Rambling on...

Comments

• Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,029 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    It's good that you are supporting them as best you can. You will get there.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Just wanted to say good luck to you. I think the things that happened to you could so easily happen to anyone. All the best.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Thank you all for your support.
    I will try and post an update each day when I can.
    All the highs n lows
    Please feel free to pop in and see how i'm doing offer words of support, advice etc
    I know I WILL get through this...
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • UncannyScot
    Browsing at breakfast... thought i'd pop on and list my to-dos

Not in any particular order but what needs doing anyway...

Finish breakfast and browsing.

Finish the housework;
    Washing
    Cleaning / Tidying up etc

Pop into town to pick up a few things for dinner etc

Prepare things for work tomorrow...

Then relax a bit and read or watch something.

I was glad of being able to post a helpful comment last night regarding broadband use for lobsta100 :D

If I can help other folks as well as get my own stuff in order that's good, right?

I may have to look at replacing / retiring this old laptop :(
    the keyboard has started acting up and missing keystrokes... borrowed a spare keyboard from a friend who has suggested popping into a local secondhand shop and getting a good PC she'd seen there for £80, decent build and condition and not too old, 6 months warranty on it as well...
    Maybe, maybe...

Well, up and at it. Finished my breakfast, off to hit the chores...

Be back later.
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • UncannyScot
    Not long back from town and thought I'd post a wee update.

Finished all the chores YAY
    Prepped for work tomorrow
    Bought the odds n sods needed to prepare dinner for later

I checked out the PC my friend recommended (the shop was shut but it was on display in the window) and it does look like a good deal... when I get paid I may either put a down payment on it or buy it outright... if it's still there...

Time for a cuppa and a catch up on the boards :D
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • moneyfacts
    moneyfacts Posts: 67 Forumite
    Hi Scott
    Sounds like you have made a good few steps forward. I presume you have ensured all your bills are on the best deals and you have no unnecessary direct debits (when you move your bank across). You should then start a budget, maybe put some money away on payday etc.
  • UncannyScot
    Hi moneyfacts
    Thanks for posting.

I am on the cheapest Virgin Media package for home phone, broadband and TV (Player package - discounted til Dec)
    I have a sim only mobile deal (also Virgin)
    Unfortunately Gas and Elec are on PAYG meters and the supplier (British Gas) does not appear to be in any hurry to switch them to smart meters for me :(

I am taking steps to reduce where I can and save as much money as I can.
    Have seen some folks mention having an emergency fund so I am going to put one together
    I hope to be able to get through all this and deal with everything as soon as possible.
    Folks on here have been great and I really feel supported in the short time I've been here
    Thanks everyone :D
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,571 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Browsing at breakfast... thought i'd pop on and list my to-dos

Not in any particular order but what needs doing anyway...

Finish breakfast and browsing.

Finish the housework;
    Washing
    Cleaning / Tidying up etc

Pop into town to pick up a few things for dinner etc

Prepare things for work tomorrow...

Then relax a bit and read or watch something.

I was glad of being able to post a helpful comment last night regarding broadband use for lobsta100 :D

Enjoying your diary, you seem very upbeat. Well done!:T
    This jumped out at me. Generally speaking, buying a few bits can be an expensive way of buying food. It's a good idea to make a plan for the week and buy it in one hit especially if you can go to Aldi or Lidl. If you have freezer space then cooking your own home made ready meals (like pasta sauce or chilli) is healthy and good value for money.
  • UncannyScot
    Thank you :D

I'm trying to stay positive about everything.

I do plan and bulk buy from ALDI & LIDL. The few things I needed were fresh ingredients...salad and herbs ;D

Glad you appreciate my diary. Hope folks can get ideas and inspiration from me and I from them
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • UncannyScot
    Friend has suggested that I get a cat... a wee fur baby, she said...

I love cats and my friend has four of them which I adore and they love me too... I think... well as much as cats can love anyone... I feed them sometimes, so, I suppose I'm like, tolerated...

I'm not sure though... I live in a flat and wouldn't be able to let it out, not fair on the cat...

I've had several cats myself over the years and they've all been able to come and go.
    My favorite was my old tabby called Cheeky... a hell of a good hunter but he was a big softy with me and was great to have curled up asleep at foot of my bed was I was a lad. He was 16 when he passed, asleep at my feet when I were 19... cried for weeks after, lost my wee pal...

Have had two others Vic n Bob, yeah after the comedy duo... two brothers from same litter, they were mental... Bob passed first after losing an arguement with a car aged 11 and Vic passed two years after that from a heart condition...

Not had any others since...

Arrrrrgggghhhhhhh... would love one but how could I keep them safe here?
    R.I.P. T.P.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure