PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Agent's requirements before offering

2»

Comments

• robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Remember the vendor has a contract with the agent, not you. The agent is just a go between as far as you are concerned.

You don't HAVE to show them anything, although obviously if you are proceedable you should show them proof.

Now the vendor may refuse your offer if you don't play the agent's games, but that's his loss.

If I had a shirty agent, I would make sure by contacting the vendor directly that my offer had been passed on - the vendor can dictate terms to the agent.
  • Xoxu
    Xoxu Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 12 March 2017 at 11:32AM
    flashg67 wrote: »
    If the agent is TPOS registered, read this before your next chat with them - sections 9 & 10

That link takes me to a 404 page... I found it through Google though! I particularly like point 9c :rotfl:.
  • davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Xoxu wrote: »
    That link takes me to a 404 page

That's because there was a space in the link - this should work.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure