The "Save 12k in 2015' Thread!

Comments

• chelseablue
    chelseablue Posts: 3,302 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I'm saving to move from my flat up to a house, the bigger deposit we can put down, the better!
  • Wilkos
    Wilkos Posts: 44 Forumite
    #69 declaring for June and July. I managed to save £1,500 in June and £1,580 in July (form completed). That takes me up to £7,967 for the year and I am now over half way towards my yearly target of £15,000. I think it will a bit touch and go whether I make it to the £15,000, but *if* I don't make it, I will be closer to £15,000 than last years £12,000 target! I would like a little holiday, so will see if I can get myself a good deal to save some money AND keep on track.

Good luck everyone with their savings...enjoy the weather!
    No. 47 Save £12k in 2018: £ ( %)
    No. 88 Save £10k in 2017: £10,000 (100%)
  • Glitterbaby
    Glitterbaby Posts: 221 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I managed to save £68 last month!

I know they might seem small amounts but am doing this slowly but surely to get the saving account looking healthier after moving into our first place. (used to be able to save much more when there was not so many bills) :D

You are aiming for the same savings target as me :)

I try and remember that anything I save is a bonus, and from little acorns, oak trees grow.
    £2 savers club #33
    1 debt vs 100 days ~ £193.19£500
  • No 047 reporting for June (where did those 6 months go?:eek:).

Total saved in June £1,419.02 taking total savings to £30,134.46.

Quite pleased that I've hit 58% of target at the half-way point.
    Save £12k in 2019 #85 £1,500/£15,000 (10%)
    "Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal" Henry Ford
  • Eco_Miser
    Eco_Miser Posts: 4,708 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    lisa110rry wrote: »
    I could say my pension, but who knows when I'll be able to retire and whether I'll want to when I can.

Most of all, I'm saving so that nothing can put me in debt if it goes wrong!
    I didn't know what I was saving for, then, made redundant at 58, I realised that I didn't need to look for another job. Indeed I could have retired years before.

Oh, and anyone who doesn't want to retire when they can afford to, either has an absolutely marvelous job, or a terrible life outside it.
    Eco Miser
    Saving money for well over half a century
  • Glitterbaby
    Glitterbaby Posts: 221 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Got paid from my freelance work today so have been able to move another £295 over to savings, meaning that I am nearly hitting 40% of my target.

Hoping for a few biggish quidco payouts soon too :D
    £2 savers club #33
    1 debt vs 100 days ~ £193.19£500
  • lisa110rry
    lisa110rry Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Eco_Miser wrote: »
    I didn't know what I was saving for, then, made redundant at 58, I realised that I didn't need to look for another job. Indeed I could have retired years before.

Oh, and anyone who doesn't want to retire when they can afford to, either has an absolutely marvelous job, or a terrible life outside it.

I guess I have a pretty good job, plenty of freedom between moments of stress, some good guys to work with (I work in construction on the commercial side). If I were home all day I think my analytical and communications skills might reduce because I would spend a lot of time in my garden!
    “And all shall be well. And all shall be well. And all manner of things shall be exceeding well.”
    ― Julian of Norwich
    In other words, Don't Panic!
  • Lomcevak
    Lomcevak Posts: 1,023 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Rather late, but declaring £1403.30 for June which takes me to just under £16k for the year so far.

For some reason I realized that it's been 30 months since I started doing these challenges (I started the 2012 one as well but had to drop out as life sent a different 'challenge' our way - a small building project suddenly uncovered issues that turned into a large building project!). That made me take a look back, and after going back through the spreadsheets for the last couple of years I found out that in the last 30 months i've managed to save £60,228.34 - so thank you slowlyfading for getting me started on the saving habit, i'm rather pleased with how it has turned out :)
    £40k-in-’23#18 £78,628.29/40,000 (196.57%)
  • slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429 Forumite
    Lomcevak wrote: »
    s I found out that in the last 30 months i've managed to save £60,228.34 - so thank you slowlyfading for getting me started on the saving habit, i'm rather pleased with how it has turned out :)
    That's a fantastic amount - well done you :) glad to be of help! ;)
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
  • slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429 Forumite
    Spreadsheet updated :)
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport