IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPC Ticket Belfast HELP PLEASE!!

Comments

• Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971
    Uniform Washer
    Forumite
    No as you are in Northern Ireland, just totally ignore them, they don't even know if they are writing to the right person, without that info they can't possibly do a claim in a court.

So continue to ignore no squeaky bum time needed.
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • winnie101
    winnie101 Posts: 123 Forumite
    edited 10 May 2013 at 9:55PM
    Hi!

I got a ticket in February at Boucher Retail park. I didn't pay the ticket after reading posts on here. Now I have received a letter from UKPC demanding £100. I am going to ignore it but came on here again just to make sure. So glad to have read hushman and Flixxchick's post.

I certainly won't be shopping at Boucher Retail park again. I wonder what the companies in the retail park think about the parking charges.

Maybe we should get Nolan to investigate the whole scam!
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971
    Uniform Washer
    Forumite
    winnie101 wrote: »
    Hi!

I got a ticket on the 9th February at Boucher Retail park. I didn't pay the ticket after reading posts on here. Now I have received a letter from UKPC demanding £100. I am going to ignore it but came on here again just to make sure. So glad to have read hushman and Flixxchick's post.

I certainly won't be shopping at Boucher Retail park again. I wonder what the companies in the retail park think about the parking charges.

Maybe we should get Nolan to investigate the whole scam!

Why don't you write a letter of complaint to the head offices of the retailers saying that you will never shop there now that they have unregulated cowboys trying to scam money off people, please feel free to use those words ;)
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • edtheduck_2
    edtheduck_2 Posts: 256 Forumite
    I received one of these UKPC letters today too (in Belfast too). Not paying it of course, but am curious how they are able to access name and address details? Are these not protected under data protection?
    Thanks
  • winnie101
    winnie101 Posts: 123 Forumite
    Edtheduck they got our details from DVLNI.

I don't think they should be allowed to give our details out to private companies but apparently they can.
  • hushman
    hushman Posts: 10 Forumite
    In todays "IRISH NEWS", there was a full 2 page spread concerning these scammers giving out tickets all over the north of ireland. Alex Attwood {northern ireland minister} is looking into what these scammers have been up to. Hopefully he gets to the bottom of this and gets these !!!!ers sorted out.:beer: good luck hush.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,613
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Can anyone post a working link or a photo (close up) of the news article?

I found it listed in a search of 'Irish News', under the words 'Attwood confronts parking firms over punitive fees' in the Business section on 13th May - but the website says you have to pay to subscribe & read results.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,255
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Can anyone post a working link or a photo (close up) of the news article?

I found it listed in a search of 'Irish News', under the words 'Attwood confronts parking firms over punitive fees' in the Business section on 13th May - but the website says you have to pay to subscribe & read results.

Unable to find a link directly to the article, but here is an audio link to a radio interview with Alex Attwood, the NI Environment Minister immediately after the publication of the newspaper report.

NI parking issues do not come directly under NI control, rather governed by Westminster.

Mr Attwood is 'on the case' having had a 'stormy' meeting with the BPA and a (not identified) PPC. He's not happy with their positions and has written to them with a series of (hopefully, searching) questions.

I think NI members of MSE and PePiPoo should get behind Mr A and prod him onwards. :T

Here's the link - interesting listening (6 minutes):

http://audioboo.fm/boos/1388779-environment-minister-alex-attwood-is-on-the-warpath-over-private-companies-imposing-car-parking-fines-bbcnolan
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • flixxchick
    flixxchick Posts: 13 Forumite
    Just a quick question.
    How long do the Parking Companies have after they 'say' they place the ticket on your car to the first letter they send telling you 'time's up' and you now owe them more?

Cheers :)
  • tospig
    tospig Posts: 152 Forumite
    From the day of the ticket you have 14 days to pay at the reduced rate.

After 14 days you will be sent your first follow-up letter saying the reduced payment offer has finished. They then give you 28 days to make a payment.

After 28 days you'll get a final demand from UKPC.

the whole process, including Debt Recovery Plus and Zenith Collections, lasts about 6 months.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure