Is it OK to wear knee high boots to a job interview?

Comments

• LannieDuck
    LannieDuck Posts: 2,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Depends on the rest of the outfit. As long as it all looks smart together, no problem. (Although your response will vary by workplace...)
    Mortgage when started: £330,995

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”
    Arthur C. Clarke
  • tonyh66
    tonyh66 Posts: 1,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    with regards to my last reply, boots upto the knee with no turnover on the top would be ok, any boots past the knee would in my opinion not be acceptable as a sensible or smart item of footwear.
  • j.e.j.
    j.e.j. Posts: 9,672 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I can't see an issue with wearing boots. I'm surprised it's a contentious thing, tbh. As long as you look smart, you should be fine.

I do agree that turning up in flip-flops doesn't give the best impression :rotfl:
  • ME13
    ME13 Posts: 8 Forumite
    I did just that this week and got the job! After being on long term sickness of 2.5 years.

Black leather boots with black tights. Teamed with a black knee length dress and jacket, and a snazzy lime green coat. Sealed the deal!
  • denla
    denla Posts: 417 Forumite
    ME13 wrote: »
    I did just that this week and got the job! After being on long term sickness of 2.5 years.

Black leather boots with black tights. Teamed with a black knee length dress and jacket, and a snazzy lime green coat. Sealed the deal!

Generally speaking, if the employer is attracted to the applicant, she'll get the job. Otherwise he'll say she's wearing inappropriate footwear. Uglies and average looking females best not wear boots.
  • Wyndham
    Wyndham Posts: 2,437 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    denla wrote: »
    Generally speaking, if the employer is attracted to the applicant, she'll get the job. Otherwise he'll say she's wearing inappropriate footwear. Uglies and average looking females best not wear boots.

Hmmmm..... they let women interview these days, did you know? :)
  • chuckley
    chuckley Posts: 4,405 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    if they're like riding boots (round toe'd, low heel, crisp leather) then yes... if theyre point, loose fabric and low heel, then HELL TO THE NO.
  • chuckley
    chuckley Posts: 4,405 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    ME13 wrote: »
    Gotta love someone that smashes it with a standout coat. im sure it was the coat that got em like 'yeah shes the one'.
  • prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,147 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Is it OK to wear knee high boots to a job interview?
    Perhaps best not to take a whip too, though...
  • ME13
    ME13 Posts: 8 Forumite
    chuckley wrote: »
    Gotta love someone that smashes it with a standout coat. im sure it was the coat that got em like 'yeah shes the one'.
    That's pretty much what happened. I thought it showed some personality, if I really wanted to wow them, I would have shown them the lining! On a serious note, I have quite substantial facial disfigurement, so rocking a snazzy coat (and nice boots) made me feel confident (and it was really cold that day).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure