drinking so we had a 57 seater executive coach.. My auntie drove it, she picked up all the guests and then me last and drove us to the venue then on to the reception
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • michelle09 - that is a good point regarding transportation to the photos. I do believe that the photos will be taken at or around the venue in this case, but I will definitely double check!

The venue is about 15 minutes taxi ride from the nearest town/train station, so I imagine that most people who don!!!8217;t arrive by car will use that mode of transportation. The hotel has said that they can help order taxis as and when they are needed. In my mind, I am thinking that it will be difficult to arrange a more centralised transportation, as I think the guests will leave at very different times depending on the time of their trains/flights. Perhaps having a mini bus on hold is not a bad idea though, to take people in to town. It might be a nice touch actually - will look into it!

pigpen - as the ceremony, dinner and evening party is all at the same venue, and accommodation at the venue is provided for all guests, we don!!!8217;t require any such transportation on the day. If there are a lot of guests leaving at the same time the day after, however, something similar to what you mention might be an idea to take them to the train station.

Again - thank you all for this very fruitful conversation!
  • Are you including the registrar costs anywhere?

If not then that will be extra £400-£600ish depending on who your registrar is. You will need £35/person to give notice of the wedding, £4/copy of marriage certificate plus how ever much the registrar charges to come out for the ceremony.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure