IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Nurses in Cardiff NHS face huge bills

Comments

• softwaremad
    softwaremad Posts: 154 Forumite
    How much do we need to raise in total for an effective fund ?

Not entirely sure to be honest with you. However first barrister offered for assessment and report £2.5k that's without representation so we realised that the funding would not stretch.

I was hoping That we could achieve £30k in a flash and that lots would be left over to help out with other sites suffering the similar situations.
  • Sicard
    Sicard Posts: 851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    All 16 unions were involved in the decisions and have refused point blank to assist their members. Stating that it is not a work related issue.

They have been told forcefully to pay up. I have tried making contact to get someone out of region to come in and assist but they want members to contact them independently.

Good luck with that lol. Seriously a bit of common sense. Send someone down hold one or two meetings to assist hundreds in one go

I bet the executive members of the unions are paid a handsome wage and very probably don't give a tinker's cuss for their members.
    You know what uranium is, right? It's this thing called nuclear weapons. And other things. Like lots of things are done with uranium. Including some bad things.
    Donald Trump, Press Conference, February 16, 2017

• System
    System Posts: 178,089 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I bet the executive members of the unions are paid a handsome wage and very probably don't give a tinker's cuss for their members.

The union were instrumental in getting the first wave of claims (12/2015) cancelled which meant that any ticket prior to April 2016 were wiped. The parking charge was reduced from £50 to £20 too.

The issue here is not the charge itself but the costs that ZZPS/WH have attempted to add on - and "events" have not helped the case.
  • The union were instrumental in getting the first wave of claims (12/2015) cancelled which meant that any ticket prior to April 2016 were wiped. The parking charge was reduced from £50 to £20 too.

The issue here is not the charge itself but the costs that ZZPS/WH have attempted to add on - and "events" have not helped the case.

Perhaps it's all very hushed up though and no one is talking about it.what I do know is that there are staff with ccj's for
    That period also. Those tickets have not all
    Been cancelled are they ! They are actually logged as suspended not cancelled contrary to all coverage submitted by the board and indigo when trying to offset negative publicity. They should never have issued court claims in the past regardless as not explicit authority was issued
  • System
    System Posts: 178,089 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    They are actually logged as suspended not cancelled contrary to all coverage submitted by the board and indigo when trying to offset negative publicity.

Just checked - you are correct. So there is an arrangement that has not seen the light of day about what "suspend" actually meant.
  • Suspend by definition means that something can be unsuspended.
    Much about this entire debacle to come to light.

How far does the corruption and back handers for the boys reach ?

The more I see about this industry the more I detest it. Not one decent parking management firm amongst them.

Just today I have someone making contact with claim form from parking eye operating on another site of this same healthboard. Signage was not in place their registration system did not function yet they have now gained a ccj against a patient that went in with severe pain and bleeding. This health board are beyond a joke
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,275 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Good for you, softwaremad - don't give up. The appeal is worth the fight.

To other posters, the above poster is the lady you saw in the news items.

Just to repeat, almost £5,000 has been raised via the crowdfunding appeal, but more may be needed for legal fees. Thanks to all who chipped in already, and any further donations welcome here:

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/nhsvindigo

Please help - maybe just because you have been helped by this forum.

Newbies who have won your case, please assist a worthy cause for appeal funding for a barrister and the associated costs - even the transcript of the *car crash* decision by this Judge would cost hundreds.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Good for you, softwaremad - don't give up. The appeal is worth the fight.

To other posters, the above poster is the lady you saw in the news items.

Just to repeat, almost £5,000 has been raised via the crowdfunding appeal, but more may be needed for legal fees. Thanks to all who chipped in already, and any further donations welcome here:

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/nhsvindigo

Please help - maybe just because you have been helped by this forum.

Newbies who have won your case, please assist a worthy cause for appeal funding for a barrister and the associated costs - even the transcript of the *car crash* decision by this Judge would cost hundreds.

Thank you so much for your support coupon mad and what an absolute pleasure to be in your realm. Derek has many a good word regarding your knowledge and a lot of respect for you. I on behalf of the staff am forever in your debt for the support you have offered and actually very humbled by it.

Don't be too hard on the judge. I think she is a very decent woman and the loss has in a bizarre way assisted us to get help and funding from the general public. I have no doubt that she ruled with the law as she saw fit. I also have no doubt that we were played by the claimant. I'll let you know as soon as we work out if that was actually indigo as protested or in fact the dubious firm ZZPS that many thousands of victims nationwide also detest. It seems the only support that ZZPS has is from the British parking association ltd, let us not forget it is a private organisation. And one as they have said themselves is not a regulatory body they are merely a membership organisation with no oomph to ensure that their so called members comply with the code of practice that is endorsed by the DVLA.

This industry urgently needs a regulatory body. Something above the IPC LTD & BPA LTD. A modicum of
    Fairness that is not currently in place for all of the motorists and keepers that have and are victims of unfair parking charges.

Kudos coupon mad x
  • softwaremad
    softwaremad Posts: 154 Forumite
    edited 11 August 2017 at 10:47AM
    We also have a thunderclap in progress. Something to
    Do with a message going out to all supporters at the same time to maybe get it noticed. I believe it is a Facebook and twitter thing.

https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/59870-notfinenotfair-nhsripoff

Click on the link then press the support button if you can please.

Edit as link was incorrect - apologies I suck at this
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    We also have a thunderclap in progress. Something to
    Do with a message going out to all supporters at the same time to maybe get it noticed. I believe it is a Facebook and twitter thing.

https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/59870-notfinenotfair-nhsripoff

Click on the link then press the support button if you can please.

Edit as link was incorrect - apologies I suck at this

Done - for both my FB and TW accounts. :) (I don't have Tumblr).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure