PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

iam-sold.co.uK , Is it a serious online acution for properties ?

Options

Comments

• somethingcorporate
    Options
    You've come on to ramp and promote a service you have a vested interest in.

evidently you're biased and your opinion cannot be impartially relied upon.

hence spam.
    Thinking critically since 1996....
  • googler
    googler Posts: 16,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Non-refundable only after you have agreed to buy the property, this is to prevents time wasters. A good thing.

So why hasn't this good practice been adopted long since by the non-auction housing market?
  • harrys_dad
    harrys_dad Posts: 1,997 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    how can this be spam? I cant even post a link :)

My son's father in law owns a chain of estate agents, they are really good. Oh, and they also organise auctions. Shall I send a link too? This is a serious discussion board not an advertising agency.

One good thing, anyone googling i-am sold will shortly find this thread well towards the top of the searches.
  • harrys_dad
    Options
    website has the full address details on the Contact Us page funnily enough

True, it does. Shame I did not spend enough time on the web site to find it.
  • harrys_dad
    Options
  • googler
    googler Posts: 16,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    harrys_dad wrote: »
    My son's father in law owns a chain of estate agents, they are really good. Oh, and they also organise auctions. Shall I send a link too? This is a serious discussion board not an advertising agency.

One good thing, anyone googling i-am sold will shortly find this thread well towards the top of the searches.

Aw, why not. Here's another post to keep it at the top of MSE, so that google can help the public look at all views of this 'method' ....
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    "18. A wolf in sheep’s clothing
    Falsely claiming or creating the impression that the
    trader is not acting for purposes relating to his/her trade,
    business, craft or profession, or falsely representing
    oneself as a consumer."

and a LAW you're may be breaking if you work or own the company.

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/cpregs/oft979.pdf
  • Werdnal
    Werdnal Posts: 3,780 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 8 August 2013 at 1:09PM
    Options
    googler wrote: »
    Aw, why not. Here's another post to keep it at the top of MSE, so that google can help the public look at all views of this 'method' ....

How do you think the OP found it in the first place? S/He is Googling every possible mention of the company and joined the forum for a first post to re-activate a 4 month old thread just to recommend them. Claiming to know someone who works there does not present a recommendation for their services anyway - I know several 2nd hand car salesman, but wouldn't buy a car off them!

Shouts spam all day in my book and I have hit the Spam button a couple of times but mods seem a bit slow today!

TBH, a very poor way to market a company - if they have to stoop so low as to seek out FREE advertising space by breaching forum rules here and trying to justify their apparent "recommendation", they must be cheapskate scammers out to make a quick buck by avoiding more costly and creditable advertising routes! Not a good look for what OP is claiming to be a "reputable" company ...
  • MobileSaver
    MobileSaver Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    googler wrote: »

The simple fact that the minimum fee is £6000 (Six THOUSAND pounds!) would definitely lead me to warn friends and family to avoid iam-sold and similar "Modern Method of Auction" schemes.
    Every generation blames the one before...
    Mike + The Mechanics - The Living Years
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Werdnal wrote: »
    How do you think the OP found it in the first place? S/He is Googling every possible mention of the company and joined the forum for a first post to re-activate a 4 month old thread just to recommend them. Claiming to know someone who works there does not present a recommendation for their services anyway - I know several 2nd hand car salesman, but wouldn't buy a car off them!

Shouts spam all day in my book and I have hit the Spam button a couple of times but mods seem a bit slow today!

TBH, a very poor way to market a company - if they have to stoop so low as to seek out FREE advertising space by breaching forum rules here and trying to justify their apparent "recommendation", they must be cheapskate scammers out to make a quick buck by avoiding more costly and creditable advertising routes! Not a good look for what OP is claiming to be a "reputable" company ...

Ironic you pointing that out to him/her
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport