Employment law advice needed please.

Hello ,
I work for the NHS and my ward is closing , we will be offered other jobs etc and can re-apply for our own jobs to stay within the service we now work in which is great .
However I work nights due to caring at times for my mother , but no-one has night shift contracts and can be told to work any shifts which I understand. At a meeting yesterday someone mentioned that if you have worked nights for a certain lenght of time there is something in employment law stating that you have to be placed in nights in your new job for a while or be given the pay you would normally receive doing those shifts.
Is this right ? If so , how long do you have to have been working nights to qualify for this ?

Thanks.
Yep...still at it, working out how to retire early.:D....... Going to have to rethink that scenario as have been screwed over by the company. A work in progress.

Comments

• CAB_Malvern_Hills_representative
    CAB_Malvern_Hills_representative Posts: 153 Organisation Representative
    calicocat wrote: »
    Hello ,
    I work for the NHS and my ward is closing , we will be offered other jobs etc and can re-apply for our own jobs to stay within the service we now work in which is great .
    However I work nights due to caring at times for my mother , but no-one has night shift contracts and can be told to work any shifts which I understand. At a meeting yesterday someone mentioned that if you have worked nights for a certain lenght of time there is something in employment law stating that you have to be placed in nights in your new job for a while or be given the pay you would normally receive doing those shifts.
    Is this right ? If so , how long do you have to have been working nights to qualify for this ?

Thanks.

HI

This question is probably best addressed by the The Pay and Work Rights Helpline which provides help and advice on government-enforced employment rights including the rules regarding night work.

The contact details of the helpline are:-
    Pay and Work Rights Helpline
    Tel: 0800 917 2368
    Textphone: 0800 121 4042
    Email: available through a form on the website
    Official CAB Representative
    I am an official representative of CAB. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to questions on the CAB Board. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. If you believe I’ve broken any rules please report my post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com as usual"
  • calicocat
    calicocat Posts: 5,698 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Thanks very much for the info.
    Yep...still at it, working out how to retire early.:D....... Going to have to rethink that scenario as have been screwed over by the company. A work in progress.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure