Staff Discount cards - How much do you save?

Options

Comments

• worriedfirsttimebuyer
    Options
    At Somerfield, I used to get 10% discount card and one for my mum too, rising to 20% in Christmas period.

Now I am a schoolteacher, I get nowt! Except 10% discount in Staples, and get to go on school trips for free - sometimes exotic locations, sometimes not...

OH works for BT, gets broadband for £10/month taken straight from his wages.
  • stressedoutmum
    Options
    Homebase staff get 20% discount - but 10% on consumer electrics ie telly, video, dvd etc. Can't be used in conjunction with the 10-20% off days they have for the general public or family and friends. They also get 10% off at Argos.
  • joannemc3
    Options
    hmmm i work for the local council and get .................... nothing !!! ... zilch discount on anything ....... ha ha ha ha
  • pavlovs_dog
    pavlovs_dog Posts: 10,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Homebase staff get 20% discount - but 10% on consumer electrics ie telly, video, dvd etc. Can't be used in conjunction with the 10-20% off days they have for the general public or family and friends. They also get 10% off at Argos.

lol same her, 10% at argos, 20% at homebase, and a whole range of discounts and benefits via a special website
    know thyself
    Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
  • derbylady
    derbylady Posts: 540 Forumite
    Options
    i work for the threshers group in one of there off licences and get 20% off wine, beer, sweets and snacks and 5% off spirits which isnt much unless they are on a deal which is then ok otherwise expensive. plus the advantage of buying any very very cheap beer if ending date is near :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :rotfl:
    :dance: :dance: :dance:
  • adminannie
    Options
    Hi I work for B & Q and get 20% off everything and once a year a 30% for 1 week. a very good discount Annie
  • Jarlawuk
    Jarlawuk Posts: 555 Forumite
    Options
    I work for Phones 4 u and I get 50% off the line rental on o2 and T-mobile, 40% off vodafone and orange.
  • chudies
    chudies Posts: 262 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i work for the nhs, and the only one i remember is nando's give you a discount when you show your ID
    also the comedy club in london (got to pretend you are nurse though!)

any other places?
    :grouphug: Lets hug!! :grouphug:
  • nads
    nads Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    chudies wrote:
    i work for the nhs, and the only one i remember is nando's give you a discount when you show your ID
    also the comedy club in london (got to pretend you are nurse though!)

any other places?

don't forget dixons & pcworld :D

I get 35%, lots of free toys n stuff, free tickets for the family to certain worldwide theme parks :D:D:D
  • LumpyBumpy
    Options
    Got my new discount card at the begining of this year, the discount book that comes with it is much smaller than it used to be! :-( I get discount in Jewellers, for car hire, on cinema, ice skating, Royal Yacht Britannia, National Trust membership, vision express, local chain of indian restaurants and loads of other rather random places. I've got to be honest I haven't ever used it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure