Wii Console With FIFA 09 & Mario Kart for £179.99 at Blockbusters

Options

Comments

• SweetiePie_2
    Options
    Many thanks to Snowbrow for this.

I did the same as honeymonster08 and swapped Fifa 09 for Wii Play.

An absolute bargain and over the moon!! The kids are now sorted for Xmas

Thanks again
  • ^!£$&
    ^!£$& Posts: 1,929 Forumite
    Options
    glad to be of help bet you'll have some very happy kids on xmas day!!
  • Andrea07money
    Options
    I went to BB today, and asked to trade in fifa09 for wii play, they said no problem. Fifa09 and Wii play both retail at £34.99, so the guy behind the counter said I will do a straight swap. - I was well chuffed. :D

Nintendo Wii inc Wii Sports
    Mario Kart Inc Wheel
    Wii Play inc extra controller
    all for £179.99

So a big thanks to 'Snowbrow' for alerting me and fellow savers of the offer coming available. - That's the boys chrissie present sorted !! :T

Can I ask which branches of bb you went to, to get these swapped over as I have just been to my local one and they would not let me swap it all! Thought its a bit strange that they do it in some stores and not others!

And not sure if everyone is aware but its not just this weekend apparently its till this friday - well this is what the store manager said at my local one anyway.:rolleyes:
  • honeymonster68
    Options
    Can I ask which branches of bb you went to, to get these swapped over as I have just been to my local one and they would not let me swap it all! Thought its a bit strange that they do it in some stores and not others!

And not sure if everyone is aware but its not just this weekend apparently its till this friday - well this is what the store manager said at my local one anyway.:rolleyes:

Hi Andrea,
    I went to Blockbusters in Hereford. - The man said that they were short of Fifa09 to sell at full price, so that is why he did a straight swap. I don't think it was the normal thing to do, I guess I was lucky on the day. - Maybe you could try again when there appears to be a younger member of staff on and try your luck. HTH.
  • Andrea07money
    Options
    Hi Andrea,
    I went to Blockbusters in Hereford. - The man said that they were short of Fifa09 to sell at full price, so that is why he did a straight swap. I don't think it was the normal thing to do, I guess I was lucky on the day. - Maybe you could try again when there appears to be a younger member of staff on and try your luck. HTH.

ah right, thanks for that - will try my luck and see!
  • Fratton
    Fratton Posts: 132 Forumite
    Options
    A big thank you to Snowbrow for this post.

Went to BB this morning, they wouldn't swap Fifa for WiiPlay so just paid the £12.99 extra. I'm delighted, it's all hidden in the wardrobe until Christmas Eve, my little boy will be over the moon!!
  • mamazaac
    mamazaac Posts: 659 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Snowbrow, great post thank you. One post on here says the offer was for the weekend only and one post says it's on until Friday. Please can you confirm which is right? Thanks in advance.
  • manchestman
    Options
    Just looked on site and Blockbuster offer appears to be over. They are now selling console + play for £179.99
    I have gained from advice as well as bargains here, so if I can help in any way, I am only too pleased to do so and appreciate your thanks.
  • sassysare
    Options
    I spoke to a manager on saturday and he said it was for 10 days or when stock runs out, whichever is sooner.

ps i couldn't see the offer anywhere on the site! How did you find it?!
  • ^!£$&
    ^!£$& Posts: 1,929 Forumite
    Options
    I'm pretty sure its til this friday 31st oct but originally it was only until yesterday but they have decided to extend the offer!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure