UPS delivery via Ebay

I usually send by Royal Mail or Collect plus.

Just saw on ebay shutl delivery and an option for 1 day delivery with UPS is cheaper.

Can anyone advise me if they use this and any problems.

Thank you.

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,199 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    POPPYOSCAR wrote: »
    I usually send by Royal Mail or Collect plus.

Just saw on ebay shutl delivery and an option for 1 day delivery with UPS is cheaper.

Can anyone advise me if they use this and any problems.

Thank you.

I've used it a few times with no issues at all- my only problem is that the drop off shop is not as convenient for me as some of the others.

On my packages now I always list with ebay shutl 3-5 days offered as the free or first option and then choose whichever option suits me best when it sells. That way I cover the delays in 2nd class (as that is also a possibility via shutl- but I have my own business account) and I can also pick up on any short term offers like MyHermes did recently.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Thank you soolin.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    We use it for the next day service - it's a bargain and cheaper than anything we have on contract. It's almost always next day - depending on when you have the parcel ready. If the buyer isn't it, it's taken to their nearest access point which shows on the tracking. They then have 7 days (IIRC) to collect it.
  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,020 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I occasionally use UPS for posting larger items. If I was picking couriers the first and second choices would be UPS and DPD to both send and receive.

If you have a problem with a drop off shop for UPS you can request a collection on their website for a small fee (not familiar with the Shutl service so it may be there too).
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,218 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I also use UPS quite often. They are very reliable picking up and delivering the next working day.

What I have found a problem is dropping parcels at local shops that are access points. More often than not there was a days delay in parcels being picked up although they were left well before the cut off time. I had the same experience at several local shops that I tried.
  • POPPYOSCAR
    Thank you everyone for your replies, much appreciated.

I ended up using collect+ this time as they sent me an email for 10% discount.

Will give UPS a try next time.
  • If you send bulky ebay items they have smaller size limits than Hermes, I had a coolbox to send & even in a close fitting box it was a few cms too large. The size limit increases for higher weights, not until you go up to 15kg I think it is though. Also I find it odd that the ebay Shutl link says 1 day, but when you print the label it says 'standard service'. Clicking on the help link I wasn't able to find any clarification on delivery speed. I have used it when someone contacts me wanting a BIN urgently, & always point out it is not a guaranteed next day service.
  • How does it compare to the price of Hermes on lighter parcels?
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • POPPYOSCAR
    How does it compare to the price of Hermes on lighter parcels?

Perhaps someone has the answer as I do not know.

My parcel was nearly 4KG.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    UPS via Shutl is £60 compo and 24hr delivery:

0-2kg Sm - £5.35
    0-2kg Med - £5.55
    2-5kg - £5.65
    5-10kg - £5.74
    10-15kg - £6.49

For me it only works on the 2kg plus sizes.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure