Clothing collection in Irthlingborough,Northants-any info anyone?

This is quite a random post and will be amazed if anyone can help me, but a few weeks ago I had a flier come through my door regarding a local company in Irthlingborough who collect unwanted clothes etc and pay 40p a Kg and then distribute them to charities. I have had a massive clearout but cannot find the flier anywhere.

I don't suppose there is anyone who lives in this area that has the number? A long shot I know, but worth a try!

Comments

• COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 15 June 2010 at 8:50AM
    just to clarify... they dont distribute them to charities if they are paying you. plus the majority of clothes you take into a charity shop is then sold on to rag merchants, again not given abroad... they are sold on to other countries by the rag merchant

best thing to do is look under the recycling catagory in your yellow business directory, and phone and ask....if they pay....

The price per kg varies from area to area, and what they will take, you might find the higher price per kg paid is only for top end clothes, where as someone offering a lower price per kg, will take bedding, towels, curtains etc...so overall you will be better off taking the lower price per kg, as you are also selling the heavier bedding etc too
    Work to live= not live to work
  • Anglea
    Anglea Posts: 7,204 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I've got a flier for them if you still need the info. I live in the West so they must operate all over. There is an email also.
  • Anglea
    Do a search on Cash4Clothes, they've got a website, the link didn't come out when I tried posting it.
  • pammyj74
    pammyj74 Posts: 3,290 Forumite
    is it this?
    It does state its for charity, not sure how true that is.
    MPs left feb '08 276- Dec 13 36 :T MB Jan 10 ~ £82,377 Dec 13 ~ £29987
    EMFD was Feb 32 :eek: NOW Dec 2013 its Dec 2016
    MF new target Dec 16 REACHED!! :j
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,819 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Only a part of it will (might) go to charity, who do you think pays them. It all comes out of the sale of the clothes
    and the charity get a tiny proportion of whats left of the profit.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • Anglea
    The leaflet i've got is for someone else and the items get sent abroad. I've got the phone number/email if wanted.
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    pammyj74 wrote: »
    is it this?
    It does state its for charity, not sure how true that is.

some Rag merchants 'attach' themselves to charities, and give them a very small donation or amount per kg for using their logos for endorsing their recycling work, sprat to catch a mackerel springs to mind...
    Work to live= not live to work
  • I've got a leaflet for Cash4 Clothes - email: [EMAIL="book@ecexport.com"]book@ecexport.com[/EMAIL] tel:01708 689986 text (address & postcode to): 07517682548

No idea if they give to charity or what happens but I'm about to book a collection so will see how it goes!
  • Fro-ald
    Fro-ald Posts: 478 Forumite
    Hi
    Is this what you were looking at? - it is based in Station Road, Irthlingborough. It states that they export the clothes to mainly Eastern Europe and "By selling your clothes to us and giving the money directly, your favourite charity will recieve up to TEN TIMES more than the normal charity bag collection donation!"
    I think this may mean that if you sell your clothes to them and then give the money you receive from them to your chosen charity (as opposed to giving the clothes to a charity bag collection instead) then your chosen charity benefits more this way round.

THANK YOU TO ALL WHO TAKE TIME TO POST COMPETITIONS :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport