PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Monday 17 October 2016

13»

Comments

• Hello all, late again, though I've been up since 4.30. Been quite busy and have just had a sandwich with leftover chicken.

Very cold here and I have had to put heating on as stuff is not drying. Need to stick another load on the airer, clean that dratted bathroom YET AGAIN and iron some clothes for work. Then a toad in the hole to make for dinner, with ridiculous amount of sausages plus some added chicken for son.

I had a great charity shop find the other day, went in to get a book to read on the train and found that they had two lots of 4 Wendy Flower garden which I loved using but has been out of production for many years so snaffled both lots quick. I remember this being quite expensive but I spent £2.98 for 8 balls.

I am getting really cold even with the heating, better grab another layer!
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    The dri buddy has got a big load of laundry dry in a few hours so am trying to move it out of the bedroom and down the hall but first need to move two large boxes for dd and husband to pick up.

Dishwasher needs emptying and tidy up of kitchen before I sort out recycling for tomorrow. Home made soup in fridge for lunch and planning egg and low fat chips for tonight and a fairly lazy day reading a book.

Dumpling

Could you play some upbeat music or watch a tv comedy to lift your mood?

Hugs to all
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I managed to finish knitting the back of my cardigan last night. :T There's still a long way to go; I'd like to have it for this winter, but I may have to settle for next. :D
    I've found a good way of getting it done - ok background first, we always record any programmes we want to see, in order to a) watch them when it's convenient, and b) fast-forward through the advert breaks.
    Now, the only thing is, quite a few of the programmes Mr LW likes, I consider to be a load of tosh (among other things) so when he puts one of those on, I can grab my knitting, tune the wretched programme out, and he still thinks I'm watching it with him. Win-win, eh? :rotfl:This is, of course, what happened last night. ;) He put the last remaining programme on the recording box on to play while we had dins, it was only half over by the time we'd eaten, so I spent 25 mins or so knitting. :o
    The only down side is at present there's only two programmes a week he wants, so that doesn't present a lot of knitting time. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    DD make a delicious pud at Christmas its brandy snaps stuffed with a cheesecake mixture and melted chocolate drizzled over the top, very naughty but extremely moreish,
  • Ohhhh plenty of lovely suggestions.

I've always wanted to make Baileys cheesecake actually. I found a quick and easy sticky toffee pudding recipe on BBC which I'm tempted by. I'll decide tonight.
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,028 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    The insulation blokes 'late morning' is turning into 'late afternoon'. They have rung twice now, both times putting me back because of bad traffic- they are coming from Sunderland but I can't see any evidence of traffic delays from there to here.

The sun shines brightly and beautifully for twenty mins and then we have terrible rain showers. There's also a lot of military planes zooming around, think there's an exercise somewhere on the west coast.

Been to the shops, mainly for cream to go with the donated apple crumble some of which I've just had. Delicious it was too.

I've made the chorizo and chicken thighs concoction, only spoiled by realising that the meat is skinless and so mostly tasteless. The chorizo will have given over a lovely taste though.

I've done some online chores - emails and so on - and managed to send some monies to the right organisation but the wrong account number! The lovely agent assured me that it'll still end up in my account as she's made a note on the 'slush fund'. I also ordered some glac! cherries from Ama*on but choose four packets rather than one. It's very hard to get either green angelica or green glac! cherries any more and I need them for some stuff I want to make as gifts. At least they'll keep! EDIT - what's wrong with g l a c e ??

My new improved ash vacuum is just brilliant, much lighter and quieter than my previous one so I'm chuffed with that purchase.

Nothing else just now, just waiting for men! Story of my life really...
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I've always wanted to make Baileys cheesecake actually.
    I quite fancy eating a Baileys cheesecake.... what time should I come over? :rotfl::p
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • The more the merrier!!! I'm sure this thread would have a lovely time if we all sat round a table and enjoyed a cuppa with some sweet things.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure