IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPC private parking charge

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,614 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    I can't find a way to post an image of the signs. They are in the WORD doc I have created. I will download the links and insert the text in the final copy. I'm not allowed to include the links in this post.

Change the URL to hxxp at the start, instead of http.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • joncass
    joncass Posts: 21 Forumite
    Coupon-mad,
    Thanks, I tried your suggestion but got an error message saying that as a new member I cannot post links at all!
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    correct , which is why you change the url from http to hxxp before pressing enter in your reply

ie:- change it from a live link to a dead link

its live links that you are not allowed to post by MSE
  • joncass
    edited 6 June 2017 at 7:01PM
    h**p//flickr.com/photos/155621929@N03/shares/095D11

Right! I think that's it, I guess you know how to make it live again. That should be an image of the sign and it's inadequate font size for the charge itself.
    In addition BMPA have advised that it is a 'forbidding' sign and that I should add that to my POPLA appeal.

Any thoughts?
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    you deleted the colon as well, but I sorted it for you

https://www.flickr.com/photos/155621929@N03/shares/095D11

now dont tell me that wasnt easy to do , lol ?

if they have said these are forbidding signs, then yes defintely find suitable wording and add it to your appeal
  • Coupon-mad
    joncass wrote: »
    h**p//flickr.com/photos/155621929@N03/shares/095D11

Right! I think that's it, I guess you know how to make it live again. That should be an image of the sign and it's inadequate font size for the charge itself.
    In addition BMPA have advised that it is a 'forbidding' sign and that I should add that to my POPLA appeal.

Any thoughts?

That photo looks like one you took, as it's clearer than any UKPC photo!

I would instead use UKPC's own blurred photos from their website, use them against them, like this guy is:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5660608

Show us your POPLA draft, although you will have to remove the links from the template appeal points that are taken from post #3 of the NEWBIES thread (and of course, your actual appeal PDF will have to show all embedded photos and all full links, for POPLA to see).
  • Hi advise needed. My daughter has received a County Court Legal Action Case Preparation letter from First Parking LLP for parking 10 minutes before she should have at Winchester Uni. Have trying to find out if she should pay or not. They are asking for £185!!. This is due by 19th June so we need to get sorted. Many Thanks in advance.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Hi advise needed. My daughter has received a County Court Legal Action Case Preparation letter from First Parking LLP for parking 10 minutes before she should have at Winchester Uni. Have trying to find out if she should pay or not. They are asking for £185!!. This is due by 19th June so we need to get sorted. Many Thanks in advance.

Hi, firstly read the NEWBIES thread and then start your own thread
    for help. This thread is about UKPC
  • joncass
    Hi Coupon-Mad,
    My POPLA was posted on this thread on 5/6/17. I will add the links and photos this evening and add a piece about 'forbidding ´ signage.
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 7 June 2017 at 7:05PM
    Do we assume you actually named the driver and/or ticked 'driver' when you appealed, because you followed the EMBARRASSINGLY AWFUL (AND DAMAGING TO PEOPLE'S CHANCES OF SUCCESS) MSE article 'template' on appealing private PCNs and saying some old tosh like 'the reason why I parked as I did...'?

Such a shame, if you lose this POPLA appeal then MSE lost it for you (not this forum).

No NTK arriving would have been fatal (when a keeper appeals to a windscreen PCN) and we have told MSE that. Over recent months I have emailed MSE Megan, and before that had pm exchanges with MSE Marcel, begging them to remove the terrible *advice* that suggests people actually say who was driving the blinking vehicle, thus losing people's POPLA appeals for them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure