HotUKDeals

Hi everyone,
I did a search but didn't find a mention for https://www.hotukdeals.com
It definitely deserves a mention. This site list loads of discount codes for many online shops. This includes grocery shopping for Tesco, Sainsburys and ASDA. I use it in conjunction with Quido and it works great. Let me know what you think of it.

Comments

• cmjohnson_86
    cmjohnson_86 Posts: 1,468 Forumite
    Yeah that camera and printer package on the front doesn't look bad either. Will have a scout around at other prices.. Thanks
  • LesD
    LesD Posts: 2,111 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hmmm...tried their Tesco code but it's not recognised!
  • mummysaver
    mummysaver Posts: 3,119 Forumite
    Hi there, thanks this looks like an interesting site, I'll have to browse through it later.
    GC Oct £387.69/£400, GC Nov £312.58/£400, GC Dec £111.87/£400
  • Alison_B
    Alison_B Posts: 2,124 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    How does this work? Saw a router that we were interested in and it said it was £57 including delivery. Clicked on the link but it took it up to £60 plus £5 postage.
  • abijanzo
    abijanzo Posts: 857 Forumite
    This site is ALWAYS being referred to on the online discount codes board...it's been around for ages and has some great codes although they are sometimes out of date.
    I think MSE discount codes board is more useful for up to date codes but HotUKDeals does make codes easier to find.
  • Den
    Den Posts: 432 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    You don't earn any extra money if you click on their links :(
    Have you got something to share - Do it.
    When you don't know - Ask.
  • fordy86
    fordy86 Posts: 87 Forumite
    Alison_B:
    Unfortunately HotUKDeals (HUKD) simply acts as a middle person. People submit the deal link to us which we then add onto the website. The merchant can of course change the price at their end or indeed in many occassions runs out of stock. We simply point people to the direction of the particular deal.

LesD:
    The Tesco code is going through stages of being accepted then rejected - it may have finally been pulled, however Tesco codes to have the habit of becoming active again.

abijanzo:
    True that MSE has more hits than HUKD, however we do believe that codes are posted on HUKD as soon as we can. Usually codes are posted in the Hot Deals forum before being added onto the Voucher list. Although I do not wish to cause any upset to MSE or tread on their patch, we do believe the Voucher section is highly easy to use and locate a code for the specific merchant you are looking for. We do frequently check the validity of the codes as well as member being able to report the code as not working.

Den:
    HUKD does not recieve donations. We are a free site and in order to keep the site afloat, along with many other similar sites, we do use affiliated links to earn us commission. Most times the deals we post save you much more than we actually recieve in commisson. We do point out and include Quidco and other cashback sites when we list the deals. AMost deals are accessible via cashback sites which earn you money - we post the link to the direct page of the deal for your convenience inluding the affiliate link.

I hope this answers some of your questions.

Fordy
    Voucher Mod.
    hotukdeals.com
  • DEMO_3
    DEMO_3 Posts: 69 Forumite
    yeah ... looks good, tho ive never used it .. yet anyway !

there are other sites which list similar things ie new offers etc...

the one ive been using (and just a few weeks ago saved around £140) was from https://www.beforeitsgone.co.uk on a new dyson dc11.

i did see this on this MSE site also but saw it after i had already purchased it. Now considering that beforeitsgone didnt make any money from my purchase (as i purchased it direct from store) it does list many offers (and UNIQUE OFFERS at times too) so WE save money, its not just there to make commision.

so thats another site thats saved me money aswell as MSE.

the more sites like this that appear, the better off we are in terms of money saved !!!

but there are ive seen some sites which just place any and every offer on their site just to make commision.... which is not a "unique or special" offer (ie if we just hunted ourselves we'd find the same offer just as easily)

other sites i use most often when i see offers ON at MSE or beforeitsgone (just to double check the price) are :

https://www.kelkoo.co.uk
    https://www.pricerunner.co.uk

they give you the latest online price comparisons from major retailers !! prety nifty i think ?!
  • bluenose1
    bluenose1 Posts: 2,660 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hi,
    although my favourite is of course MSE I also visit hotukdeals and rpoints.
    I have found them both very useful for giving discount codes and excellent deals.
    I prefer MSE as there is more variety ie the Moneysaving Old Style etc which I love to read. MSE also has a nice community spirit (with the rare exception.)

My biggest complaint is that it is addictive and I spend far too long on this site.

Regards
    Anne
    Money SPENDING Expert

• Please be aware that HUKD makes (maybe a lot) money being middle person. The initial poster maybe HUKD moderator. They are popular and still generate more traffic by posting on popular forums

You will always find a Dell laptop/dekstop deal on their front page, how much money is Dell paying HUKD every month? Sorry for being too cynical.
    fordy86 wrote: »
    Alison_B:
    Unfortunately HotUKDeals (HUKD) simply acts as a middle person. People submit the deal link to us which we then add onto the website. The merchant can of course change the price at their end or indeed in many occassions runs out of stock. We simply point people to the direction of the particular deal.

LesD:
    The Tesco code is going through stages of being accepted then rejected - it may have finally been pulled, however Tesco codes to have the habit of becoming active again.

abijanzo:
    True that MSE has more hits than HUKD, however we do believe that codes are posted on HUKD as soon as we can. Usually codes are posted in the Hot Deals forum before being added onto the Voucher list. Although I do not wish to cause any upset to MSE or tread on their patch, we do believe the Voucher section is highly easy to use and locate a code for the specific merchant you are looking for. We do frequently check the validity of the codes as well as member being able to report the code as not working.

Den:
    HUKD does not recieve donations. We are a free site and in order to keep the site afloat, along with many other similar sites, we do use affiliated links to earn us commission. Most times the deals we post save you much more than we actually recieve in commisson. We do point out and include Quidco and other cashback sites when we list the deals. AMost deals are accessible via cashback sites which earn you money - we post the link to the direct page of the deal for your convenience inluding the affiliate link.

I hope this answers some of your questions.

Fordy
    Voucher Mod.
    hotukdeals.com
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills